Daily Pic

I've seen that plane at GEU a few times.
Garfield is looking good.
How 'bout a ride?

You’d need to talk to the owner. He’s a great guy. If you see him at the plane, stop by and say hi. It’s a great looking airplane, for sure.

High wing?
I know.. I'm not sure what's happening. I think it came out of a need from our club limitations honestly

Our Aztec has an absent owner and the plane's been out of annual since Aug 1..
The Comanches and Twin Commanches haven't had great dispatch reliability, and our Comanche is often booked. My friends also don't fly twins unfortunately

I just can't with the 182, but figured I'd give the 210 a shot after some local pilots spoke highly of it and it's at a great price point

What can I say, the lack of the struts take away that whole "I'm a trainer!" vibe and it performs well. This has just over 1400 useful, trues out consistently over 160, and it just overall performs great in all areas (good climber, doesn't need much runway, versatile, solid feel). I'd still rather sit above the wing than hang under it but we all make compromises I guess

boycotting work this week. of course looks like some chitty weather rollin in.

5ddeb924667312a2325dbeb83ca83aa2.jpg

aa7d5ca00eb63608e034cee24875d63f.jpg

340b88037533401f9d04145178dcf803.jpg

8a540b255c00aa7d042beb58eedf097f.jpg

74f8b48c1537884d853fcc2e37e2358e.jpg

You’d need to talk to the owner. He’s a great guy. If you see him at the plane, stop by and say hi. It’s a great looking airplane, for sure.
I met Chris today, although I think we talked before.
Nice guy.

Forgive me that it is not a pic, just link to video of the logs should anyone want to see them.

Forgive me that it is not a pic, just link to video of the logs should anyone want to see them.
It's one of the awesome things about airplanes. Even plain old Cessna and Pipers have stories behind them, often dating back half a century or more.
My aircraft turned 50 years old this past year and it has all the dusty logs from day 1. Sometimes it's a little surreal to poke around in those logs and think about the life it's had. It's older than me by a stretch!
So for this stuff that goes back to the 40s? very cool!

Just received logbooks from my grandfather. Covers 1943 to 1948. Some are still flying. Trying to reach out to owners requesting photos.View attachment 113099View attachment 113100

That's awesome! I flew a J3 that had an NC number. A couple of times I called tower with that number, which sometimes caused confusion, but once in a while would lead to a "so how old is that aircraft" question.

T-6 convention. about 7 of 'em, a pilatus, and the envy of all, a mooney. sorry I couldn't make GMU, had to stick local today.

IMG_3081.jpg

Just flew (what could be) my last leg today in the mighty 737 - I'm headed to school next week to learn how to *really* get lazy in the 777.

last_leg.jpeg

I spent just under 6 years in the airplane. I thoroughly enjoyed flying it, made some great memories, and it was tough to say goodbye. I was told to give N950NN a hug - this was the best I could do:

hug.jpeg

:p

You'll be right at home in the 777. You'll need to learn not to disconnect the autothrottles on landing. There just isn;t anything the B-777 doesn't do well. Like the B757 its a very honest airplane. Ours had GE, witch burned lots of oil, but were wonderful engines. I think your's are Roll's. I loved the Roll's on the 757. Enjoy!

You'll be right at home in the 777. You'll need to learn not to disconnect the autothrottles on landing. There just isn;t anything the B-777 doesn't do well. Like the B757 its a very honest airplane. Ours had GE, witch burned lots of oil, but were wonderful engines. I think your's are Roll's. I loved the Roll's on the 757. Enjoy!

Appreciate it sir! We have the Rolls on the -200s and GEs on the 300s. And no worries about the ATs - we don't usually disconnect them on the 737 either, choosing instead to push/pull through the clutches when it's gusty. :)

Lots of pre-Christmas aviation for me. Flew a long non-stop to the in-laws on Tuesday:
IMG_3454.jpeg IMG_3460.jpeg

Dropped off wife and kids and headed to Wichita to get tortured in the sim for 2 days for my 61.58 recurrent (and froze my butt off during this winter blizzard):

IMG_3485.jpeg

And finally headed back to the in-laws for Christmas with the whole family (after battling a frozen hangar door in Wichita - although I will say it was nice sitting in the warm and cozy cockpit while the FBO guys fought with the door since it was -5 degrees and wind howling).

IMG_3494.jpeg

Back