does anyone else do this????

korben88

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Troy
Today was a bit windy, 9 kts gusting 15
So I decided to do some pattern work, cross wind, short field, soft field. I think I did okay considering the wind staying centerline was a challenge, but I was happy with my efforts. Vertically I struggled though not much I could do really.

Anyways, on to the question. I was leaving the airport and got about a block away before I realized that I was driving home with my "nose" straddling the center line

Today was a bit windy, 9 kts gusting 15
So I decided to do some pattern work, cross wind, short field, soft field. I think I did okay considering the wind staying centerline was a challenge, but I was happy with my efforts. Vertically I struggled though not much I could do really.

Anyways, on to the question. I was leaving the airport and got about a block away before I realized that I was driving home with my "nose" straddling the center line
Just don't try to steer with the pedals.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I don't do that but over the years I have come across a few pilots that seem to always land on the left side of the runway. You'd think if they were going to pick a side it would be the right side. Actually one such guy is a Brit...hmmmm....

I don't do that but over the years I have come across a few pilots that seem to always land on the left side of the runway. You'd think if they were going to pick a side it would be the right side. Actually one such guy is a Brit...hmmmm....

I tend to land right of center, and I drift right after takeoff. I think my right boot is too heavy.

Nope, never have. As far as I know anyway. ;) :D

No, I have always been able to distinguish between a car and an airplane.

I haven't actually done it, but I've been tempted.... and caught myself before I drifted over.

Never had that urge, but there are a few ramps around here where I so badly want to do a barrel roll to make the 90 degree transition without stopping at the light...

I should probably poimt out that I wasn't on an actual city road. It was the roadway from the hangars to the fbo.

Similar to using a forklift too long. You try putting the car in gear with the turn signal stalk. It's an awkward moment.

I should probably poimt out that I wasn't on an actual city road. It was the roadway from the hangars to the fbo.

Whoa whoa whoa! :eek: No changing your story on us you middle of the road pudknocker! :D

I've driven home from the airport and, upon seeing some storms up the road a ways, attempted to turn on the wx radar... :confused:

I've driven home from the airport and, upon seeing some storms up the road a ways, attempted to turn on the wx radar... :confused:

That's ok, as long as you don't call Onstar and ask to be cleared for an altitude/vector change away from the storm...

Here's a true story for ya'll, seriously. Late 70s at an Air Force pilot training base out west, might have been in TX. I think it was an Iranian Air Force student pilot and he was driving a van down the highway/interstate. Clicks on the "autopilot" (aka cruise control), gets up, and goes in the back to get a drink. Van goes off the road and crashes. I swear it's a true story.

Here's a true story for ya'll, seriously. Late 70s at an Air Force pilot training base out west, might have been in TX. I think it was an Iranian Air Force student pilot and he was driving a van down the highway/interstate. Clicks on the "autopilot" (aka cruise control), gets up, and goes in the back to get a drink. Van goes off the road and crashes. I swear it's a true story.

I heard it was a Vietnamese immigrant in Texas, and he won the lawsuit against GM/Ford/whoever made the van.

I heard it was a Vietnamese immigrant in Texas, and he won the lawsuit against GM/Ford/whoever made the van.

I dunno, during that time I don't think we were training any VN. Pretty sure it was an Iranian as the base I was at in MS had just over a hundred Iranian AF student pilots during the same time frame.

After a lot of flying time I find myself putting a little back pressure on the steering wheel as I go over big bumps to...you know...hold the Chevy Avalanche nose off.

What about when you drive a stick for a while and then hop in an automatic. first time you go to press the clutch and jam on the brakes instead.

What about when you drive a stick for a while and then hop in an automatic. first time you go to press the clutch and jam on the brakes instead.
Haven't done that, but I've reached for the gear shifter. Fortunately the auto selector was on the column and not between the front seats.

When I was a teenager and had just got my DL, my mom would almost put her braking foot thru the floorboard when she rode with me, and she was sitting in the passenger seat. :eek: :D

Last edited:
I've drop my eyes to the dash trying to go on the six pack when I lost visibility out the windshield because a passing car splashed mine. :yes::yes::yes:

I heard it was a couple of blondes......

Back