Deleted

Ice said he didn’t like Maverick because he was dangerous, playing on the Iceman comment.
Just in case. Ya never know for sure. It is possible although highly improbable that some one hasn't seen it. He's talkin about Top freakin Gun people

Dammit, Jim, I'm an engineer not a spell checker!

As the sign on my first boss's desk when I graduated from college said, "Golly. 6 weeks ago I could not even spell 'engineer'! Now I are one!"

As the sign on my first boss's desk when I graduated from college said, "Golly. 6 weeks ago I could not even spell 'engineer'! Now I are one!"

It takes a pretty dull person without any creativity to only think of one way to spell a word. Or wurd. Or wird.

I’m mildly surprised that nobody has commented that the front landing gear appears to be quite dirty, and in need of a good cleaning.

I’m mildly surprised that nobody has commented that the front landing gear appears to be quite dirty, and in need of a good cleaning.

with the sunset, you’re looking at the landing gear?

The most observant of them; an engineer of course,
was the only one that noticed that Godiva rode a horse

Well, I reviewed the whole image in careful detail, and while I did notice the sunset, for some reason my eyes went to the grimy landing gear. I can't explain it, except that I guess I am a confirmed pilot (and engineer), with attention to detail on my mind at all times.

Interesting article. The amygdala is an amazing artifact of biology -- but not quite sure how it relates to the beautifully polished spinner in the image?? Nevertheless, I'm open to exploring ideas and trying to see the subject of the image from different points of view, all in the interest of aviation, of course...

Interesting article. The amygdala is an amazing artifact of biology -- but not quite sure how it relates to the beautifully polished spinner in the image?? Nevertheless, I'm open to exploring ideas and trying to see the subject of the image from different points of view, all in the interest of aviation, of course...

Women are attracted to pilots because there’s always the potential of dying in a fiery crash? The trick is to not be in the plane with them when that happens.

But I think the point was, if you have a close call with her in the plane and you manage to get down safely, that puts her “in the mood”. I would dispute that theory.

Back in my single days, taking a nice cutie on a fast motorcycle ride usually resulted in hookage after the ride. Fast forward 25 years, and taking my wife for a fast ride results in helmet slaps up side the head and punches in the ribs. Percentage chance of hookage? 0.0% :fingerwag:

Back in my single days, taking a nice cutie on a fast motorcycle ride usually resulted in hookage after the ride. Fast forward 25 years, and taking my wife for a fast ride results in helmet slaps up side the head and punches in the ribs. Percentage chance of hookage? 0.0% :fingerwag:

Hahaha! Funny how that works. With us I guess I went from “cutie” mode to “wife” mode early. A few days before the wedding he passed three cars on a two lane in a manner less conservative than how I thought he should and I got so mad I demanded he stop the car and let me out. We were on a lonely country road. I ended up fuming by the side of the road for a few minutes while he cajoled me back in the car. The weird thing is he married me anyway.

A few days before the wedding he passed three cars on a two lane in a manner less conservative than how I thought he should

Ha, I remember one ride when we were dating when I passed a line of seven cars on the 1100XX, front wheel lofted the whole time. She thought it was exciting. Now, if I exceed the speed limit by more than 10 or so, I get this strange sharp rib pain!

Oh well, it is what it is. I have the Goldwing for stately two up touring, and my other bike for when I feel the need to tear it up.

Oh snap! Now you’re on to flight protocol number 911. While in nice smooth flight regime, introduce a few modest yoke inputs, diddle with the right control knob, explain that you’re not sure what is happening, then, after a few minutes bring it back to smooth flight. Scares the leopard skin pants off - everytime. And the spinner gets a nice kiss - planted right on the tip. Now, we should probably get back to careful analysis of the image leading to these revelations.

Last edited:
...if you have a close call...that puts her “in the mood”. I would dispute that theory.
I recently came across this theory but I don't remember where. Hopefully it wasn't here on PofA. There apparently is an evolutionary theory explaining this phenomena. Thousands of years ago after, say, a saber tooth tiger attack, so the theory goes, sex was a way for communities of humans to bond, strengthening ties, putting the group in a better position to cooperate when fending off the next attack.

Last edited:
I recently came across this theory but I don't remember where. Hopefully it wasn't here on PofA. There apparently is an evolutionary theory explaining this phenomena. Thousands of years ago after, say, a saber sooth tiger attack, so the theory goes, sex was a way for communities of humans to bond, strengthening ties, putting the group in a better position to cooperate when fending off the next attack.

Saber tooth tigers would still be around if only they'd learned to hunt in pairs, the first making the bluff attack, the second easily dispatching two humans soon thereafter when they were, uh, 'strengthening ties'.

Interesting article. Explains why Hawkeye and Hot Lips go for each other passionately while bombs are going off around them in enemy territory, when normally they hate each other.
It was Hawkeye and Dish. Frank and Hot Lips. Oh yeah, Duke and Hot Lips was doin it to after Frank was gone.

It was Hawkeye and Dish. Frank and Hot Lips. Oh yeah, Duke and Hot Lips was doin it to after Frank was gone.
Nope. Frank and Hot Lips hooked up routinely. However there was one episode where Hawkeye and Hot Lips were away from camp together and came under attack. That is when the "magic" happened. At least that is what I recall.

Nope. Frank and Hot Lips hooked up routinely. However there was one episode where Hawkeye and Hot Lips were away from camp together and came under attack. That is when the "magic" happened. At least that is what I recall.
I was talkin the movie. Don’t remember that. Maybe the TV series?

which would pretty much be what you would get if you took a "nice cutie" on a ride now... actually, you'd be lucky that all your wife does is slap you up side the head and punch you in the ribs...

yep.
As I recall, the unit had to bug out because the front line was shifting too close....but there was one patient that couldn't be moved so the two of them stayed behind. Seems like they were in a cave though, and I don't recall how they came to be there....

I'd hate to know how many times I watched that show. I've probably seen every episode at least more than twice, maybe a lot more.... but it's been a long time since I've seen it.

Hahaha! Funny how that works. With us I guess I went from “cutie” mode to “wife” mode early. A few days before the wedding he passed three cars on a two lane in a manner less conservative than how I thought he should and I got so mad I demanded he stop the car and let me out. We were on a lonely country road. I ended up fuming by the side of the road for a few minutes while he cajoled me back in the car. The weird thing is he married me anyway.

I think a lot of people go through life mostly as an observer. Floating though. Other people recognize that they have a lot of power in making choices and influencing those around them. Engineers and pilots tend to be in that second group. And some people like the person that they're with to just follow along, while others prefer more of a partner. So I don't think it's so weird.

That's not so weird. Good sex makes up for a lot of things. At least at first.

I think a lot of people go through life mostly as an observer. Floating though. Other people recognize that they have a lot of power in making choices and influencing those around them. Engineers and pilots tend to be in that second group. And some people like the person that they're with to just follow along, while others prefer more of a partner. So I don't think it's so weird.

So what happens when both partners are both engineers and pilots? :D

I'm not generally one for road rage, but I did pass a car one time on the left-hand shoulder of I-35 between OKC and Dallas with the wife (then gf) in the truck. We had been stuck behind a car in the left lane that WOULD NOT pass the car in the right lane for over 10 miles and was driving under the speed limit as well. There was a line in both lanes over 10 cars deep and I still to this day don't know what that guy was doing. However, I decided I'd had enough and passed the car in front of me and the offending left lane strangler by driving on the left shoulder (driver's side tires in the gravel). I'm sure the pea gravel peppered the hell out of the guy holding everyone up, but I was hauling tail by that point. My wife was laughing because she'd never seen me get that aggressive in a car. It didn't seem to cause her much mental anguish. I did see the guy finally move over after I was 1/2 mile down the road still putting distance on that bag of crazy.

yep.
As I recall, the unit had to bug out because the front line was shifting too close....but there was one patient that couldn't be moved so the two of them stayed behind. Seems like they were in a cave though, and I don't recall how they came to be there....

I'd hate to know how many times I watched that show. I've probably seen every episode at least more than twice, maybe a lot more.... but it's been a long time since I've seen it.

Something like that, I can’t remember the details either. I think when they got back to camp they had a big fight.

Back