Daily Pic

Just a couple of shots of the starting buildup over central Florida today. I was at 5500 feet MSL when I took these. View attachment 78689 View attachment 78690
Did a quick turn over in the Tampa area around noon and noticed there was quite the increase in cloud cover vs our inbound about a half hour prior, which was mainly CAVU. Flew through a few puffy’s on the climb out.

Testing out the ultra wide lense on the iPhone 11. No filters in any of the pictures

Coming into LGA

Ce5VH5k.jpg

PWM-LGA

Bl18sFe.jpg

Another early morning departure

1sTSf47.jpg

Led a 4-ship earlier this week and Combat Camera tagged along (dash 2 was the camera ship) to snap a couple pictures showcasing how we make the proverbial sausage. Just another day in ye 'ol office. "Taking a paycut" as my airline bros like to remark, but I'm happy to take the bad deal grenade for them. ;)

191023-F-HA566-0006.jpg
Hindsight leading the climb over C TX.

191023-F-HA566-0065.jpg
Great shot of -3 from the top of the leaf on finger-4 (circa 80 degrees of bank)

191023-F-HA566-0070.jpg
Down the line to -3 and 4, Echelon left...

191023-F-HA566-0075.jpg
-3 in the turn.

191023-F-HA566-0079.jpg
Up the line at Hindsight in the echelon turn. Side note: Couldn't be more proud of that dirty belly. I'd post one of my Arrow but I'm too far from the hangar right now... :p

191023-F-HA566-0152.jpg
Anarch's Bingo, coming home. (-2 looking at the opposite wing in Route)

191023-F-HA566-0286.jpg
Taking it all in during a lull in the RTB. I'm absolutely humbled to have the opportunity to get to do this for a living. A shout out to our Honorary Mission, Freedom Flyers. YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTEN.

191023-F-HA566-0264.jpg
Bar none, my absolute favorite shot of the day! -2 looking back up the line during the first half of the BD check.

191023-F-HA566-0347.jpg
Ol' Hindsight in the break for the full stop.

It was a good day to be alive. I recognize as with all in life, this ride will end some day... but not yet, not yet. Don't put it off. Go fly.

Not a very great pic, but fall colors are here. Sort of. More just dry leaves since we haven't had much rain. But still nice to see the colors changing on the east coast. Quick trip to CHO and back today just to get up and fly!

IMG_7462.JPG

Not a very great pic, but fall colors are here. Sort of. More just dry leaves since we haven't had much rain. But still nice to see the colors changing on the east coast. Quick trip to CHO and back today just to get up and fly!

View attachment 79006

I take these types of photo's all the time. I love the simple images of open space. It shows how much of this nation is rural. It's really incredible to see for someone like me who lives in such a congested area.

The view on the RNAV Y approach into KCMA after an IFR flight back from up north. Wife was anxious to get back down as the area was bumpy and it was a long flight for her. Conversation went something like this:

Wife: "OMG, I can't see s***! Can you even see the airport?"

Me, looking up: "Yeah, that sun is brutal. Can't see a damn thing."

Wife: "How do you know where the airport is?"

Me, pointing to the HSI on the PFD: "It's at the end of this magneta line."

Tower: "You're #4, runway 26, cleared to land."

Me: "Number 4, cleared to land. I don't have the field or traffic in sight with this haze and Sun. I'll need you to keep me posted on traffic."

Tower: "Roger."

Wife: "Please be careful."

Me kinda bummed I can't log this approach for currency: "If you think this bad, wait until I take you into actual IMC."

Attachments

• IMG_1978[1].jpg
    IMG_1978[1].jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 81
The view on the RNAV Y approach into KCMA after an IFR flight back from up north. Wife was anxious to get back down as the area was bumpy and it was a long flight for her. Conversation went something like this:

Wife: "OMG, I can't see s***! Can you even see the airport?"

Me, looking up: "Yeah, that sun is brutal. Can't see a damn thing."

Wife: "How do you know where the airport is?"

Me, pointing to the HSI on the PFD: "It's at the end of this magneta line."

Tower: "You're #4, runway 26, cleared to land."

Me: "Number 4, cleared to land. I don't have the field or traffic in sight with this haze and Sun. I'll need you to keep me posted on traffic."

Tower: "Roger."

Wife: "Please be careful."

Me kinda bummed I can't log this approach for currency: "If you think this bad, wait until I take you into actual IMC."

Wife: "I'm never flying with you again."

Good luck!

For some reason that just looks scary. Beautiful...but scary.

Back