Delta Pilot EARNS his dream!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Delta Pilot EARNS he dream!

Ummm, it was the biggest crowd funding ever...we all paid for it. Not knocking him obviously. I used VA benefits as well to fund my training....but I'll confess it was crowd funding.

Ummm, it was the biggest crowd funding ever...we all paid for it. Not knocking him obviously. I used VA benefits as well to fund my training....but I'll confess it was crowd funding.

Crowd funders are beggars. Veterans have EARNED it. :yes:

That is not crowd funding.

Good for him ,using his benefits to the fullest,was a smart move. He earned those benefits.

What's better than a public crowd funding campaign???

Well that would be a govt funded crowd funding campaign paid for by all.

Kudos....and a well earned benefit.

Yes, it is, and military is a tax mooch job. Don't be dishonest about what they are.

Isis has a job for you. I'll pay your airfare:rolleyes2:

How is "all American taxpayers" not a crowd?

You're either being a troll, or an idiot. I'm not sure which.

WTF???

I argue tax payer funded is 'crowd funded' (an obvious FACT any kid can grasp) and now I'm accused of troll or idiot???

Gfys

Yes, it is, and military is a tax mooch job. Don't be dishonest about what they are.

The people who protect your right to insult them...

Crowd sourcing/funding is going around asking for money for something. It's what I do for Cloud Nine, but we call it "fund raising." Those people get nothing in return and have no expectation of it.

Military is like any other job from a financial sense. You work, other people pay the company/organization for products or services it provides, that makes up your salary and benefits. The people who pay your salary do expect (and receive) something for their money.

Last edited:

WTF???

I argue tax payer funded is 'crowd funded' (an obvious FACT any kid can grasp) and now I'm accused of troll or idiot???

Gfys

No accusations, just factual statements. If you don't like it, go leave the forum like you keep on saying you will, but never do.

No accusations, just factual statements. If you don't like it, go leave the forum like you keep on saying you will, but never do.

Maybe I do like it and maybe you should leave.

Again, gfys

You know, I'm so glad the Spin Zone is going away so we don't have to tolerate political talk that is contrary to the values of POA ... :rolleyes:

All I said was tax payer funded is crowd funded and pointed out that as a veteran I used GI Bill funding for my own flight training.

For that I get called troll or idiot.

I'm NOT the one out of line here.

I think the important difference is between someone receiving money/benefits for a job they're doing/have done vs someone just asking for money cause they want something.

A lot of us are getting concerned with this new societal trend of people expecting someone else to pay their way...

All I said was tax payer funded is crowd funded and pointed out that as a veteran I used GI Bill funding for my own flight training.

For that I get called troll or idiot.

I'm NOT the one out of line here.

Thank you for your service. Did you go post on the Internet "Hey, help me get my ratings! Donate here!"? No, you (presumably) actually worked. You at least took a job for which you gave your time in return for a salary and benefits. Crowdfunding is donations, not a job. If you were in the military, then I'm glad to have paid your salary and benefits, as I got something in return. I didn't (and wouldn't) just pay for your ratings. My house is not crowd funded, even though my salary is paid by many people who give the company I work for money.

By calling the benefits military vets are entitled to "crowdfunding", you are implying that what they get is a handout, not earned, and thus insulting yourself as well as other vets. Insult yourself all you want, but it is out of line to imply members of the military don't earn their salary and benefits. They may be overpaid or underpaid depending on your personal opinion, but it is not a hand out.

I think I see the disconnect. Y'all equate crowd funding with begging / handouts.

I do not. Crowd funding is a non traditional way to raise funds for a product or receive payment for a service. KickStarter is the first I was aware for and as a contributer to a project you get something...usually the product your funding. There are many success stories from kickstarter. Many failures too but that's startups.

GoFundMe and Patreon are designed to allow paying an individual for a service. Maybe an artist who's music you enjoy that isn't signed to a label. I've even given to YouTube creators for shows I've subscribed to for years and felt a payment from me to them was very warranted...after all, I enjoyed hours of their hard work.

PoA has a specific lens though. We see people misuse these services and come in here asking for handouts and corrupt services that are designed for payment of service as a virtual tin cup.

Whatever, understand the perspective from which I view crowd funding and apply that lens to my comments here on this thread. Tax payer funded anything is by definition crowd funding and it does not have a negative implication in my mind.

Thank you for your service. Did you go post on the Internet "Hey, help me get my ratings! Donate here!"? No, you (presumably) actually worked. You at least took a job for which you gave your time in return for a salary and benefits. Crowdfunding is donations, not a job. If you were in the military, then I'm glad to have paid your salary and benefits, as I got something in return. I didn't (and wouldn't) just pay for your ratings. My house is not crowd funded, even though my salary is paid by many people who give the company I work for money.

By calling the benefits military vets are entitled to "crowdfunding", you are implying that what they get is a handout, not earned, and thus insulting yourself as well as other vets. Insult yourself all you want, but it is out of line to imply members of the military don't earn their salary and benefits. They may be overpaid or underpaid depending on your personal opinion, but it is not a hand out.

:yeahthat:I happen to think that if you sign to give your life for this country in ANY capacity, we don't pay you enough. Your well earned benefits is the LEAST we can do.

Crowd funding, to me is not a hand out. It's a petition for help to do something for the greater good. If it's just to get your stupid ratings so you can have the career you want, that's not crowdfunding...that's just begging and that should be beneath us in this country.

"Crowd funding is a non traditional way to receive money for a service." Being in the armed forces (funded by taxpayers) is I believe the most traditional form of getting payment/benefits in the history of the world. People have been doing it for literally thousands of years.

But, nobody in the Roman empire used their military benefits for flight training. Let me go start a kickstarter to get funding to find out why.

"Crowd funding is a non traditional way to receive money for a service." Being in the armed forces (funded by taxpayers) is I believe the most traditional form of getting payment/benefits in the history of the world. People have been doing it for literally thousands of years.

But, nobody in the Roman empire used their military benefits for flight training. Let me go start a kickstarter to get funding to find out why.

I believe you're taking that out of context. Coming onto PoA asking for money is non-traditional. Pebble watch was started using kickstarter and that's a multi-million dollar company started using non-traditional methods. Same? Of course not.

Pebble Watch Wiki

The issue here isn't 'non-traditional' its begging. We've always disliked beggers so why do we condemn the method in which they beg? Do we hate hats because some beggers use them to beg? Should we hate cardboard because many use it to make signs to panhandle?

Kickstarter, GoFundMe, and Patreon are just tools. Tools used mostly for good but can be abused. Those services are not to be faulted if an individual uses them for unhonorable purposes like begging.

You mean like my step,fathers grand daughter? She started a gofundme for cancer treatment. Only problem is she doesn't have cancer. She also did one for her husband who lost his job and she couldn't fed the kids..... He's in oil/gas and making plenty!

Scammers, liars, beggars..... Those fund me websites are ripe for bullsheeeeet and I don't care who you are, even Patty Wagstaff, you ain't getting a nickel from me.

Okay. then Remington, Colt, Smith & Wesson and other gun manufactures are to blame when people misuse their products. Or is tech somehow different in that they own users use?

You guys must know Henning is just sitting back smiling/laughing. I almost put a "don't feed the troll" post this morning on his nonsense, but thought better of it.

If you've been here and seen his shtick, he clearly has a personal beef with all things military and takes EVERY SINGLE POSSIBLE opportunity to try to start this kind of stuff. I used to get upset and bent out of shape but now I just know that's his deal - tries to insult and demean the military at all costs. It doesn't bother me anymore, you can't change people. He's entitled to his opinion, (even when he's confused between his opinion and fact).

Try to smile and move on!

Have a great day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So let me rephrase my original post.

" This guys drive and determination impress me' Can't be much misinterpretation in that.

" This guys drive and determination impress me' Can't be much misinterpretation in that.

I agree with that completely.

Gawd, Captain, are you on a mission to see how many "feel good" threads you can derail and F U this week with your whining? You're definitely on a roll.

Absolutely! I wish I saw more 20 somethings that were willing to work hard for something... This guy seems like an excellent example.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the story is flat awesome. Perhaps, one day, I'll be lucky enough to meet this guy!

He's trying to compete with Henning for stoopidest post of the day.

Captain passed Henning long ago for that. At least Henning's posts are often entertaining.

Gawd, Captain, are you on a mission to see how many "feel good" threads you can derail and F U this week with your whining? You're definitely on a roll.

I derailed this thread?

No no, I was a mere contributor. This is the thread that derailed it.

A way over the top attack on me. Should I just let others attack me. Lay down and accept I'm okay to walk over? No. Maybe you all feel like I'm okay to trample on since my SZ post identify me as left or lib or whatever...but I'm not going to do that. I'm not crying to MC for help against bullies either. I'm simply standing up for myself and not letting attacks go unanswered.

Troll or idiot...that's my choice?

That's an attack and everyone here knows it. Here are my only posts on this thread prior to that attack.

How is "all American taxpayers" not a crowd?

Last edited:
Back