Daily Pic

Victoria Falls from our C182.

VicFalls.jpg

I have just a couple more I'd like to share...

I took this while deadheading to bring this plane back

Civil Air Patrol Getting ready to fly Cadets.

Attachments

• me 003.JPG
    me 003.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 72
  • me 005.JPG
    me 005.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 55
what is that?

That is a Globe Swift - One of the coolest little airplanes ever. Tailwheel, retract, aerobatic, built from about 1946-1951. The most modified airplane ever, supposedly. I don't know if that's based on just sheer number of available STC's or the fact that you can't hardly find any two even close to alike - Probably both.

I'd love to have one - With at least 180hp, C/S prop, canopy or skylights, sticks, long-range tanks, and P-51 gear doors. :D

Last weekend. Sitting on the grass in my hometown, Ste. Genevieve, MO (6MO2), a little 1600' grass strip within easy walking distance of downtown. Flew up there for breakfast.

attachment.php

And one at 6Y9...grass again...there's a theme here...taken by Diz at the 2011 fly-in.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 57D@6MO2-small.jpg
    57D@6MO2-small.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 524
  • rainbow2-small.jpg
    rainbow2-small.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 565
Last edited:
Interesting history, thanks for posting. That is an old photo hanging on the wall of the FBO building in Stanton Field, KSYN in Minnesota. I simply took a picture of the picture with my camera.

I looked up the n number on FAA.gov

That is a Globe Swift - One of the coolest little airplanes ever. Tailwheel, retract, aerobatic, built from about 1946-1951. The most modified airplane ever, supposedly. I don't know if that's based on just sheer number of available STC's or the fact that you can't hardly find any two even close to alike - Probably both.

I'd love to have one - With at least 180hp, C/S prop, canopy or skylights, sticks, long-range tanks, and P-51 gear doors. :D

Maybe something wonky is going on with the computers but there is a Lancair in the picture I'm seeing

Maybe something wonky is going on with the computers but there is a Lancair in the picture I'm seeing

Well, I saw a girl that looked like my girl and... Well, it appears I didn't look that closely - Hell, it's not even a taildragger, it's just the angle of the photo.

:redface:

That one is, apparently, so modified that it's a Lancair.;)

Last edited:
Well, I saw a girl that looked like my girl and... Well, it appears I didn't look that closely - Hell, it's not even a taildragger, it's just the angle of the photo.

:redface:

You own a Swift, and you mistook a Lancair for one? You need to report yourself to the Swift club and ask for forgiveness...and hope they deem you worthy of continued ownership. :D

I shot this on Monday night on the Arrival into South Florida. A beautiful night with some weather in the area.

Abram

Attachments

• 2013-07-15 20.20.15.jpg
    2013-07-15 20.20.15.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 86
You own a Swift, and you mistook a Lancair for one? You need to report yourself to the Swift club and ask for forgiveness...and hope they deem you worthy of continued ownership. :D
I am the current self-appointed Swift repo agent. We have deemed him not worthy. I'll gladly take possession asap. :goofy:

Well, they can come and take away the virtual Swift that I wish I owned. Then, I'll sue them and get a real Swift. ;)

Need a bump here! All from today in chronological order :)

utu9a7u6.jpg

usazymyh.jpg

8ebyda2e.jpg

-VanDy

Thursday last week, enroute from FL to SC. The fog was supposed to dissipate by 9am. Rrright. Destination was clear up in the hills, but I'm not a big fan of cruising over 100-300 ft overcasts for hours

PS click to enlarge, tried embedding but can't tell from the iPad if its too big to be convenient

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
I thought that stretch of road looked familiar. I've still never been to the Moraine Airpark, it looks like the approach from either end could be... exciting, lol. Maybe one day!

Although one day when I was coming back from DAY with a pax, he looked down at Moraine and saw what he thought was a bright yellow cub... I'm assuming it was your T-Craft!

It sure is!

-VanDy

I thought that stretch of road looked familiar. I've still never been to the Moraine Airpark, it looks like the approach from either end could be... exciting, lol. Maybe one day!

Although one day when I was coming back from DAY with a pax, he looked down at Moraine and saw what he thought was a bright yellow cub... I'm assuming it was your T-Craft!

Its been there off and on a good bit recently! Although we do have a cub special that comes through pretty often too. Moraine, is just like any other airport. The threshold makes the levee a complete non issue. Although i usually land in the grass.

Pretty sure thats a Lancair... unless someone made a fiberglass Swift and put a nosewheel on it.

:D

I think I'm about to get strafed!!
19E55900-958F-4430-80C0-4F1636BBB7A9-3962-000004703E3A05E1_zps6ed21df9.jpg

-VanDy

Back