Do You Ever Not Post?

Yes, sometimes written text can be miss-read and I understand that. I have had to re-read lines before I understood how it was meant. Just a few folks here seem to take pleasure in trying to demean others. You probably know which folks I mean.

I did see your thread about flying to Santa Barbara. I have not a single bit of knowledge of the area so I could not offer any help. I saw others that were very helpful, and was glad to see it worked out well.

Your examples are spot on...:)
I have a oat load of examples since I joined where I asked questions and got great answers, suggestions, ideas that helped me and still helps me. This is from a newbie student perspective. I think if u come with an open mind when u ask a question, and have to common sense filter on, and not expect to hear the answer u want to hear, but the real answer/comment/suggestion ... it goes a long way.
I could make a mile long list of what I learnt from experienced pilots on this forum, some are not helpful, generally most posts and pilots are.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I am a self conscious, insecure, quiet, timid, introvert in real life. I delete about 50% of my posts before clicking "Post reply"
I should probably up that to 80% but my process has become this:

Is it a legit question about flying? No they never are, post but...
Is it funny? To who me, someone specific or folks in general? If the latter 2, post but..
Does it have the word dildo or a penis reference? If yes and you are in the mood for a phone call, yer or no, post but...
Is someone going to take it the wrong way? This is POA, someone is going to take it the wrong way. Post but...
will someone reply with the highly overused and terribly unfunny "Chute" comment? Don't post but look at your avatar you dumb dildo you have chute remarks coming...
OK, that's fair. Let it sit until tomorrow and if it still feels like a good post, click that button.
That's longer than my pre-flight checklist

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

50% or more I'll type in and erase, not post.

I try to ask myself,
am I answering the OP's question?
am I adding anything at all to the conversation?

By the way (see what I did there, no translation of BTW required),
I try to avoid hijacking the thread off into another direction.

By the way, how 'bout those Diamondbacks? ...

:D
By the way, I like what you did there, no translation of BTW required. You should be in charge of creating the new metar standard!

I just looked at the title of a thread asking the definition of a subject that is a 1 liner in the FAR's. It had over 40 replies. How is that? I did not post.

I try to avoid hijacking the thread off into another direction.

By the way, how 'bout those Diamondbacks? ...

:D

The current owner of the property I am buying told me he has seen a couple diamond backs on the property.

This is some kind of trick, right?

I just looked at the title of a thread asking the definition of a subject that is a 1 liner in the FAR's. It had over 40 replies. How is that? I did not post.

Probably missed the Chief Counsel opinion letter on it then. LOL.

Back