Debate: 182 vs Super Viking

Mooney Js have plenty of useful load for 3 Adults .

Even the old short body Mooneys do. I doubt a modern day adult would have much interest in riding in the back seat though. The longer body Mooneys on the other hand should be fine.

Delphi as in the 90s dial up thing?!

Not sure about “the 90s dial up thing”, but it’s the “Delphi Airworthy Comanche Forum”. That (and the Comanche Facebook Group) is where Comanche and Twin Comanche owners are most likely to find the best type support.

The Viking has a beautiful harmonious control "feel," that none of the other above airplanes have.
You will NEVER see an airshow being performed by a Mooney or Cessna 182.

M5O3rr.jpg

Because the Mooney and 182 are conventional enough and do their job well enough that they don't need airshow routines to sell them?

Because the Mooney and 182 are conventional enough and do their job well enough that they don't need airshow routines to sell them?

A Mooney, in particular, will never see an airshow. Their controls can only be described as laborious. """arduous, hard, heavy, difficult, strenuous, grueling, punishing, exacting, tough, onerous, burdensome, back-breaking, labor-intensive, trying, challenging;"""

A Mooney, in particular, will never see an airshow. Their controls can only be described as laborious. """arduous, hard, heavy, difficult, strenuous, grueling, punishing, exacting, tough, onerous, burdensome, back-breaking, labor-intensive, trying, challenging;"""

Other than that, would you say they're OK?

Other than that, would you say they're OK?

No. They are also narrow, cramped for headroom, require the pilot to roll over to get out of them (unless you are a yoga midget). And they have a backwards tail. :eek:

But its the only plane I have ever heard of that can land with more fuel in the tanks than you took off with...damned efficient they are.:cool:

Mooney Js have plenty of useful load for 3 Adults .

C'mon, I'm trying to make a case for the SViking here! As was mentioned, the short bodied Moonies are probably a bit less comfortable for the "3rd" adult than the SViking, but still it's picking nits. The SViking does have a better useful load if your passengers are FAA non-standard types.

Back