Daily Pic

This is looking good as my iPad wallpaper :yes:

Oh wow, very flattered :cornut: thank you :)

Evening at KDED tonight. Photo doesn't do it justice, you could just see the clouds flattening, coming down in layers and folding

attachment.php

Attachments

• kded_evening.jpg
    kded_evening.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 607
Got a fun ride (and a good amount of stick time) today in a Bellanca 150S, central NJ.
attachment.php

Attachments

• bellanca06201301.JPG
    bellanca06201301.JPG
    240.7 KB · Views: 526
Snapped this one today at the home field

Blackhawk, Blackhawk and Tomahawk

attachment.php

Attachments

• BH_BH_TH.jpg
    BH_BH_TH.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 518
Shoulda tried to get a Skyhawk in there too. ;)

That could be one over the runway...looks like a refueling probe on the front of the 60's. Air Force pave hawks. I worked them at moody. I was the first troop to install the new aux fuel tanks (read blue prints, drilled holes, etc.). I was nervous.

I saw it flying Wednesday night around 8, wasn't sure who was at the controls. Wonder if Tammy's card goes with the plane!

I saw it flying Wednesday night around 8, wasn't sure who was at the controls. Wonder if Tammy's card goes with the plane!

Lol!! He flew it for a bit, after 8 was Andy, unfortunetly I had to turn down the opportunity to take it up :(

-VanDy

That could be one over the runway...looks like a refueling probe on the front of the 60's. Air Force pave hawks. I worked them at moody. I was the first troop to install the new aux fuel tanks (read blue prints, drilled holes, etc.). I was nervous.
Yes sir!

It is Skyhawk, Blackhawk, Blackhawk and Tomahawk!

Yes sir!

It is Skyhawk, Blackhawk, Blackhawk and Tomahawk!

Neato...I've flown a tomahawk and skyhawk, and have a few logged as a passenger in the HH-60. Those were my birds on that combat rescue show on discovery channel, or one of those channels. Neat show, all about the PJ's at moody. I recognized the birds and a few faces.

The wife took these over my shoulder while were on the way to KPVG.

Attachments

• DSC_0050.JPG
    DSC_0050.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 68
  • DSC_0051.JPG
    DSC_0051.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 64
N49439 on the East ramp at MSN, snapped before yours truly did the preflight.

222-L.jpg

Lake Mendota in the first pic, and the second is lake Mendota and Lake Monona split down the middle by the Madison Isthmus.

photo%20%285%29-L.jpg

111-L.jpg

I did a sunset flight out to Fishers Island 0B8 with a friend yesterday. I HIGHLY recommend it! Just walk across the airport (look left, right, then left again...depending on the winds) and you're at the beach. It's pretty amazing.

That's the end of one of the runways on the right...and the beach on the left!

attachment.php

Looking back at the plane from that same place (ish)
attachment.php

Looking east. The runway is on the left.
attachment.php

Look at that parking job!
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC01472.jpg
    DSC01472.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 490
  • DSC01475.jpg
    DSC01475.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 490
  • DSC01476.jpg
    DSC01476.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 488
  • DSC01485.jpg
    DSC01485.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 488
Here's my son and I at the Museum of Flight in Seattle waving to the crowd.

Attachments

• AF1.jpg
    AF1.jpg
    493.3 KB · Views: 49
Those are from my HTC One actually.

Here is a snapshot from a video of a cell as we were departing CYQB:
47995_10200230692234391_1240896591_n.jpg

I did a sunset flight out to Fishers Island 0B8 with a friend yesterday. I HIGHLY recommend it! Just walk across the airport (look left, right, then left again...depending on the winds) and you're at the beach. It's pretty amazing.

Next time you go let me know and I'll join you. I fly out of WST. :)

ERAU DA42 slowly catching up. On V3 north of MLB.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 464
Next time you go let me know and I'll join you. I fly out of WST. :)

We were considering dropping into WST just to say we hit RI, but we decided to stay on the beach a little longer instead :). What's the deal on the landing fee there? It says it's charged to non-RI registered airplanes. How do they collect?

Waiting out the weather in Williston, FL X60

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 59
Somewhere over West Virginia, two weeks ago. I don't normally get above the clouds but that day the clouds were on the ground. The smokestacks coming out the fog was sort of surreal and in the second picture the clouds reminded me of a pair of swans. :yes:

Attachments

• New York 035 Smoke Stacks in Fog.JPG
    New York 035 Smoke Stacks in Fog.JPG
    392.6 KB · Views: 88
  • New York 037 Swan Clouds.JPG
    New York 037 Swan Clouds.JPG
    382.1 KB · Views: 74
We were considering dropping into WST just to say we hit RI, but we decided to stay on the beach a little longer instead :). What's the deal on the landing fee there? It says it's charged to non-RI registered airplanes. How do they collect?
You know, I really have no idea how that works. I'm pretty sure if you taxi over to Dooney's on the south side of the field you don't get charged...? I'll have to ask next time I see the airport manager.

Pic taken Sunday turning final for 25 at WST.

Attachments

• WST_Final_25.jpg
    WST_Final_25.jpg
    477.9 KB · Views: 71
Somewhere over West Virginia, two weeks ago. I don't normally get above the clouds but that day the clouds were on the ground. The smokestacks coming out the fog was sort of surreal and in the second picture the clouds reminded me of a pair of swans. :yes:
That is awesome!

Lets see..

1. Taking off from FD51. 20 foot wide runway and windy Florida Keys make that experience very special :)

2. Shooting ILS 07L to minimums at Embry-Riddle's C172 NAVIII sim
3. Doing some supersecret work at the same location :)

Speaking of the supersecret stuff, if you are willing to spend half a day (4-5 hrs) at ERAU Daytona Beach, you can get 0.5-0.6 sim IMC and 3-4 approaches towards your currency and fly sim for the Great Bright Future + get paid $150-$250 for it - drop me a pm

In the project, funded by the Federal Aviation Administration and sponsored by the MITRE Corporation, instrument-rated pilots from central Florida will conduct approaches and landings using a Level 6 Cessna flight simulator that can replicate low-visibility conditions.
[...]
The purpose of the research is to see if precision approaches normally used to land on longer runways can be used for landing at the shorter and narrower runways found at small airports.In the study, pilots of small planes will simulate GPS-guided approaches down to the minimum altitude they can fly to in poor visibility and land using various simulated runway and lighting conditions.The project will help researchers evaluate different runway and lighting conditions at smaller airports and assess the feasibility of letting the GPS instruments guide small planes to lower altitudes in conditions of poor visibility.

You'll be tired and as current keeping those needles centered as it gets :)

Attachments

• FD51_takeoff.jpg
    FD51_takeoff.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1985.jpg
    IMG_1985.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1989.jpg
    IMG_1989.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 64
Picture of Hanauma Bay from my flight last Saturday.

Attachments

• IMG_2476.JPG
    IMG_2476.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 30
Nice picture of a Schewizer 1-26B! Ser no 052.
Deregisterd in 1975 from the Red Wing Soaring in Minn.

Interesting history, thanks for posting. That is an old photo hanging on the wall of the FBO building in Stanton Field, KSYN in Minnesota. I simply took a picture of the picture with my camera.

Back