Do All Men Have Wondering Eyes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And in a true show of irony, this thread showed up immediately above the one entitled "Have I been cut off at home"......

And in a true show of irony, this thread showed up immediately above the one entitled "Have I been cut off at home"......

I'm trying real hard to stay out of that one... Don't know how much longer I can keep it up.

Be careful with your lookin, we had a guy run into a train - kilt dead, while watching the local scenery! I kid you not!

The God I believe in created all these beautiful bodies, and why shouldn't we appreciate them? They are, after all, the works of a master.

You are right -- which is why Jesus said "with lustful intent."

What's informative is he did not say "Whoever looks at a woman is guilty of adultery..."

As others have posted, intent makes one culpable -- not mere "looking."

In the image referenced by the OP, the president happened to be looking in a certain direction -- there is absolutely no evidence of anything resembling lustful leering.

Everyone knows the difference -- even if they pretend not to.

Last edited:
I haven't read all of the comments on this thread, but there is an old saying. " Just because I am on a diet, doesn't mean I can't look at the menu".

I haven't read all of the comments on this thread, but there is an old saying. " Just because I am on a diet, doesn't mean I can't look at the menu".

and

just because I'm tied to a chain in the back yard doesn't mean I can't get out to the end of it and bark like hell!

A quote from back home was "they's a verse in there somewhere that says thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife. All I can tell you is that whoever wrote that hasn't seen my neighbor's wife".

Funny that this all came up around "Moon Amtrak" day.

The camera captured a coincidence. I don't think this particular image is indicative of anything other than the momentary position of each person captured when the image was made.

Exactly.

(I was away all weekend. I'm coming to the party late....:D)

Good one, I wondered how long before someone brought up that fact that it really should have been wandering eyes. :smilewinkgrin:

I'm pretty sure that was mentioned earlier in the thread, so I can't take credit for it.

The thing that blows my mind about that photo is that each spec on there is a galaxy, not a star, and it's just one tiny section of the sky.

every time I look at the sky on a clear night away from the city! :smile:

On a similar vein:

Having a bad day? This helps put it in perspective! (see pdf)

I told the person who sent it to me that it is akin to the feeling I get when I fly over my town, my business. I can make all my problems get as small as my thumbnail!

Attachments

• EarthinPerspective.pdf
    179.5 KB · Views: 23
Good one, I wondered how long before someone brought up that fact that it really should have been wandering eyes. :smilewinkgrin:

Well if we're being picky, it's "drooling," not "drewling" or however it was spelled here.

On a similar vein:

I told the person who sent it to me that it is akin to the feeling I get when I fly over my town, my business. I can make all my problems get as small as my thumbnail!

Folks, read this.

Take a deep breath.

And resume behaving as adults.

That is all.

Says you.

That's your political opinion, discussion of which belongs in the SZ. Pretty clear. :dunno:

Wow...so whenever anyone now says someone of authority and power, up to and including the President, it is political and should be in SZ?

Seriously?

You guys truly think ANYTHING said about someone in politics is political? Really? Wow.....

Your opinion is not universal:

But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

OK...that is laughable. Sorry but it is.

Hell my wife points good looking women out to me! So I guess she is an accessory to my "adultary"?

Sorry but I refuse to by into the mostly religious viewpoint that the female form is somehow evil and looking at it is wrong.

Hell my wife points good looking women out to me! So I guess she is an accessory to my "adultary"?

Sorry but I refuse to by into the mostly religious viewpoint that the female form is somehow evil and looking at it is wrong.

Looks like you've got two more tickets on the PoA train to hell, Tom. Aisle or window seat? :D

Since you apparently have difficulty with comprehension, here's further explanation posted above:

The God I believe in created all these beautiful bodies, and why shouldn't we appreciate them? They are, after all, the works of a master.

What's informative is he did not say "Whoever looks at a woman is guilty of adultery..."

In the image referenced by the OP, the president happened to be looking in a certain direction -- there is absolutely no evidence of anything resembling lustful leering.

Since you apparently have difficulty with comprehension, here's further explanation posted above:

Ahhhhh, now I follow you. I thought you were kinda nuts until I got the "intent" part of it.

Looking at someone and thinking "Man I'd like to %$(&W that!!" is adulterous; looking at someone and thinking "Man is she smokin'!!" is not.

Ok. I can accept that argument.:D

If one needs more guidance one could simply reference the expression on the faces of both presidents in the video and contrast the two :smilewinkgrin:

Ahhhhh, now I follow you. I thought you were kinda nuts until I got the "intent" part of it.

Looking at someone and thinking "Man I'd like to %$(&W that!!" is adulterous; looking at someone and thinking "Man is she smokin'!!" is not.

Ok. I can accept that argument.:D

Where does "Honey, why can't you look more like her?" fall into place? :D

"I assume I'll be sleeping in the garage again?" :D

Thanks. I was having a bad day. I woke up this morning, depressed, because I was feeling all small and insignificant, but that really helped put my problem in perspective!
-harry

Exactly.

I have two daughters (both in 20s).

Sometimes they get dressed nice and I think, "My wife and I brought up two beautiful girls!"

In order to make that assessment, I have to look at them.

"Looking" is not the problem -- the inclination of the heart is what matters.

This is the heart of Jesus' message -- which is why he savages the "religious" leaders of his day and tells them that pimps and prostitutes are closer to the Kingdom of heaven than they.

Intent trumps appearance -- and most assuredly in the case of the OP photo.

I don't think I believe you. I will need photographic evidence.

You know, just to look. :D

Sure.

Here ya go...

229.gif

as far as I can tell, scaring boys away is about the only fun thing about having a daughter.

as far as I can tell, scaring boys away is about the only fun thing about having a daughter.

Yeah, but then you get to the point where you say, "He seems nice..."

In our experience (2 g, 1 b) girls are easier when they are little ... they get progressively more difficult as they get older!

Boys tear up everything from day one -- but you basically know when to grab an extinguisher and when to just ignore the latest explosion.

Yeah, but then you get to the point where you say, "He seems nice..."

In our experience (2 g, 1 b) girls are easier when they are little ... they get progressively more difficult as they get older!

Boys tear up everything from day one -- but you basically know when to grab an extinguisher and when to just ignore the latest explosion.

i always thought my dad summed it up well

Dad said:
When you have a boy you only have to worry about one d**k. When you have a girl you have to worry about every d**k in town.

ugh... the awkward talk in the garage/den/etc. BTDT.

"... You see, you don't just take a fine car out for a spin ..."
or
"... There are few things more precious to a man then his family. You see, if you ..."

Whew! I was always glad that I was pretty much unsupervised by the time I got to that age or there would have been a lot of conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back