Dead serious question

OK, guess I misinterpreted your avatar.

You got me there. :rofl:

Notice the eagle is black and white? :D. ;)

So because I have an American flag and an eagle as an avatar you think I'm a member of a racist group?

Last edited:
At work we just use white, black, Asian and Hispanic. We have folks from Haiti, South Africa, Central America, Mexico, Laos, et al and none are offended by the choice of words. For example, both guys named Ben are of similar stature so one is black Ben and the the other is white Ben when we need to make a distinction between the two. People get their panties in a wad when wadding is not necessary.

agreed...wow, something we agree on:lol:.

While we're on the subject of race, again. When I was 11yrs old, my parents bought a house in a section of Newark,NJ that was about 75% white, 25% black. Before then, we lived in an all black neighborhood on the other side of town. Anyway, our house happened to be between two white families. The folks to our right were racist and treated us like crap! Started fights with us, called me the N word (1st time experiencing that), sicked the dog on me:yikes: , jumpped me, etc.

The family to the left of us were just the opposite, they were very kind, neighborly and downright genuinely good people. They had the utmost respect for my parents, helped us with whatever we needed.

They were general contractors who had their own business and they gave my brother and I various jobs so that we could earn a few bucks and learn a skill at the same time.

So as much as I hated the negative experiences from the *******s to the right of us, I had to except the fact that not all white people were like that. Little did I realize it at the time but I was learning a valuable lesson in life. Respect and treat people like you would like to be treated and never look at a person's color and automatically assume good or bad.

All neighborhoods have jerks. My neighborhood was all white, but Sweds, Pols, Germans, Russians, we all had prejudices against each other. We sold vegetables in the summer from our 3 acres of gardens and we were considered the "poor kids" because we worked in the gardens in the summer. I was called all kinds of names, didn't bother me either. :dunno: Just don't call me "late for dinner"!;)

Life hands us all different experiences. It's what you do with them and how you perceive them that sometimes squews reality.

Your prejudices and my prejudices are different, but they are there. Ask young kids today about race, it is much less of a factor than the way you and I were raised.

So because I have an American flag and an eagle as an avatar you think I'm a member of a racist group?
You identify with a group (the country) don't you? The country has a past which included institutional racism. I identify with this country too and I have no problem admitting it.

agreed...wow, something we agree on:lol:.

While we're on the subject of race, again. When I was 11yrs old, my parents bought a house in a section of Newark,NJ that was about 75% white, 25% black. Before then, we lived in an all black neighborhood on the other side of town. Anyway, our house happened to be between two white families. The folks to our right were racist and treated us like crap! Started fights with us, called me the N word (1st time experiencing that), sicked the dog on me:yikes: , jumpped me, etc.

The family to the left of us were just the opposite, they were very kind, neighborly and downright genuinely good people. They had the utmost respect for my parents, helped us with whatever we needed.

They were general contractors who had their own business and they gave my brother and I various jobs so that we could earn a few bucks and learn a skill at the same time.

So as much as I hated the negative experiences from the *******s to the right of us, I had to except the fact that not all white people were like that. Little did I realize it at the time but I was learning a valuable lesson in life. Respect and treat people like you would like to be treated and never look at a person's color and automatically assume good or bad.

There is only one human truth, 80% of humanity is stupid; any other distinction is irrelevant to what type of person they are. The funniest thing is often people's prejudice blinds them to the wrong being done them by 'their own'.

You got me there. :rofl:

Notice the eagle is black and white? :D. ;)

Racism isn't required. Any type of exclusivity is really enough to trigger the same reaction.

At work we just use white, black, Asian and Hispanic. We have folks from Haiti, South Africa, Central America, Mexico, Laos, et al and none are offended by the choice of words. For example, both guys named Ben are of similar stature so one is black Ben and the the other is white Ben when we need to make a distinction between the two. People get their panties in a wad when wadding is not necessary.

That's the other side of the coin, a word is only offensive if you take offense. If you remove the reaction, the word loses power. When you take offense at a word, you let them own you.

Last edited:
There is only one human truth, 80% of humanity is stupid; any other distinction is irrelevant to what type of person they are. The funniest thing is often people's prejudice blinds them to the wrong being done them by 'their own'.

80%, dude where do you get these figures from?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

46 years of watchin the world go by and living in it...:rolleyes::lol: There are some who consider that a kind number.
The percentage of people who choose to be stupid on a regular basis is much higher. :D
I've met many otherwise-smart people who cling to some really stupid ideas, and as will Rogers said, "Everybody's ignorant... just in different subjects."
Somebody else once said that "a sign of intelligence is awareness of one's own ignorance." :D

You identify with a group (the country) don't you? The country has a past which included institutional racism. I identify with this country too and I have no problem admitting it.
Admitting what? I identify with the country and I'm proud of the good the country has done. I think it's done a lot more good for the world then harm. Do I identify with or support the bad things we've done? Nope. Not one damn bit. Am I allowed to like the country's good work and not like or identify with the bad? Indeed I am :)

Admitting what?
Admitting that there are parts of this country's past that it shouldn't be proud of. I think you need to acknowledge the bad in addition to being happy about the good... which you seem to have done.

Last edited:
wait a minute, because I would like to be on a level playing field with my white fellow Americans....that's racist thinking? wow!:lol:

Level the playing field, then fine. Get rid of affirmative action, get rid of the ample scholarship opportunities for black students, get rid of all the systems that are in place to give more loan & grant money to black students.

The most unfairly dis-advantaged college students these days is the white male. Make the playing field level for everything.

Last edited:
Level the playing field, then fine. Get rid of affirmative action, get rid of the ample scholarship opportunities for black students, get rid of all the systems that are in place to give more loan & grant money to black students.

The most unfairly advantaged college students these days is the white male. Make the playing field level for everything.

+1.....:popcorn:

The most unfairly advantaged college students these days is the white male. Make the playing field level for everything.

let's see, how many years of racism, injustice and lack of opportunities have blacks endured that put them in the position of needing the very things you listed? Getting rid of programs to help the disadvantaged is not leveling the playing field when the scales are so lopsided to begin with! If anything, more needs to be done. How is the white male unfairly advantaged in anything in this country??? What reality do you live in?

The more I think about your statement, the funnier it is.:lol:
"unfairly advantaged white male" :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I wonder do you actually know how you sound:dunno:

Last edited:
I don't mind the programs and I'm not ecstatic about big government's behavior for all of my lifespan so far.

They're at least focused on making individuals better people, instead of wasteful chronyist spending to make a wealthy family wealthier.

And as my family always taught...

"There's always somebody with a better deal than you in life. And a lot more with worse."

I make hay with what I can. Even those wealthy families I grouse about think they're just doing the same thing when they schmooze the Senators at their dinner parties. Just a different level.

I can start whining when I've truly used up all the missed opportunities that have flown right by without me grabbing on.

The vortex of life spins. You either speed up by running and grab on, or stand there confused and dazed.

Maybe you get spun right off and land in a heap and have to do it all over again. Maybe you hang on for the ride of your life.

Fear holds more people back from their dreams than any other emotion. Me included.

African American is sometimes very inaccurate as used in this context. I am acquainted with a real African American who is 100% white. He is a South African immigrant whose ancestors came from Europe.

African American is sometimes very inaccurate as used in this context. I am acquainted with a real African American who is 100% white. He is a South African immigrant whose ancestors came from Europe.

Likewise I have a friend who immigrated to South Africa fifteen years ago.

He's an American African.

It all depends on several things;

1: Your upbringing

2: who you are with

3: How much you've had to drink.

Glad I could be of help.

-John

You know what, if you want equality, but only when equality benefits the black people, we could just buy you tickets back to where your ancestors came from?

First, you want equality, but then you want the scales lopsided more in black benefit? Which is it? College and need should be totally intellect and need based, race totally ignored.

tickets back to where my ancestors came from? unbelievable! are those tickets on the same slave ships or are we talking modern glass cockpit models:rofl:.

tickets back to where my ancestors came from? unbelievable! are those tickets on the same slave ships or are we talking modern glass cockpit models:rofl:.

Look, you want equality, I'm all for equality. What blacks/African Americas call equality isn't anything near it, its "equality so that black people can live off the government teat, paid for by white people"

I wonder do you actually know how you sound:dunno: What reality do you live in?

No, well yes, but he denies it. He lives in his own reality as do we all. We all have our requirement for self pity so we can rationalize the contempt we feel for others.

I don't mind the programs and I'm not ecstatic about big government's behavior for all of my lifespan so far.

They're at least focused on making individuals better people, instead of wasteful chronyist spending to make a wealthy family wealthier.

Did you mean to put that in the sarcasm font? Ok, not one family, a couple dozen and a couple thousand leeches under them; we're over 330 million IIRC.

The programs that exist don't cost them anything of consequence and serve as a distraction in their ineffectiveness. It's like Oz, smoke and mirrors supported in fantasy.

There is one huge reality that nobody seems to want to talk about, it's called civil unrest.

We brought them over as slaves, and as a salable commodity, not as equal men.

We gave them their so called liberty through warfare with our fellow citizens.

We told them they were equals as long as they minded their place.

We gave them second rate schools.

We wrote laws that were specifically aimed at filling our chain gangs in order to maintain our infrastructure at a low cost. (If you ever lived in the deep south in the 50s and 60s, you know exactly what I am talking about.)

We jammed them in ghettos for cheap labor in our factories.

There is a whole lot more, but you get the point.

We do have an obligation to get this race of citizens, along with Native Americans, to an equal standard of living of at least the average white citizen.

Finding ways of accomplishing this has not been easy, nor cheap, and we still have a long way to go.

The expense of this might possibly be justified by all the low cost labor that was provided in order to get our country where it is today.

A lot of the steps we have taken in this so called quest for equality have left a lot of us white citizens feeling that they are getting screwed by the inequalities that have obviously been imposed upon us, such as affirmative action and a bunch of others.

Unless we continue on the path we started, even though progress seems incredibly slow, we can expect serious consequences through civil unrest in our children's futures.

We may not like all these so called handouts, but for our own survival, it's got to be done. There, that's my two cents.

-John

Last edited:
Here's the funny thing, we are becoming more equal every day. Whitey is already living in Section 8 housing. Look around the south!!! Whitey every bit as broke azz as black neighbor lol. What you're all missing is that we are all being sold lock stock and barrel to build the Chinese economy into a consumer powerhouse as well. We've been doing it since the 70s, that's what the Cold War was about, access to markets.

I just want my government handouts and free tickets back to where my ancestors came from and I'm all good to go

right KSCessnaDriver? :rolleyes2:

Last edited:
I just want my government handouts and free tickets back to where my ancestors came from and I'm all good to go

Well, there's always those "forty acres and a mule" if you want to stay here. ;):)

You want equality but you don't know what the definition of equality is. And there lies the problem.

Well, there's always those "forty acres and a mule" if you want to stay here. ;):)

good point!
The reality of it is this,... after the blood, sweat, free labor and lives that my ancestor's shed for 400yrs to build this country, it's a real insult to be told to go "back to where they came from" just because we disagree on matters of race, justice and equality in America!

Their sacrifices has earned me a permanent right to this land as much as anyone else! How about we get you a ticket back to where your ancestors came from!

KSCessnaDriver and those that feel as you do.... Please think before making idiotic statements like that in the future:idea:

Their sacrifices has earned me a permanent right to this land as much as anyone else! How about we get you a ticket back to where your ancestors came from!
The irony is that we would all end up in the same general place!

There is one huge reality that nobody seems to want to talk about, it's called civil unrest.

We brought them over as slaves, and as a salable commodity, not as equal men.

We gave them their so called liberty through warfare with our fellow citizens.

We told them they were equals as long as they minded their place.

We gave them second rate schools.

We wrote laws that were specifically aimed at filling our chain gangs in order to maintain our infrastructure at a low cost. (If you ever lived in the deep south in the 50s and 60s, you know exactly what I am talking about.)

We jammed them in ghettos for cheap labor in our factories.

There is a whole lot more, but you get the point.

We do have an obligation to get this race of citizens, along with Native Americans, to an equal standard of living of at least the average white citizen.

Finding ways of accomplishing this has not been easy, nor cheap, and we still have a long way to go.

The expense of this might possibly be justified by all the low cost labor that was provided in order to get our country where it is today.

A lot of the steps we have taken in this so called quest for equality have left a lot of us white citizens feeling that they are getting screwed by the inequalities that have obviously been imposed upon us, such as affirmative action and a bunch of others.

Unless we continue on the path we started, even though progress seems incredibly slow, we can expect serious consequences through civil unrest in our children's futures.

We may not like all these so called handouts, but for our own survival, it's got to be done. There, that's my two cents.

-John
What do you mean we? I had nothing to do with it. :no:

good point!
The reality of it is this,... after the blood, sweat, free labor and lives that my ancestor's shed for 400yrs to build this country, it's a real insult to be told to go "back to where they came from" just because we disagree on matters of race, justice and equality in America!

KSCessnaDriver and those that feel as you do.... Please think before making idiotic statements like that in the future:idea:

Wait, it wasn't 'free' labor. Slaves were an expensive asset to initially acquire, and then there is the feeding and keeping them healthy and strong to work. Granted, no pay, but not free. Nor were all slaves mistreated beyond the basic fact of bondage. It wasn't like they had a prince's life that they left behind either. They were all already vanquished in Africa, that's how they became slaves, so there is a degree of blame to put with Africans as well for the initial waves of traded slaves.

So..... we're driving home and he asks me "What do you call them?"

Most mornings I call her sweetie or Mattie, unless she's in a bad mood.
Then I call her a pain in the a--.
She usually calls me George, unless she wants something. Then
it becomes Honey. ...except when I go out of my way to push
her buttons. Then she calls me all kinds of things. :D:D:D
After 21 years together, our friends don't even notice the
color difference....and neither do I. :cheers:

P.S. I hear her calling me Honey and asking me to go get
her an ice cream sundae. Gotta go!:rofl:

Back