Daily Pic

Yessir...I thought he was really top-notch.

Ben is a great guy, I did both my PP and IR rides with him. I ran into him a few weeks back in the FBO lobby, we BS'd for a good while. Hadn't seen him in a year or so. Interesing guy.

Cutaway Bonanza.

IMG_0130-X2.jpg

IMG_0131-X2.jpg

Although it is neat, it is actually kinda sad, that airplane wants to fly!!!

6P3 to KLNR for breakfast this morning. There were a lot of planes on the ramp and the restaraunt was packed.

558928_10202314205766457_426670619_n%20%281%29-XL.jpg

Took my dad up in 691SP on a flight up to Port Clinton and a tour of the Lake Erie islands, he took some pretty decent photos :)

That was the longest flight I've done so far. Almost didn't launch because ceilings were kind of low in SW Ohio but decided to go for it since the clouds were supposed to rise. It was a little rough for the first bit but I'm really glad I did!

20131013_143905.jpg 20131013_144013.jpg 20131013_144018.jpg 20131013_150611.jpg 20131013_150619.jpg 20131013_150721.jpg

Thanks, VanDy! Those are some nice shots yourself! If you're ever up near PCW, stop at the diner on field and let me know how it is. It looked pretty good but dad wanted to go see the islands and we decided dealing with possible turbulence with a full stomach probably wasn't the best of ideas. Probably a good decision, too, 'cause it was choppy as hell on the way back until I got confirmation that skies were clear over SGH and climbed out of the thermals.

Yeah, I somehow managed to get a reservation on 1SP for 6 hours today... Which is probably why the clouds decided to come down for a visit this morning, lol. 8JA was booked the best part of the day, as always, but thankfully VanDy wasn't taking 1SP this time! I really need to look into joining a club or buying my own...

Edited to add: Also, if you're up at PCW, give the museum a tour. Totally worth the $5. I didn't even know there was a diner or museum on field until I got there lol. Might wanna take some chocks or rope for tie-down.

Last edited:
Good report AJ, we might be meeting some friends there on the 26th weather permitting.

Always a great sight. It has been in Charleston, SC., for a few days and the folks have been coming in large numbers.

MemphisBelle2_zps93745ffe.jpg

Landed about 15 minutes too early. Took this last Tuesday while fueling up.

Attachments

• Sunset WST 8-Oct-2013 - Copy.png
    Sunset WST 8-Oct-2013 - Copy.png
    741.8 KB · Views: 42
Took my dad up in 691SP on a flight up to Port Clinton and a tour of the Lake Erie islands, he took some pretty decent photos :)

That was the longest flight I've done so far. Almost didn't launch because ceilings were kind of low in SW Ohio but decided to go for it since the clouds were supposed to rise. It was a little rough for the first bit but I'm really glad I did!

View attachment 31740 View attachment 31741 View attachment 31742 View attachment 31743 View attachment 31744 View attachment 31745

Looks like a great trip! I need to do that from Columbus some time.

David

Holy crap, that is beautiful. I would really love to do a flight like that some day.

Looks like a great trip! I need to do that from Columbus some time.

David

You totally should! Landing on 36 at PCW has you coming in partially over the water, it's really cool and really different for a flatlander like me. I'm definitely intending to go back to PCW some day, if only to eat at the diner. They had a bacon milkshake that sounded pretty tempting (and also sort of disgusting).

You mean the Miami River doesn't do it for you? How about the beautiful Moscow Power plant covered in fog?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 56
Spending the night at Roanoke VA a week ago
Beautiful sunset too!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• roa1.jpg
    roa1.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 374
  • roa2.jpg
    roa2.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 377
You mean the Miami River doesn't do it for you? How about the beautiful Moscow Power plant covered in fog?

While those are indeed nice (Ohio River's pretty cool too), I really like the mountain views :D

Here ya go AJ, low and slow near the Ohio river

E740CA23-52C4-4391-8619-C1F9DEEDEA3C-20807-00000798BCD4E6E2_zpsc15725b8.jpg

-VanDy

I love flying along rivers, lakes, and the coast. So scenic.

Our Mooney dropping in over the trees at Windwood, WV62.

Attachments

• WW1.jpg
    WW1.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 60
  • WW2.jpg
    WW2.jpg
    339.3 KB · Views: 59
  • WW3.jpg
    WW3.jpg
    499.4 KB · Views: 66
  • WW4.jpg
    WW4.jpg
    436.3 KB · Views: 67
Delaware Water Gap... got some more stick time in Gus' Citabria Monday afternoon.

attachment.php

Can't compete with the Sierras for drama, but it's some purty country.

Attachments

• bk101513.JPG
    bk101513.JPG
    497.7 KB · Views: 289
DC-3 at KCJR

Attachments

• DC3.jpg
    DC3.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 44
Holy crap, that is beautiful. I would really love to do a flight like that some day.

You totally should! Landing on 36 at PCW has you coming in partially over the water, it's really cool and really different for a flatlander like me. I'm definitely intending to go back to PCW some day, if only to eat at the diner. They had a bacon milkshake that sounded pretty tempting (and also sort of disgusting).

3W2 and take a cart into town for food, I'm partial to the Ruben at the pub, Guinness is a bonus if we are staying long enough.

3W2 and take a cart into town for food, I'm partial to the Ruben at the pub, Guinness is a bonus if we are staying long enough.

While I'd love to, the insurance policy at the FBO prohibits operations on strips less than 3000' :( Guess that's just more reason to buy my own plane...

While I'd love to, the insurance policy at the FBO prohibits operations on strips less than 3000' :( Guess that's just more reason to buy my own plane...

I won't tell!!!

-VanDy

Ok, you Vandy myself and one other in a plane with no such prohibition

3000ft! Really?!

On Monday I had the urge to take the schools Cub up for a little while. I got the wife to come with me and flew her over our neighborhood.

Attachments

• cub.jpg
    cub.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 115
  • house.jpg
    house.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 79
Landing at Palm Springs, CA

Attachments

• Palm Springs.jpg
    Palm Springs.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
On Monday I had the urge to take the schools Cub up for a little while. I got the wife to come with me and flew her over our neighborhood.

she almost has that "I'm having fun" look in her eyes.

Ok, you Vandy myself and one other in a plane with no such prohibition

3000ft! Really?!

Yeah, really. Especially since the only planes the FBO has available for solo rentals are 172s and 152s. No grass strips allowed either.

Back