Do All Men Have Wondering Eyes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno about that, but the conclusion you should be drawing is that all this should be in the SZ, as you've now made the thread 2-for-2 in the "Things That Belong In The SZ" department.

I mean it's right there at the top of the page (which really doesn't require more than a "seventh-grade view" of anything to see):

(em. added)

This statement:
There's nothing wrong with catching an eyeful of attractive body part.

Nothing.

To which you agreed, is a statement of ethical value.

My reply demonstrated that this statement is not universally held, and in fact is contradicted by Jesus (who happens to be an authority on ethics for far more people than dmccormack, SkyHog, ReverendSlappy, or the POA MC)

This staement:

My reply demonstrated that this statement is not universally held, and in fact is contradicted by Jesus (who happens to be an authority on ethics for far more people than dmccormack, SkyHog, ReverendSlappy, or the POA MC)

I see. So now, in addition to have already tried to claim that discussing the leadership qualities of, example set by, and judgment of a political figure isn't political, you're now going to try to claim that a discussion of Christian ethics isn't religious? Got it.

:rolleyes:

Why would I want that job?
I don't know, but I've noticed you spend many a post pointing out which threads should be moved to SZ. I just figured it would be more efficient if you took the job so you could have control of the "move" button...

I don't know, but I've noticed you spend many a post pointing out which threads should be moved to SZ. I just figured it would be more efficient if you took the job so you could have control of the "move" button...

Im pretty sure that the MC no longer moves threads to the SZ. A while back they adopted the policy of just deleting them because it was too much hassle and work for them to constantly be moving threads.

This statement:

Well when Jesus starts posting on POA (he's the original SkyPilot, isn't he?), I'll give his opinion the same weight as everyone else's.

Tony, Nick, never mind, I think I'm getting a room of my own in Hell now.

hopefully there is an airport in hell or we all are going to be pretty bored.

Well when Jesus starts posting on POA (he's the original SkyPilot, isn't he?), I'll give his opinion the same weight as everyone else's.

Well done. :rofl:

Here's the thing, though: I betcha He would know to post anything about Himself and His system of ethics in the SZ, where it belongs... ;)

President Obama got caught staring at the behind of a 16 year old girl. Being the father of 3 beautiful daughters I notice this alot. Would it be asking too much for men to have a little decorum and understand that people notice this stuff?

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/slideshow/photo//090709/ids_photos_wl/r3356552547.jpg/

Mr. President, would you like men dreweling over your daughters?

This is not a political thread. This is a thread about treating women, (and their fathers) with respect.

I think your post and thread title are highly sexist. What if wrote a thread title that started with "Do all women..."?

I think more women should have wandering eyes.

The sexes are different. Different does NOT mean wrong.

Religious belief is a highly personal thing. Jesus is an authority for you because you consider Him to be one. Not everyone does.

So I should not be allowed to point out RoC violations?

Look.

A lot of people get annoyed when political posts pop out of the SZ. They get all cranky and as a user of the SZ I work my butt off to not annoy the people who do not wish to see that stuff outside of the SZ. The last thing I want is to be accused of bringing politics all over this board. So I point out, like several others do, that certain topics should have been posted elsewhere. There are a bunch of people who wanted all politics off of the board a few years ago. In a Soleman like manner the MC created the SZ to appease both sides.

It is my opinion I am voicing and it is still up to the MC to make a decision once they become aware of it. But I do not think I am the only one nor am I the most vocal one to point this out. I noticed at least four people in this thread have stated that the OP was political bating and should the thread should have been posted in the SZ. Shouldn't you also ask them if they wish to be moderators and do you have that power to make a person a moderator?

What is very ironic is that I still get blamed by a couple of guys of posting all kinds of political things. The most accusations come from two guys who were basically run out of the SZ because their posts there were of a lame, juvenile, name calling nature. It is funny that when they were active there that people on both sides of the political spectrum spoke up against them. I know in one case people were sending me PM's indicating that the person was being an embarrassment to their side of an argument. Yet one of those guys, to this day, will only make a fuss about political posts when they do not represent his side of an issue. Then cries he is being repressed when those comments are removed.

Out of respect for the users of PoA who do not wish to see nor discuss politics, those of us who do owe it to them to ensure our enjoyment is not spilling out of the SZ. The MC has given us a nice area, away from the rest of PoA with special rules to enjoy an aspect of life. We should also thank them by not allowing the rest of PoA to have to deal with those topics.

I liken it to smoking. The owners of this house have asked the smokers to step to the other side of the yard to light up. So when we see someone taking a drag on the back porch we should point it out so that all of us are not tainted by that person's flaunting of the rules.

Religious belief is a highly personal thing.

Which is probably why the MC, in their enduring wisdom, enacted a policy stating that discussions of it belongs in the SZ. Whether they'll choose to enforce that policy or not remains to be seen.

Why would my Mexican landcaper, Jesus (hay-zeus), be an authority on ethics?

I liken it to smoking. The owners of this house have asked the smokers to step to the other side of the yard to light up. So when we see someone taking a drag on the back porch we should point it out so that all of us are not tainted by that person's flaunting of the rules.

I think there's a Seinfeld reference here (much like there is for basically everything else in life.)

This whole deal here is the MC's party. And they decided that they don't want people putting their drinks on the speakers or tapping the glass of the aquarium. Makes sense, right? They've gone so far as to lay out an entire policy prohibiting the placement of drinks on speakers and the tapping of the aquarium in most of the place, and have even created a place specifically for the purpose of allowing people to place their drinks wherever they want and tap on any glass they see. Their party, their rules, their deal.

If they choose not to enforce those rules? People start putting their drinks on speakers and start tapping on the aquarium and they say or do nothing? Hey, that's their prerogative too, I guess. But that doesn't mean you or I or anybody else is wrong in pointing out the fact that they certainly appear to not be acting in accordance with the rules they set forth.

Me, I wanna be in charge of the music. I can really turn that mother out and/or get jiggy with it.

I think more women should have wandering eyes.

Trust me.... we do. Most women are pretty good at hiding it though. I, on the other hand, make it completely obvious when I'm checking someone out. I figure if guys can do it, so can I.

Trust me.... we do. Most women are pretty good at hiding it though. I, on the other hand, make it completely obvious when I'm checking someone out. I figure if guys can do it, so can I.

OK, everyone watch Heather at OSH and say "gotcha" when you see her checking someone out (at least until your throat is sore).

Which only proves that not only do men like to look, they like to talk about looking. ;)

So, instead of moving this to the spin zone, are you suggesting it should be merged with Tony's "I'm excited" thread?

BTW, Obama is kinda hot in a cerebral sort of way....

Well, if you say so. But I would argue for Mrs. Obama...

Oh for Odin's sake, I despise it when people try to make everyone adhere to their own version of morality! All of the religious leaders with a historical perspective are highly tainted individuals, thus I see no reason why this shouldn't have always been the case. I therefore really don't care what Jesus, Mohammed, Abraham, Moses, John Smith, Siddhārtha or L Ron Hubbard think about about what I do and don't.

Well, I've been in love with YOU ever since post #71! :smile:

Probably what's really going on is that women just aren't looking at ME, LOL.

If you go to yahoo.com there is a link on the homepage to an ABC video showing things in context.

if she walked past me i'd probably look too...

There was the girl in very minimal yellow bikini in the Miami background on Burn Notice last night...not that there's anything wrong with that.

Oh, and Fi wore a gown so sheer it looked like her tiny black top and bottom underneath were part of the pattern.

If you go to yahoo.com there is a link on the homepage to an ABC video showing things in context.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07102009/news/nationalnews/tail_to_the_chief_178552.htm

also has the ABC video embedded that shows what happened REAL TIME, not freeze framed.

Its amazing how a single picture can be used for a deceptive agenda.

Check out the French Prez nearly hurting his neck to check out the young lady, and Obama not appearing to stare but to be turning around to help a young lady down the steps.

There was the girl in very minimal yellow bikini in the Miami background on Burn Notice last night...not that there's anything wrong with that.

Oh, and Fi wore a gown so sheer it looked like her tiny black top and bottom underneath were part of the pattern.
Good thing I have it Tivo'd!:D

Check out the video:
http://www.mediamatters.com/mmtv/200907100006

Not quite as lecherous-looking as the snapshot.
-harry

You are right Harry, after reviewing the video I agree. It seems I too have been a rush to judgment. All I saw was the picture which looks terrible! No man should be staring at a young girl in any way except that which an adoring father's eyes would gaze.

All you non parents, non pilot, spin zone door keepers maybe should take a lesson from this President. He showed graciousness, decorum, and what is obviously lacking in this forum, is the art of being a gentleman. That is what I expect from my President.

Like I said, this was NOT started as a political thread. This is about men acting like men, and treating women with respect.

Now about that "Wondering" part of the title. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
President Obama got caught staring at the behind of a 16 year old girl. Being the father of 3 beautiful daughters I notice this alot. Would it be asking too much for men to have a little decorum and understand that people notice this stuff?
Yes it is asking too much.

Reason # 254 that I will never stand for public office I guess.

Last edited:
You are right Harry, after reviewing the video I agree. It seems I too have been a rush to judgment. All I saw was the picture which looks terrible! No man should be staring at a young girl in any way except that which an adoring father's eyes would gaze.

All you non parents, non pilot, spin zone door keepers maybe should take a lesson from this President. He showed graciousness, decorum, and what is obviously lacking in this forum, is the art of being a gentleman. That is what I expect from my President.

Like I said, this was NOT started as a political thread. This is about men acting like men, and treating women with respect.

Now about that "Wondering" part of the title. :rolleyes:

At least you're man enough to admit when you were wrong, and that's definately cool.

Think also about the conniving person and all the time they spent looking over the harmless video footage for the frame in question and then editing the video for their twisted purposes!

Regarding men publicly viewing the numerous 16 year-olds these days clad in microlayer skimpies of minimal proportions, I'm curious exactly how does one look at such flaunting creatures "in such a way as an adoring father would gaze"?

Last edited:
I totally missed Obama and was staring at the girl. :confused:

:D

I'll take Geico at his word. Why you choose to believe otherwise is between you and the man in your mirror.

No, as the President people look to him to set an example.

He is my President too Scott, and I expect a higher standard in public, in a foreign country, representing my country. As a father of two daughters he should know better. This has nothing to do with politics as has everything to do with him being a leader and a father.

You can take him at his "word" -- and ignore the actual words in his post and the fact that the circulation of this whole issue began on right-wing (you know, political) websites -- if you wish. But in this universe -- the one that both I and the man in my mirror live in -- discussing how a political leader "sets an example", what "standards" he adheres to "in public, in a foreign country" and how he "represents" the country and anything to do with the quality of "him being a leader" is and always will be unambiguously and easily-understood to be political. And the only thing I have to do to (quite easily) draw that clear-as-day conclusion is to read the words of that post -- something that perhaps you didn't do. :dunno:

Last edited:
My only conclusion must be this: Obviously all intelligent, educated, sophisticated people share seventh-grade views on the applicability of the words of Jesus to modern life.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. I'll bet my Aztec it's not you. So, don't cast stones.

Which only proves that not only do men like to look, they like to talk about looking. ;)

And women don't? ;)

Leave a space on the couch for me too, you two.

I think we're up to everyone on PoA except for Dan and Geico, Tim.

We can all have our camp site like at Sholler. Sounds fun to me!

You can take him at his "word" -- and ignore the actual words in his post and the fact that the circulation of this whole issue began on right-wing (you know, political) websites -- if you wish. But in this universe -- the one that both I and the man in my mirror live in -- discussing how a political leader "sets an example", what "standards" he adheres to "in public, in a foreign country" and how he "represents" the country and anything to do with the quality of "him being a leader" is and always will be unambiguously and easily-understood to be political. And the only thing I have to do to (quite easily) draw that clear-as-day conclusion is to read the words of that post -- something that perhaps you didn't do. :dunno:

Here's the thing, Matt, not all see all things the same. While you and I may see this as political, that does not mean Geico did. Yes, he did in fact make all the statements you post here but again, how one defines "political" may be different how another defines "political". I can't read the man's mind.

He submitted his mea culpa publicly and that carries a lot of weight with this one person on this one board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back