Daily Pic

In case Captain/redtail wants a somewhat-shoddily stitched together version to show him someday.

Hey thanks!

I've never played around much with PC photo editing software. What did you use to patch the two together?

That's pretty darn good:yes:

I'm going to show him in about 15 mins, when he gets home from school!

By the way, I hadn't planned to let him fly, that's why his seat was so far back. But half way to our destination, he was about to fall asleep, so I asked him if he wanted to fly a little. He said yes, so I grabbed my iphone and snapped a few quick shots.

Last edited:
I've never played around much with PC photo editing software. What did you use to patch the two together?

No worries. Used GIMP, which is (tries to be) a free Photoshop clone. It's a ways behind Photoshop in terms of functionality, but it runs on Linux (which my work computer runs) as well as Windows and Mac and does a decent job. A bit of a learning curve to it, but lots of tutorials etc online. And unlike flying, you can jump right in without an instructor and the worst that can happen is having an image you don't care to save. :yesnod:

No worries. Used GIMP, which is (tries to be) a free Photoshop clone. It's a ways behind Photoshop in terms of functionality, but it runs on Linux (which my work computer runs) as well as Windows and Mac and does a decent job. A bit of a learning curve to it, but lots of tutorials etc online. And unlike flying, you can jump right in without an instructor and the worst that can happen is having an image you don't care to save. :yesnod:

Cool, I'll check it out.

I just showed it to him, he said thanks.
Now he's sitting closer to the panel too:)

Climbing out of Myrtle beach International

8785423341_6d53c7a40a_b.jpg

Here's a couple of shots I like from my recent exploits. The Lockheed 12 flew in to Marianna, FL for a Fly-In last weekend, the other is from a trip from Florida to OH I made last month. This shot was of Knoxville, TN while on a base turn for DKX.

Here's a couple of shots I like from my recent exploits. The Lockheed 12 flew in to Marianna, FL for a Fly-In last weekend, the other is from a trip from Florida to OH I made last month. This shot was of Knoxville, TN while on a base turn for DKX.

Golly I sure do love bare metal :D

Took this one yesterday while thermalling with another glider. Its tough to keep tabs on them sometimes, but one of the most fun parts of soaring. :yes:

Took this one yesterday while thermalling with another glider. Its tough to keep tabs on them sometimes, but one of the most fun parts of soaring. :yes:

Great pic!!

Which glider?
And what is hanging off the trailing edge of the horiz stab?
Can't believe it would be an external counterbalance out in the slip stream creating drag.

Great pic!!

Which glider?
And what is hanging off the trailing edge of the horiz stab?
Can't believe it would be an external counterbalance out in the slip stream creating drag.

Thanks, a guy from GoPro saw it and contacted me. He wants me to field test some of their new gear :D

Grob 102
It is indeed a counterweight. Theres one on the other side as well. I agree its not the best place for it but not a lot I can do about it. In later models they did remove it though.

Dinosaurs, ATVs, tractors, and RV's near the runway - oh my!

Taken over the weekend at a flour bombing / Ribs BBQ / Horshoe championship / wheelchair races / campfire / good old fashioned fly-in.

JlYgxAT.jpg

Flight of two picking our way home in FL afternoon. I'm flying lead.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 850
Last edited:
Red tail Cirrus giving rides to kids at Tuskegee​

Attachments

• sDSC_0652.jpg
    sDSC_0652.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 80
Watching AirTractor check out the winds hitting his smoke system in Arkansas

Attachments

• sDSC_0986.jpg
    sDSC_0986.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 93
Roll the dice and see if I get to keep my job. Running out of landing currency visit to the sim.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    717.3 KB · Views: 119
Post WWII French Nord trainer, brought back from Morocco. Still with French and Arabic instructions on the plane.

Part of the plane is designed by Messerschmidt

:) bad picture but you get the idea!!
ateqybup.jpg

-VanDy

Last edited:
F14588F1-1E47-43B9-B9AB-0EA87E0B02FA-450-0000003ECDBFA58B_zps818516dc.jpg

Freshly restored J5
C2AE9B4E-F0D9-47EA-BB85-BEACC929C18A-450-0000003FFAD6BAE2_zps9541b8bc.jpg

Best way to see the country side
6AFAA83B-A5D0-43D6-B9C0-AA45EFB5874E-450-0000004097984A36_zps42c4066d.jpg

-VanDy

Hey, guys. I'm new to the forum but I wanted to offer up a photo by way of introduction. I just got home from deployment and got a pretty good shot one day coming back in to the overhead. Enjoy.

-Alex

Great shot. Looks like you are with VFA-41. I served with VFA-125 and VFA-147. Thank you for your service!

Hey, guys. I'm new to the forum but I wanted to offer up a photo by way of introduction. I just got home from deployment and got a pretty good shot one day coming back in to the overhead. Enjoy.

-Alex

Wow! Awesome shot.

If you don't mind, I'd like to share this pic with my FB friends. I'll include your call sign/info if you want.

I promise not to claim it's me:D

Back