Dead serious question

You know what, if you want equality, but only when equality benefits the black people, we could just buy you tickets back to where your ancestors came from?

First, you want equality, but then you want the scales lopsided more in black benefit? Which is it? College and need should be totally intellect and need based, race totally ignored.

And here you have it. :redface:

"Send them back to Africa" because some Americans strive for equality?

Never mind Red Tail, you are right. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If you consider the Mexican and C/Am illegal migrant labor community, people actually pay a lot of money and go through great risk to get here to do the same jobs under the same conditions (they barely do better than subsistence and are tied to and at the mercy of a boss who has nothing invested in them and has a good supply) that the slaves from Africa faced back then. Consider what that says about the decline of the human condition with the expansion of population.:nonod:

And here you have it. :redface:

"Send them back to Africa" because some Americans strive for equality?

Never mind Red Tail, you are right. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sarcasm detecting is not a strong suit of yours. If you really think I'm for sending people back to Africa or wherever they may have been from, you are dead wrong.

But still, I've yet to see how he thinks equal means, equal when blacks get more than whites. I mean, there weren't tons of whites that were treated as 2nd class when they came here either?

Sarcasm detecting is not a strong suit of yours. If you really think I'm for sending people back to Africa or wherever they may have been from, you are dead wrong.

But still, I've yet to see how he thinks equal means, equal when blacks get more than whites. I mean, there weren't tons of whites that were treated as 2nd class when they came here either?

Even using the term "send them back to Africa" is offensive, sarcasm aside.;)

The man is defending his position and many have been debating Red Tail on his. To throw that statement into the mix is less than useful. IMHO.

See how white guys always get along Red Tail? :rofl:

Last edited:
Even using the term "send them back to Africa" is offensive, sarcasm aside.;)

The man is defending his position and many have been debating Red Tail on his. To throw that statement into the mix is less than useful. IMHO.

See how white guys always get along Red Tail? :rofl:

The problem with this whole issue is this. The black people of today feel that the white people of today owe them something. Something owed to them because of what happened to their ancestors by the white ancestors. Explain to me why I should be responsible for something I had nothing to do with?

I'm all for equality. What they want is well beyond equality.

good point!
The reality of it is this,... after the blood, sweat, free labor and lives that my ancestor's shed for 400yrs to build this country, it's a real insult to be told to go "back to where they came from" just because we disagree on matters of race, justice and equality in America!

Their sacrifices has earned me a permanent right to this land as much as anyone else! How about we get you a ticket back to where your ancestors came from!

KSCessnaDriver and those that feel as you do.... Please think before making idiotic statements like that in the future:idea:

I'm sorry but were your ancestors Portuguese, or Irish, or Chinese ?

We, as in the country collectively, did it. That's what I was getting at with my other post.

I understand your point, but too much is made of the "negatives" and certainly not enough of the positives. Have you noticed the fences we put up to keep people out?

If this country is as bad as you think it is maybe we should buy you a ticket home? :rofl:

( The following statement was a feeble attempt at humor based on other posts in this thread. Any resemblance towards racist thinking is merely a coincidence. :rofl:)

Last edited:
The problem with this whole issue is this. The black people of today feel that the white people of today owe them something. Something owed to them because of what happened to their ancestors by the white ancestors. Explain to me why I should be responsible for something I had nothing to do with?

Some blacks do, some blacks don't. Whites now have the feeling of entitlement also. That is what this election is all about.

I understand your point, but too much is made of the "negatives" and certainly not enough of the positives. Have you noticed the fences we put up to keep people out?
I seem to hear quite a bit about the positives too but everyone right now is in a complaining mood.

If this country is as bad as you think it is maybe we should buy you a ticket home? :rofl:
You're going to send me back to New Jersey!! :yikes:

The term "equality" has been mentioned on several occasions in this thread. While an admirable thought, it is literally an impossibility as there will always be winners and losers due to any number of circumstances.

The term "equality" has been mentioned on several occasions in this thread. While an admirable thought, it is literally an impossibility as there will always be winners and losers due to any number of circumstances.

Exactly, the only thing you can do is make the game fair, but that has nothing to do with what we're talking about here.

I agree! To blame one group over another for the lack of equality is a waste of time and effort. It is up to the individual to create his or hers own opportunities. If one door is closed for what ever reason, you have to find another one to open. :yesnod:

Last edited:
Call a Jamaican or someone else from the caribbean Black, or African American, they get a little ****ed. Now I have a problem with all the editing on TV for the N word, but yet the term 'White Boy" can be used on TV. I find that a racial slur, usually used in dergoatory manner to refer to a white person.

Nowhere in any of my post did I say, white people of today owe me something! But let's be real, white people of today are the beneficiaries of the wealth gained by your ancestors from the labor of their slaves that built this country! And don't tell me that slaves didn't build America! Why else were millions brought over here? Should you be personally held responsible for what was done by your forefathers? Of course not. Should you bury your head in the sand and act as if things are equal and just in present day America? Of course not:nono:

Nowhere in any of my post did I say, white people of today owe me something! But let's be real, white people of today are the beneficiaries of the wealth gained by your ancestors from the labor of their slaves that built this country! And don't tell me that slaves didn't build America! Why else were millions brought over here? Should you be personally held responsible for what was done by your forefathers? Of course not. Should you bury your head in the sand and act as if things are equal and just in present day America? Of course not:nono:

You talk about wanting equality, but then want things given to you beyond what a white person would get. Heck, if you want to be a professional pilot, you getting hired is a much easier route than the route I face.

Which is it, equality or black power?

Man. If there is some wealth available to me from my ancestors because of their slave usage I'd sure the hell like to know about it. I can assure you there is no wealth available to me via my family now nor will there ever be.

I earned everything I have right now and started with absolutely nothing. I do not have a single asset that I haven't earned and paid for. I started life as a 16 year old high school dropout with no money and have busted my ass to earn what I have.

I expect no one to give me anything and I don't think a single person nor the government owes me a damn thing. I wish I could say the rest of the country had this mindset but there are too many that spend their time thinking people owe them instead of earning -- white and black alike.

I do not think a black person should be given an advantage in anything - nor do I think a white person or any person. People need to earn what they have and spend their time working instead of whining. Giving any race preference over another is ridiculous and amplifies the problem. So yes if it were up to me I'd terminate any program or regulation that provided an advantage for a race. I don't care what race, color, or sex. It'd all by terminated.

Last edited:
This is pretty easy, what do you call, tall people, short people, overweight people, bald people, loud people, it goes on and on.

Nowhere in any of my post did I say, white people of today owe me something! But let's be real, white people of today are the beneficiaries of the wealth gained by your ancestors from the labor of their slaves that built this country!

How can you say you I benifited from slavery when my family did not even come to this country until 1868?

Don't you see the folly of your argument lumping all whites into the same category? What wealth did I get from slavery? It is the same as KC Cessna saying all blacks want hand outs. Its bigoted and racist.

No one in my family owned slaves. My people came here to become machinists, cowboys, cooks, sod busters, farmers, and carpenters. My daughter was the first person in my family to go to college and finish.

Last edited:
You talk about wanting equality, but then want things given to you beyond what a white person would get. Heck, if you want to be a professional pilot, you getting hired is a much easier route than the route I face.

I don't want anything given to me but that ticket you promised back to where my ancestors came from!:rofl:

Seriously, you're the one that talked about cutting out the programs that were setup by the government to assist the underprivileged blacks in getting jobs and education. I ask you, if things were equal why would the government setup such programs in the first place? Obviously, the playing field was not and is not level!

I don't want anything given to me but that ticket you promised back to where my ancestors came from!:rofl:

Seriously, you're the one that talked about cutting out the programs that were setup by the government to assist the underprivileged blacks in getting jobs and education. I ask you, if things were equal why would the government setup such programs in the first place? Obviously, the playing field was not and is not level!

The field isn't level. Prospective black college students have more opportunity for free money, more loans and easier admission standards than white students.

All programs that give out assistance based on race, sex, sexual orientation or anything of that nature shouldn't be done. You want equality, that's equality. But guess what, life isn't fair.

Man. If there is some wealth available to me from my ancestors because of their slave usage I'd sure the hell like to know about it. I can assure you there is no wealth available to me via my family now nor will there ever be.

I earned everything I have right now and started with absolutely nothing. I do not have a single asset that I haven't earned and paid for. I started life as a 16 year old high school dropout with no money and have busted my ass to earn what I have.

I expect no one to give me anything and I don't think a single person nor the government owes me a damn thing. I wish I could say the rest of the country had this mindset but there are too many that spend their time thinking people owe them instead of earning -- white and black alike.

I do not think a black person should be given an advantage in anything - nor do I think a white person or any person. People need to earn what they have and spend their time working instead of whining. Giving any race preference over another is ridiculous and amplifies the problem. So yes if it were up to me I'd terminate any program or regulation that provided an advantage for a race. I don't care what race, color, or sex. It'd all by terminated.

Never said given an advantage. I said given an equal opportunity after so many years of unequal opportunity and injustice! Please don't put words in my mouth! Oh, and by the way, I've been working for the same company for 26 yrs. I don't sit around looking for handouts.

Last edited:
The field isn't level. Prospective black college students have more opportunity for free money, more loans and easier admission standards than white students.

All programs that give out assistance based on race, sex, sexual orientation or anything of that nature shouldn't be done. You want equality, that's equality. But guess what, life isn't fair.

A whole lot of things shouldn't have been done by our government, but they were! But you're right....life isn't fair.

I see the term Black Power being thrown around a lot. How do you define Black Power? When I talk about black power, in the 60's the Black Power Movement was started because black people were tired of being harassed and terrorized in their own neighborhoods. Nothing was ever done about it because the vast majority of the ones doing the terrorizing were those who's job it was to "protect and serve". Take Angela Davis for example. Black homes were routinely bombed in her desegregated neighborhood by white supremacists. Nothing was done about it because it was mostly done by the police. This kind of **** affects people!!! So people did what made sense. They protected themselves and the people in their neighborhoods, and groups like the Black Panther Party for Self Defense emerged. They made it clear that they weren't at war with whites, they were at war with the power structure. Whites were even welcome in the Black Power Movement. That's what the term means to me. Not to be confused with White Power, a bunch of guys running around covered in bedding. I'm not calling white people bad by any means. I was lucky enough to grow up in a very diverse neighborhood and saw good people and *******s. There's a white woman up the street in my old neighborhood who I call mommy, and no she's not a prostitute.

Last edited:
Never said given an advantage. I said given an equal opportunity after so many years of unequal opportunity and injustice! Please don't put words in my mouth! Oh, and by the way, I've been working for the same company for 26 yrs. I don't sit around looking for handouts.
I never said you sit around looking for handouts. I said that too many people do, white and black, why do you place yourself into my statement? I can promise you that Geico could read what I wrote and wouldn't think that I was saying he's sitting around asking for handouts.

As to what you did say
redtail said:
But let's be real, white people of today are the beneficiaries of the wealth gained by your ancestors from the labor of their slaves that built this country!
You might want to read that sentence very carefully. It's just a ridiculous statement.

No they were black slaves from Africa. What's your point?

The point should have been overtly obvious...

you stated "The reality of it is this,... after the blood, sweat, free labor and lives that my ancestor's shed for 400yrs to build this country"

if you believe that your ancestors alone were alone in this then you would be sorely wrong.

You have been given an equal opportunity in many ways, and in fact, in some cases, more than an equal opportunity. At what point can we say enough is enough? Slavery has been dead for how long?

I see the term Black Power being thrown around a lot. How do you define Black Power? When I talk about black power, in the 60's the Black Power Movement was started because black people were tired of being harassed and terrorized in their own neighborhoods. Nothing was ever done about it because the vast majority of the ones doing the terrorizing were those who's job it was to "protect and serve". Take Angela Davis for example. Black homes were routinely bombed in her desegregated neighborhood by white supremacists. Nothing was done about it because it was mostly done by the police. This kind of **** affects people!!! So people did what made sense. They protected themselves and the people in their neighborhoods, and groups like the Black Panther Party for Self Defense emerged. They made it clear that they weren't at war with whites, they were at war with the power structure. Whites were even welcome in the Black Power Movement. That's what the term means to me. Not to be confused with White Power, a bunch of guys running around covered in bedding. I'm not calling white people bad by any means. There's a white woman up the street in my old neighborhood who I call mommy, and no she's not a prostitute.

Unfortunately, not enough white people understood that they had more in common with black people than they did with the white people in power who were running the show.

I've always suspected that racial hatred was a political tool to keep the working-class people of all races from realizing that they have more to fear from those in power than they do from each other.

-Rich

Unfortunately, not enough white people understood that they had more in common with black people than they did with the white people in power who were running the show.

So true.

I've always suspected that racial hatred was a political tool to keep the working-class people of all races from realizing that they have more to fear from those in power than they do from each other.

-Rich

You nailed it, Rich. Sadly, it worked then, and it still works today.

Equal means Equal. To create an advantage due to how one was born or raised would create inequality, even with good intentions behind the created advantage. My point of view is that some people do hide behind where they come from (not just racially) and want the handout, and get their "free money." What they do with it is what matters more. Some people go out and get high, some just live on it, and still others go to school with it. I said "people" because there are people of all races, genders, preferences, religions, etc who do this, and they come from every nook and cranny in this country.
Everybody in this country has an interesting lineage (IMO). Mine goes back to Ireland in the mid 19th century. One of my roommates in the Army was a full-blooded Native American. Sometimes I wonder if pride does not exist to some people. Obviously there is no pride in the practice of human trade or slavery, but there has GOT to be a sense of pride in perserverence.
I'm afraid I sound like I'm downplaying this, but I do not mean to at all. We cannot ignore the past, but we also cannot live in it.

It's obvious that blacks and whites will never see eye to eye on these issues. We live in two entirely different realities. I think I'll just stick to the non race, religion or political topics from now on.

Lets try an analogy here, shall we? Let's take two track teams in the relay event. The baton is passed at each lap to a new member of the team. For the first 20 laps Team A has to wear 50 pounds of chains around their legs. From the 25th lap someone from Team B is required to stop and retie their shoe. Is it reasonable for someone from Team B after the 25th lap to complain that this is not fair, since they weren't running when Team A had to wear the chains? That now that the chains have been removed from Team A that they are "equal"?

It's obvious that blacks and whites will never see eye to eye on these issues. We live in two entirely different realities. I think I'll just stick to the non race, religion or political topics from now on.
Well, I think that's an over-generalization. There are certainly some of both races who will never see eye-to-eye. Having lived with a black woman for over twenty-five years, I will readily admit that there is a LOT about the black experience that I'll never truly grok. I can certainly acknowledge, though, that as a white person I have received many benefits that are not immediately obvious. And, by the way, she's the one in the family with the MBA from the University of Chicago. Well and truly earned!

See post #8....

I think he caught me off guard with the question more than anything.

For anyone who missed it the first two times... sigh... the importance of using their names and that fact that we are all people was made emphatically.

I think he did raise a good issue though for people like Samuel and I who both come from small towns that had very little diversity... i don't know... its like learning a new airframe - you know how to fly already but haven't learned all the little tricks of this airframe yet....
Sorry, missed your post. There's nothing wrong with calling someone black. Same as calling someone White IMHO.

-Rich

I always thought it was pretty obvious. Just like the rest of the political system, it's all a distraction for industry to have their way.

You have been given an equal opportunity in many ways, and in fact, in some cases, more than an equal opportunity. At what point can we say enough is enough? Slavery has been dead for how long?

This is the issue that feeds the bigoted and race bating left, and the likes of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. They will never be satisfied with anything. There would never be enough hand outs, equality programs, level playing fields, ect. It is job security for them to continue exploitation of white guilt.

Back