Dallas Area Peeps

Dave Theisen

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Theisen
I'll be at Flight Safety this week for recurrent training. Finishing up at 6:30 each day if anyone is up for a beer. Looks like I'm off all day Friday, so if anyone say, wants to blow off work and take me for a ride in their new Grumman, that would be cool. :) I'll have a car, staying on the south side of DFW.

John’s correct, south side is a hike...

Could you make the journey to Grapevine? Or Lewisville?

I’ve got something happening Monday and Tuesday...

So how about Wednesday?

I think you should meet at "Hard 8" BBQ near DFW. Best BBQ I've had...

Dear God, no Hard8. (and you're referring to the Coppell location) I say no because it's the most common fly BBQ (Stephenville location) for North Texas. I'm not saying it isn't good, just that we do it WAY too often.

Dear God, no Hard8. (and you're referring to the Coppell location) I say no because it's the most common fly BBQ (Stephenville location) for North Texas. I'm not saying it isn't good, just that we do it WAY too often.

Yeah, but its guuu-uuud. ;-)

I'm going there fit dinner tonight.
Not my first pick. It is definitely way overdone for the locals

If you all want to meet somewhere else, I will still check out Hard 8 while I'm in town. Whatever works best for the crowd.

I’ll have a suggestion by AM.

egnI4w3.png

Location Choices

Big Fish Seafood Grill & Bar - (website) - Seafood, including lots of Cajun options, plus drinks & frequent live music in a snug cafe setting

Mi Dia From Scratch - (website) - Mexican cuisine with Santa Fe & Tex-Mex flair, handcrafted margaritas & an outdoor patio.

Great Scott - (website) - Woodsy-chic, family-owned nook with select charcuterie, steak & seafood entrees & local craft beers.

Tommy Tamale - (website) - Comfy cafe/market offering tamales, burritos, quesadillas & diverse salsas in casual digs. BYOB.

Red Robin, Olive Garden, Pappadeaux's, and other chain restaurants.​

For me, any one of the first four sounds good.

But we need to get to a consensus soon, so we can call and reserve a table big enough for our group.

Love me some Mi Dia.
That's my vote but I will let others chime in. That place is a mile from my house so I can eat there anytime.

Probably should rally the locals
@SCCutler
@TangoWhiskey
@tecprotb
@JCranford

I have to run to a meeting. Mike tag others in the area when you get a chance.

Love me some Mi Dia.
That's my vote but I will let others chime in. That place is a mile from my house so I can eat there anytime
Bzzzzt! wrong location.... We're talking Grapevine. Wanted to avoid Flower Mound ... else they would recognize your satirical self and we might never get our food or drinks.

Bzzzzt! wrong location.... We're talking Grapevine. Wanted to avoid Flower Mound ... else they would recognize your satirical self and we might never get our food or drinks.

Ah the uppity one ;)

Since no one is voicing a choice... I'll go with Bryan's recco for Mi Dia's

MÍ DÍA FROM SCRATCH
1295 S Main Street • Grapevine
7:00 PM, Wednesday.
I'll call and ask for a table for 8 folks and have it under the name "Charlie Foxtrot"

@SixPapaCharlie -- I'll post something on NTA.

Back