Daily Pic

This looks interesting. What is it?

it's called a 'BBQ Sunday'. it's basically pulled pork, baked beans and cole slaw stuffed into a jar and topped with a coupl'a hush puppies. it's really really really good. leann got it this time, I got the brisket sandwich followed by a slice of delicious chocolate pie

it's called a 'BBQ Sunday'. it's basically pulled pork, baked beans and cole slaw stuffed into a jar and topped with a coupl'a hush puppies. it's really really really good. leann got it this time, I got the brisket sandwich followed by a slice of delicious chocolate pie

do you chug it?

Looks tasty, where do you get such a thing?

BQ1, Gilliam McConnell. there's a bbq place on the field called The Pik n Pig. it's one of my favorite local places to fly into, grab some grub and watch planes come and go.

D

If I had one of those the FAA would require a mandatory recalc of the W&B before the return leg home...:D

BQ1, Gilliam McConnell. there's a bbq place on the field called The Pik n Pig. it's one of my favorite local places to fly into, grab some grub and watch planes come and go.
Man! My rental agreement limits me to 3000' minimum, boo! Maybe I could bring a CFI and get a waiver.

Man! My rental agreement limits me to 3000' minimum, boo! Maybe I could bring a CFI and get a waiver.

Yeah, don't hesitate to ask them. This place also has a 3k' min but I talked to the guy about it. Yadda yadda yadda, I was at the pig today. 2500' with plenty to spare.

20161105_104034.jpg

Got the opportunity to fly two planes today. This Piper Archer and a Cessna 172

Great, thank you. We want to fly to the Outer Banks for the Thanksgiving weekend. Looks like BQ1 would make a great stop on the way home. :):D

Had some family in this past weekend so I took them up yesterday evening. Beautiful weather we've been having!
ef594389e4862a6a20855203031a0049.jpg

fee8200cbb05e93eaf6996699061e55d.jpg

A picture of our neighbors corn maze.
4ae5d2c1afd6268dfc85701ddb196032.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Which one won???:goofy::goofy::goofy:

Both are awesome but it's apples to oranges. The Piper was old and had the gas gauges and the Cessna was new with G1000. It came in handy because there was a twin flying right behind us that we had to avoid. Didn't know if they saw us, I never depend on someone else visibility.

Had some family in this past weekend so I took them up yesterday evening. Beautiful weather we've been having!
ef594389e4862a6a20855203031a0049.jpg

fee8200cbb05e93eaf6996699061e55d.jpg

A picture of our neighbors corn maze.
4ae5d2c1afd6268dfc85701ddb196032.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

How do they accurately carve pictures out of a corn field?

Took my wife on a hamburger run yesterday. Beautiful day, we took off at about 4:30 for about a 1 hr flight.
The first picture my wife too on the way there, flying at about 2000 agl, it was a little hazy so the picture isn't the best. The second is the approach into KAXN (Alexandria MN), the last is on the ground in Alex. We then walked to the mall area and had a bite to eat, then enjoyed a beautiful night flight back to our home airport. I needed a night TO and landing for my currency so it worked out well.20161105_170341.jpg 20161105_175452_1478470235524.jpg 20161105_180216_1478470228576.jpg

How do they accurately carve pictures out of a corn field?
It varies from farm to farm, but one of the owners of this is the football coach so they design the picture on the computer, plant the field (every which way) , and then once the corn pops up a few inches the team goes through and pulls out the corn according to the computer grid.

Both are awesome but it's apples to oranges. The Piper was old and had the gas gauges and the Cessna was new with G1000. It came in handy because there was a twin flying right behind us that we had to avoid. Didn't know if they saw us, I never depend on someone else visibility.

Got to watch those twin pilots...:yes:

Lots of wildfires in South Appalachians this week - the "smoky" mountains were really smoking...

QNK21Y

dLhxN0

Back