Dead serious question

Character is the only factor that really matters. The sad thing is the vast majority of people are good people, peacefull with anyone regardless their appearance. Problem is that just like any delineation of mankind, 80% of them are stupid and easily manipulated. Of the 20% that aren't stupid, the vast majority of those are peacefully as well, have no desire of power and would just as soon set up the world to take care of everybody to the standard they want to live at because they realize that it will bring greater prosperity than it costs. Then you have the minority of the 80% who are selfish, greedy and power hungry. They are your criminal class the left end of the Bell Curve, they are what we are sold to fear, rightfully so, these people are not only evil, they are stupid and evil, exactly what we have prisons for. On the other end of the bell curve we have their selfish, greedy, and power hungry Dopplegangers, only these guys are smart. They don't use violence directly, they use manipulation of the stupid to get their way. They are still evil and still criminals, but they are smart, they are why we should keep the death penalty because IMO, their crimes are crimes against humanity, and the economy is the greatest weapon of mass destruction there is.

I would bet if clothes hadn't been invented, we'd find most of them have small penises.

Last edited:
I think you mean Santorum.

Interesting. I saw a headline and hadn't watched the video.

Now that I do, I see that someone is making hay by putting Romney's name on the headline and linking to the Santorum video.

You gotta love the Internet.

Never had much trouble using the "African American" appellation. If all I'm describing are skin tones or craniofacial features than another descriptive might be more accurate. But the African American population in America has a distinct cultural identity that has been influenced by their African roots, and rightly so.

Interesting. I saw a headline and hadn't watched the video.

Now that I do, I see that someone is making hay by putting Romney's name on the headline and linking to the Santorum video.

You gotta love the Internet.

WOW! I wish Dave Chappelle still had a show!

I describe black people black and white people as white. One of my flying buddies calls me, "the short asian chick," which leaves no room for doubt when you are trying to pick me out of a bunch of pilots. :dunno:

I describe black people black and white people as white. One of my flying buddies calls me, "the short asian chick," which leaves no room for doubt when you are trying to pick me out of a bunch of pilots. :dunno:

You're Asian? Dang. Someone should have told me. ;) (Joking since I've met Mari.)

The fear is not the riot fear, the fear is from the every day continuous bombardment of media hysteria over the few instances that do happen. Racism is carefully nurtured by the media. It is an easy fear and weakness to prey upon.

You know what, you really hit the nail on the head here!
The more I read about what happened in Tulsa in 1921, the more it becomes clear that the media fans the flames of hype to stir up hatred and trouble!!! Absolutely incredable! It's unfortunate that the 80% stupid that you mentioned will fall victim to the same evil forces in the future if the lessons of history are not learned:mad2:

check this out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenwood,_Tulsa,_Oklahoma
The riot began because of the alleged assault of a white elevator operator, 17-year old Sarah Page, by an African American shoeshiner, 19-year old Dick Rowland (Mr. Rowland was eventually exonerated). The Tulsa Tribune got word of the incident and chose to publish the story in the paper on May 31, 1921. Shortly after the newspaper article surfaced, there was news that a white lynch mob was going to take matters into its own hands and kill Dick Rowland.[7]

Media is about advertising revenue, the media feeds what those who pay the revenue desire. Notice how 'character' is only an issue to sell against politicians since they are the scapegoats that industry buys to deflect the character issue from them while they get the poor character issues into action. Race and other social issues are continuously harped upon in the media to add extra distraction and give the stupid someone else to blame for their woes while those who carry the real power that dictate the propaganda issues continue to hoard whatever it is they desire (money and power) with no regard for social fallout. We blame politicians, but it's industry that ons all of them. The distraction works so well on the stupid because we also perpetuate the myth that anyone in America can be a Captain of Industry or President if they work hard enough. This is completely untrue because it leaves out a critical factor, you have to be smart and an evil git to get there, and most people don't have it in them, only about 5% of the population is both smart and evil enough to get there, and there is only a fraction of a percent of people who are smart and benevolent with the desire to bother to change the system, and they tend to be eaten alive by the evil gits.

As long as we have democratic elections, we will have this result. The only (partial) solution to this is to make a new code of law that covers elected officials, a Code of Public Trust that institutes both corporal punishment (caning ala Singapore) or execution (ala China) for corruption and violations of public trust.

As unfortunate as this incident is, are young black kids being slaughtered by stupid white or hispanic at such rates as to justify that? Seriously, provide some numeric data.

I looked for numbers and couldn't find anything, but here's my story. I was about 10 or 11 and went out for a bike ride with a friend of mine when a Cadillac came backing out of a driveway and almost hit us. The driver got out and started dropping N bombs. Before we knew it a gun was drawn and he was shooting at us. We took off and both got home safely. I told my mom and she called the cops. They found the man who was intoxicated in his car with a gun looking for 2 kids. They took him home. There have been other instances where I had to protect myself, but what can I say? It was all part of the joys of growing up in an ethnically diverse area.

I looked for numbers and couldn't find anything, but here's my story. I was about 10 or 11 and went out for a bike ride with a friend of mine when a Cadillac came backing out of a driveway and almost hit us. The driver got out and started dropping N bombs. Before we knew it a gun was drawn and he was shooting at us. We took off and both got home safely. I told my mom and she called the cops. They found the man who was intoxicated in his car with a gun looking for 2 kids. They took him home. There have been other instances where I had to protect myself, but what can I say? It was all part of the joys of growing up in an ethnically diverse area.

Wow! man, now I know meaning of your screen name:lol::rofl:

Media is about advertising revenue, the media feeds what those who pay the revenue desire. Notice how 'character' is only an issue to sell against politicians since they are the scapegoats that industry buys to deflect the character issue from them while they get the poor character issues into action. Race and other social issues are continuously harped upon in the media to add extra distraction and give the stupid someone else to blame for their woes while those who carry the real power that dictate the propaganda issues continue to hoard whatever it is they desire (money and power) with no regard for social fallout. We blame politicians, but it's industry that ons all of them.

This reminds me of the Twilight Zone episode where strange things started to happen in that small town. The residents all started blaming each other and next thing you know, they were all out for blood. At the end the camera zooms out and you see the town in complete chaos and 2 alien heads appear and you realize they were controlling the whole thing all along. One alien says to the other "Our work here is done we'll go to the next town, and the next, and the next"

As long as we have democratic elections, we will have this result. The only (partial) solution to this is to make a new code of law that covers elected officials, a Code of Public Trust that institutes both corporal punishment (caning ala Singapore) or execution (ala China) for corruption and violations of public trust.
Thats a good idea, but they'll never pass it. lol

Last edited:
Never had much trouble using the "African American" appellation. If all I'm describing are skin tones or craniofacial features than another descriptive might be more accurate. But the African American population in America has a distinct cultural identity that has been influenced by their African roots, and rightly so.

But what do you call the black people that live in the UK or France, or Canada? They'd be ****ed off if called African American, because they wouldn't want to be thought of as being American! :yikes:

Worse yet is the newscasters that I hear refer to them as African Americans. Really? WTF is American about them at all? Nothing! They may have never even been here, how the crap are they Anything-American?

I tend to talk to people as people, well as not-quite-as-smart-as-me-people, but people none the less. If it gets to the point in conversation to where I *need* to reference them (or their family or whatever) by ethnic heritage, I just ask them, "What do you prefer to be called?" In my experience all of the black people I've asked that question of, answer with "black." So that's what I'm going with.

Wow. Interesting thread. I grew up in San Francisco where I was the minority (most of my school mates were Chinese, Japanese, Filipino, Korean, Vietnamese, etc.)

They refused to call me "white". They said "you're not white, you're Kim."

That was the cutest thing when we were so young.... they considered me one of them. They even shared the seaweed on the playground.

Of course, in SF (and Oakland, which is nearby) there are lots of other races. Just a few weekends ago, I walked with two people in downtown Oakland. We left a Sushi bar to go search for food. One of us suggested a place with a long wait, for a weeknight. They served slabs of ribs, collard greens, and corn bread. I won't say we were the ONLY white people in there, but it was close. Our waitress was just a nice to us as everyone else.

I am lucky to live where I do, where I personally rarely encounter issues with race.

Thats a good idea, but they'll never pass it. lol

That sentence right there explains why we will never have a decent world to live in.

You have abdicated your world to "them" and have resigned to accept what "they" will give you. You've lost all sight of the fact that "they" are us. The US Constitution was written as it was so it would be that way, but all their effort was for nothing. By the Civil War, industry had created an oligarchy and we already had our "Ruling Class". The founding fathers made the same mistake as Karl Marx, they didn't factor in human stupidity, apathy and laziness along with the inherent evil of their rulers.

Last edited:
One of my things I do in a big city is see how many languages I can recognize. When I hear one I don't know, I ask them. You'd be amazed at how many beers that question has gotten me.

Last edited:
You know what, you really hit the nail on the head here!
The more I read about what happened in Tulsa in 1921, the more it becomes clear that the media fans the flames of hype to stir up hatred and trouble!!! Absolutely incredable! It's unfortunate that the 80% stupid that you mentioned will fall victim to the same evil forces in the future if the lessons of history are not learned:mad2:

I agree that is true for most cases. :yesnod:

I didn't mean to put down your views on the black race or reject them. If that's how you see it then that's how you see it.

I don't feel put down. Not all of what I wrote was about how I, meaning specifically 'me' , see it. I was trying to convey a collective understand of how many whites feel. Just like I don't think that if Sanford burned tonight you would really believe it was a justifiable response " 'cause dem damn crackers had it commin".

I was just giving another perspective ;) and I appreciate your honesty. This is how progress in made.

Same here. I find the brothers on this board all to often stay silent. I understand why after seeing how Red Tail was treated.

Next time you see a picture of an angry looking black thug,

That would be the next time I go to the store. ;):lol:

ask yourself has this man never smiled or laughed at something? Maybe that'll take the edge off as long as you don't start believing that he smiled the last time he saw a dead white man.

Touche' :D

Fear is a block and fear is what were fed. We do need honesty an communication. It's the only way the fear will be broken down.

Honesty hurts because usually there is shared blame and shared pain. Thanks for sharing. Really, it was a great discussion.

Last edited:
One of my things I do in a big city is see how many languages I can recognize. When I hear one I don't know, I ask them. You'd be amazed at how many beers that question has gotten me.

Where?? That never worked for me. Maybe its my approach. :)

Black fashion culture has not helped. "Gansta" is BIG dude. Everybody seems to want to dress like a prison prostitute and drive a pimp car. Hoodies are the uniform of thieves and muggers. Are we to think that that embracing "thug life" as a fashion statement will create warm-fuzzy feelings?

this is an amazing statement! this mindset is why an innocent 17yr old kid is dead. Since when did waring a hoodie make you a criminal? hell I'm 46yrs old and when my bald head gets a little chilly, I pull my hoodie over it. Most blacks I know don't dress like ganstas/prison prostitutes or drive pimp cars!!!:rolleyes2:.

I don't care whether these *******s have warm fuzzy feelings or not, this kid (Trayvon Martin) didn't deserve to be shot in cold blood because of somebody's fear! AND for his murderer to still be roaming around free instead of behind bars, speaks volumes! Can you imaging if the rolls were reversed?

Last edited:
Where?? That never worked for me. Maybe its my approach. :)

My favorite places are Manhattan (I find friendly people there even above 125th, I must be weird:dunno:) SF, Amsterdam, and London.

-Dart,
Same here. I find the brothers on this board all to often stay silent. I understand why after seeing how Red Tail was treated.

Believe it or not, all throughout my young life in school and when I got out into the work world, I was called "the silent one" NO JOKE!

BUT, the older I get and the more I live and experience, the more vocal I get. Very hard for me to sit back and keep quiet when it comes to stupidity, racism, injustice, police brutality, black on black crime, workplace injustice, etc. I'm really a very peaceful person and everyone that knows me personally will tell you that....both whites and blacks. I've raised my 4 children and 2 nephews. None of them have ever been in trouble or lived a thug life!

Last edited:
this is an amazing statement! this mindset is why an innocent 17yr old kid is dead. Since when did waring a hoodie make you a criminal? hell I'm 46yrs old and when my bald head gets a little chilly, I pull my hoodie over it. Most blacks I know don't dress like ganstas or drive pimp cars!!!:rolleyes2:.

I miss my Corona hoodie, it shrunk too much to wear ;).

When I was a young punk, I dressed like a young punk, I hung around with punks, and I consider myself lucky to have survived it. I wasn't a "bad kid" and I never hurt anyone but I attracted my share of curious police activity....YMMV. As my momma, and probably yours, used to say; You are judged by the clothes you wear and the company you keep".

Very few criminals on "Cops" are wearing button-down Oxfords.

I don't care whether these *******s have warm fuzzy feelings or not, this kid didn't deserve to be shot in cold blood because of somebody's fear!

And you know what? I agree with you!!!

But, listen to you, you've just said "shot in cold blood". Wow. Do you KNOW that FOR A FACT that is how it went down??? "Cold Blood"??? That is a pretty heinous crime (and thereby a pretty serious accusation). Aggravated manslaughter? Well there is little doubt about that having happened. Who is pre-judging now. We ain't so different after all, are we? :nono:

My favorite places are Manhattan (I find friendly people there even above 125th, I must be weird:dunno:) SF, Amsterdam, and London.

PM inbound!! Of course you do! Have you ever been to little Senegal in NYC? The food there is outta sight!

Last edited:
As my momma, and probably yours, used to say; You are judged by the clothes you wear and the company you keep".

but a whole lot of criminals on Wall St. and in Corporate America are! I don't see them being shot for their dress code! Racial bigotry is wrong no matter how you justify it!

this is an amazing statement! this mindset is why an innocent 17yr old kid is dead. Since when did waring a hoodie make you a criminal? hell I'm 46yrs old and when my bald head gets a little chilly, I pull my hoodie over it. Most blacks I know don't dress like ganstas/prison prostitutes or drive pimp cars!!!:rolleyes2:.

I don't care whether these *******s have warm fuzzy feelings or not, this kid (Trayvon Martin) didn't deserve to be shot in cold blood because of somebody's fear! AND for his murderer to still be roaming around free instead of behind bars, speaks volumes! Can you imaging if the rolls were reversed?

Redtail, do you believe that we should all be tried and convicted by the court of popular opinion?

This is an entirely separate topic of discussion in my opinion. You can blame the major news media for sensationalistic, irresponsible journalism for eliminating the possibility of justice being served either way.

Yes I agree some 17 year old kid should not be gunned down in cold blood or simply out of fear. No I don't agree that I know what actually happened. All I hear from the media is a mass of inconsistencies. They are playing both you and I as fools. They WANT to start race riots because the coverage makes them money and helps them sell ads on prime time news.

Huh ?

How he was treated ?

I saw him disagree with one person and the person went a little far, possibly in some people's opinion, to make a point.

If that is all it takes for someone to get all butt hurt about something then they need to take Thick Skin 101, especially when that person has said several things slanted in a way that made what was said just not accurate.

Internet equivalent of I'm taking my ball and going home because the other kids on the playground are mean.

I'd be willing to bet despite their differences, the person he was arguing with would probably be the first one to stand up for them and invite them into their home.

Huh ?

How he was treated ?

I saw him disagree with one person and the person went a little far, possibly in some people's opinion, to make a point.

If that is all it takes for someone to get all butt hurt about something then they need to take Thick Skin 101, especially when that person has said several things slanted in a way that made what was said just not accurate.

Internet equivalent of I'm taking my ball and going home because the other kids on the playground are mean.

I'd be willing to bet despite their differences, the person he was arguing with would probably be the first one to stand up for them and invite them into their home.

you're right and that's the difference between me & them...my skin is thicker! when I speak or type what I feel to be true, I don't really care about the consequences! I enjoy the discussions and knowledge that's on POA but I'm not really here to make friends by kissing ass:no:

They're at the Country Club, buying politicians and getting bail-outs. And they do far more damage to all of us than the punks in hoodies.

Huh ?

How he was treated ?

I can vouch for Redtail. He invited me to his home and my Seneca/Japanese/Dutch woman and I had a wonderful evening with him and his family. I've seen firsthand how generous and welcoming they all are. I hope to see him and his biracial wife again soon. LOL :D. Seriously tho. His family is awesome!

Last edited:
That sentence right there explains why we will never have a decent world to live in.

You have abdicated your world to "them" and have resigned to accept what "they" will give you. You've lost all sight of the fact that "they" are us. The US Constitution was written as it was so it would be that way, but all their effort was for nothing. By the Civil War, industry had created an oligarchy and we already had our "Ruling Class". The founding fathers made the same mistake as Karl Marx, they didn't factor in human stupidity, apathy and laziness along with the inherent evil of their rulers.

That wasn't my point. My point was that if you want something you have to create it for yourself. In doing that, the "ruling class" won't matter anymore.

I can vouch for Redtail. He invited me to his home and my Seneca/Japanese/Dutch woman and I had a wonderful evening with him and his family. I've seen firsthand how generous and welcoming they all are. I hope to see him and his biracial wife again soon. LOL :D. Seriously tho. His family is awesome!

:rofl::rofl::rofl: thanks man, it was a pleasure having you and the lady over! Wifey and family couldn't stop talking about how cool you guys are. They kept asking me where and how did we meet. I said POA:lol:

There you go.

I seriously doubt anyone talking on this thread is rascist or would make racial based decisions.

Continuing to dwell on the past and the negatives, etc, etc which has been almost ad nasuem to this point - is the hurdle we need to clear already.

:wink2:

Redtail, do you believe that we should all be tried and convicted by the court of popular opinion?

This is an entirely separate topic of discussion in my opinion. You can blame the major news media for sensationalistic, irresponsible journalism for eliminating the possibility of justice being served either way.

Yes I agree some 17 year old kid should not be gunned down in cold blood or simply out of fear. No I don't agree that I know what actually happened. All I hear from the media is a mass of inconsistencies. They are playing both you and I as fools. They WANT to start race riots because the coverage makes them money and helps them sell ads on prime time news.

Here ya go, listen to the mindset of this racist bastard as he's talking to the 911 operator! You call this self defense? "the F***in coons always get away"!!! Unbelievable!

http://ywtv.tv/2012/03/20/george-zimmerman-calls-trayvon-martin-a-fing-coon-before-killing-him/

Last edited:
PM inbound!! Of course you do! Have you ever been to little Senegal in NYC? The food there is outta sight!

Sooo much good food in NYC. I don't get up enough to know what all the neighborhood names are. I walk all of Manhattan looking at the architecture and details, when I start to get hungry I wait for a smell that calls to me. I don't care what the place looks like or what neighborhood, I don't care if it's a cart with a Leper tending it, as long as it smells right I'm chowing. This method never fails me. For lunch though, I'll usually wander Hell's Kitchen because you just can't beat the deals. I can get a magnificent steak lunch for less than a pack of smokes.

Here ya go, listen to the mindset of this racist bastard as he's talking to the 911 operator! You call this self defense? "the F***in coons always get away"!!! Unbelievable!

http://ywtv.tv/2012/03/20/george-zimmerman-calls-trayvon-martin-a-fing-coon-before-killing-him/

Nononono you may be exactly right Redtail, I'm just saying we don't have all the facts, and even MSNBC altered the 911 clips. I just worry about the slippery slope of putting aside due process. It can work both ways.

LOL, I just thought of a memory that hadn't come through my mind in a long time. It kinda cool how our minds automatically file away the surreal bad crap as aberrational, a dream not to be used in forming opinion. I'd guess there's probably a few of you will answer up. How many of you have ever been called 'ni--er lover'? I was walking down the street with Larry in some tiny burg town in NC and this dude yells that at me..? WTF are you supposed to do with that? I just laughed, I couldn't believe it, it was the late 80s not 50s.

Last edited:

No, you are freaking unbelievable. You talk about wanting equality. You talk about wanting what the constitution gives you. But then you want to take it away from a white guy?

Get off your freaking high horse. The guy will have his day in court. Until then, I have nothing other than to presume his is innocent.

This isn't really racism, this is wanna be cop bigotry. He would just as easily switch to a different epithet should the situation have warranted. It's just this is his neighborhood, he's a scared little man with severe ego issues and that is his current target enemy. Occam's razor states that the simplest solution will be the correct one. You are reading conditions into a situation that are not required for that situation to exist. This is counter productive as it blinds us to the greater truth.

No, you are freaking unbelievable. You talk about wanting equality. You talk about wanting what the constitution gives you. But then you want to take it away from a white guy?

Get off your freaking high horse. The guy will have his day in court. Until then, I have nothing other than to presume his is innocent.

I know one fact, he was told by the 911 operator NOT to follow him! By his own words he said this guy is getting away! Did he not say the kid was running? This freakin racist rent a cop was hell bent on keeping this "coon" from getting away! Had he not followed him, a physical altercation probably would have never taken place! He hunted down an unarmed black kid because of the way he ****ing looked!

AND You want me to get off my high horse? I don't think so, not until you get me my ticket back to where my ancestors came from!

Back