Daily Pic

West of Freer (T19) Tx. I wasn't PIC, I was shooting. I flew down in my 172 and the chopper picked me up. Bagged 6 coyotes! Saw some big deer.

Last edited:
How did you manage that with the TFR in effect? (UN general assembly).
Nice shot!

I was on flight following with NY approach and Air Force One comes up on the frequency inbound to JFK! It was pretty darn cool hearing Air Force One talking to the same controller!

That was a first for me.

Sorry I couldn't get a picture:lol:

Thanks!
The big TFR (everything in NYC) was only in effect until Tuesday evening.

Today's TFR was 2NM radius around the UN, which meant a southbound flight was possible (on the NJ side).

Thanks!
The big TFR (everything in NYC) was only in effect until Tuesday evening.

Today's TFR was 2NM radius around the UN, which meant a southbound flight was possible (on the NJ side).

Oh ok. I thought it was a little wider, but I must admit, I didn't drill down to the fine detail because I had no intention of going anywhere near it.:no:

I was flying in Connecticut and on Long Island. I did talk to two briefers (one before each departure), to make sure there were no rolling TFRs along my route. As much as I love the F-16, I have no intention of seeing any up close:no:

Oh ok. I thought it was a little wider, but I must admit, I didn't drill down to the fine detail because I had no intention of going anywhere near it.:no:

I was flying in Connecticut and on Long Island. I did talk to two briefers (one before each departure), to make sure there were no rolling TFRs along my route. As much as I love the F-16, I have no intention of seeing any up close:no:

I wasn't afraid, I had full confidence on the Pipers anti-missile systems and stealth technology. The name, Warrior, must mean something... :)

Actually, the TFR ended pretty much exactly on the western edge of Manhattan, a northbound flight would've been possible as well, but it was a bit too close for comfort.
Great day for flying. LGA gave clearance through their Bravo direct towards the Alpine tower, then turn southward and only a few helicopters flying in the corridor.

Just on top over the western NC mountains.

113-1380_IMG-X2.jpg

Here is a couple I have. Sunset over Kentucky.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    899.9 KB · Views: 51
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    541.9 KB · Views: 42
DeKalb Peachtree, PDK, and views from the Downwind restaurant on field.

100-0016_IMG-X2.jpg

100-0009_IMG-X2.jpg

100-0012_IMG-X2.jpg

100-0011_IMG-X2.jpg

Guntersville, AL, 8A1. This is the numbers end of 21, you approach from out over the lake. One of my favorite little airports, beautiful! I need to get some shots on approach.

Gunt2-X2.jpg

Took some friends up to SSI for lunch yesterday, always some pretty nice stuff there.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2937.JPG
    IMG_2937.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 410
In between layers at 7000ft in and outta the soup - working on my IR...

yda2a2es.jpg

Almost had lunch here on our road trip:

attachment.php

But, then I decided to drive across town and eat at a little nicer place...one that looked like they actually washed the dishes occasionally.

Bonus question. Where is this?

Attachments

• HangarSmall.jpg
    HangarSmall.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 368
Having some quality time in the Lake with the ol' Jeff

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• lake01.jpg
    lake01.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 332
  • lake02.jpg
    lake02.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
Can you fish out of it?

I thought you would have showed it to me by now.

Last edited:
got traffic advisories for this airplane 2 days ago... not sure what it is, but its old and neato-o

dy3avy5y.jpg

9yhamyqy.jpg

Pic I snapped of my buddy's Husky while flying the Cherokee 180 on a short hop from KBAM to KEKO. My first air-to-air pic and formation flying experience...I loved it! Sure takes a lot of constant adjustments to hold position. And btw the camera is very deceiving in the distance department :)

Attachments

• Flight to skyfair.jpg
    Flight to skyfair.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
N6496 Romeo has been disassmebled, refurbished and has a disassembled engine in the process of being rebuilt.

I hear that the company that bought it is belly up and has a storage lean on it. I might try to buy it back now that one of my sons wants to get his DL.

I'd likely put a new panel with a single G480 and backup comm as the only avionics then it would be IFR trainer.

It flies like a warrior as it has all of Art Madsenson Cherokee mods except the speed cowling. It probably does 110-115 knots

Attachments

• N6496R.jpg
    N6496R.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 51
Our home drome, KFGU, with Grindstone "Mountain" in the background:

DSC_1070-X2.jpg

Bill, you at collegedale. Ive been there a lot.

Last month I was able to get some air to air shots of our local glider operation. I was rear seat in the Scout tow plane, we released and did a 360 to get a few shots for next years brochures
image_zpse0b105a7.jpg

Back