Daily Pic

At 06C for dinner at Pilot Pete's

View attachment 60648

Downtown Chicago...it's a local secret to stay this far off shore in order to avoid the small arms fire.

View attachment 60649

Bw does that iPad bother u over there. I am thinking of a similar setup but with my phone. There isn’t much space in an Archer to mount anything on the glass. Wondering if that location will block the view of the runway while landing especially in cross ind situations.... if I want to make a quick glance with the corner of my left eye all I will see is the phone. There is always synthetic vision so who cares about the actual runway...but still

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bw does that iPad bother u over there. I am thinking of a similar setup but with my phone. There isn’t much space in an Archer to mount anything on the glass. Wondering if that location will block the view of the runway while landing especially in cross ind situations.... if I want to make a quick glance with the corner of my left eye all I will see is the phone. There is always synthetic vision so who cares about the actual runway...but still

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I've toyed with a few spots and I really like this one. It doesn't block the view at all really. I can see over it and it doesn't block any of the instruments. Just blocks the side post.

Monday's flight from Cable to Santa Maria, to drop off my friend's RV-7A at the paint shop there. We went as a flight of three...you can see one plane just above the horizon in the center; the other at the far right edge of the pic. We're between Ventura and Santa Barbara, with Lake Casitas and one of the Channel Islands in view.

With all of us descending on my friend's plane like a NASCAR pit crew, we stripped it down for paint in two hours...flaps, ailerons, elevators, rudder, cowling, wheel pants, wing gap fairings, gear leg fairings, intersection fairings and canopy. Whew! Will take much longer to carefully reassemble... :)

IMG_2708.jpg

Was waiting for the "This is a $100.00 dollar bill" with a picture of a $100.00 dollar bill.

I see the boat in the 1st photo is doing evasive maneuvers, did you to a torpedo run on him? Where was the burger? Did you enjoy dining alone?

Man that's a good looking tomato, no cheese on that thar burger?

Couldn’t get that nasty tomater off the burger fast enough. But yeah it looked like a nice slab of tomater, if ur into that sort of thing. And yes, cheese and bacon were in that burger. The pic doesn’t do it justice.

Couldn’t get that nasty tomater off the burger fast enough. But yeah it looked like a nice slab of tomater, if ur into that sort of thing. And yes, cheese and bacon were in that burger. The pic doesn’t do it justice.

The pic makes it look like there’s a lot more bread than meat. That ain’t right. :)

The plane is so good it’s got its own tv show

48721ea70b696f1f0769f3819cba5c2d.jpg

Ever landed at Lake Norman Air Park up there? I lived in Charlotte from '03 to '14. Never made it up there though to land.

yes, a coupl'a times. fun coming in over the lake. otherwise, not much going on there. well, they work on AG planes, converting them for border control etc but that's about it.

Back