Don't buy that SR-22 just yet

Having flown both, the 22's I've flown seem to cruise about 5kts faster while burning about 3gph more. With the purchase/maintenance price being much more for the 22 I'd opt for a nice RV-10 anyday.

I'd love to have either...is there a mod to make the RV a 4+1 as in a small kid in the middle rear seat like the XL-RG5?

If you don't mind learning and wrenching, the RV10 can save you heck of a lot of money, espcially when radio upgrades come around. Just about anything you could need to know is on the internet somewhere.

Don't recall ever seeing one with air-conditioning yet.

I had a chance to look at an RV10 on the ramp. The baggage area seemed rather tight. While you could fit 4 people in the cabin it seemed to me that their luggage would have to go FedEx. Am I missing something?

If you don't mind learning and wrenching, the RV10 can save you heck of a lot of money, espcially when radio upgrades come around. Just about anything you could need to know is on the internet somewhere.

Don't recall ever seeing one with air-conditioning yet.

I did my transition training for my RV-9 (they fly almost identical to a 10, just missing two seats) with a guy in Dallas that has an RV-10 with A/C. Since most of his flying is transition training/pattern work in the Texas heat it was really nice.

-Dan

edit: However the my 9 and the 10 both will climb at well over 1000 fpm up to 10K, so I didn't really feel the need for A/C since most of my flying is longer distance/higher up.

I'd love to have either...is there a mod to make the RV a 4+1 as in a small kid in the middle rear seat like the XL-RG5?

Not that I'm aware of, but the seats and attach points are quite easily modified, for a true builder this would be a relatively easy task to install a bench seat.

I did my transition training for my RV-9 (they fly almost identical to a 10, just missing two seats) with a guy in Dallas that has an RV-10 with A/C. Since most of his flying is transition training/pattern work in the Texas heat it was really nice.

-Dan

edit: However the my 9 and the 10 both will climb at well over 1000 fpm up to 10K, so I didn't really feel the need for A/C since most of my flying is longer distance/higher up.

Yup, same guy - Alex DeDominicis at Eagles Nest airpark in Midlothian. N110LV has air conditioning installed, and we used it two weeks ago during my transition training.

Yup, same guy - Alex DeDominicis at Eagles Nest airpark in Midlothian. N110LV has air conditioning installed, and we used it two weeks ago during my transition training.

Yep, that's him. He did a really good job with my transition training, well worth the time and expense.

-Dan

Back