Dallas Area Peeps

Harry Dean Stanton....

I am apparently out of a pop culture loop. Rav said he has been told he looks like paul weller from the cars (which in hindsight, I can totally see that)
Last night, having no idea who the cars were but thinking of this guy from the talking heads, I'm like "Yeah, I can see that"
David-Byrne-01-05-17-616x440.jpg

Then I belted out a masterfully on point "Letting the days go by. Let the water flow"

Rav is "Nope Thats not him"

Then I proceeded with "Here in my car, I feel safest of all" in question form

Rav: "Nope that's Gary Nunan"

Me "Ohh!!!!! I'm henery the 8th I am . Henery the 8th I am I am)

Rav: "what's wrong with you?"

I think me and Rav are only like 6 or 7 years apart but apparently that is enough of a gap that I have no knowledge of 80s bands that he might or might not resemble.

That was good food by the way. I rarely eat there but I am going to start going there again.
Drinks too. That was the first time I had heard of “Fire Ant Funeral Amber” beer. That was very tasty. Margaritas were also good.

IMG_1092.jpgIt was actually Ric Ocasek of The Cars that he said had been told he looked like. I too, was amazed that you had no idea who was talking about.

I googled them and (I had heard of the band's name by the way but no idea who this Rick guy is) I recognize one song "You might think"

Paul Weller was the front man of The Jam and later Style Council. I've never been told I look like him, but we did go to SF last weekend to see him in concert since he doesn't tour the US very often.

This is curious... in 1979 Ric Ocasek wrote a song about my RV6

I do believe it warrants mentioning that @Ravioli had shoes custom made to match his plane's paint scheme.

I am on the van's website looking into the same. I just want to be able to say "These are my flyin shoes".

I do believe it warrants mentioning that @Ravioli had shoes custom made to match his plane's paint scheme.

I knew you'd like it! Of course my plane and my shoes are both Vans! Your prototype looks good. Might want Blue on the heal and use black for the webbing. The gray on the tongue is nice.
shoes.jpg

Well it's pretty clear the rest of us need to be careful about attending one of these impromptu Texas PoA gatherings. Can't keep up with you style mavens. :p

I googled them and (I had heard of the band's name by the way but no idea who this Rick guy is) I recognize one song "You might think"

Unless you've led an extraordinarily sheltered life (seems highly unlikely) there must surely be one or two more you recognize (and this is a seriously abbreviated sample):

Franks Valley & 4 Seasons had a Candy song too I think. Frank Zappa probably did too, somewhere...

Back