daily food pic

Oh, a note on the short ribs. They were an experiment I wanted to try on myself before belaboring others to eat them. I have read several braised short rib recipes that call for thyme and garlic and sage and all that crap, but none of that is remotely necessary! All I did, literally all I did, was douse them in wooster sauce, cube an onion, put them in a crock pot with a little water on the bottom, and shazam! Best beef short ribs I have ever had! Iron chef, man! I'm hella doing this again!

Nice thing about the braising, or really any slow cooking is you can set it up, head to the pub, get blitzed, and if you manage to get back home you have some hella yummy hangover fare that will last you most of the night and make you glad you didn't pick up that pizza on the way home and put it in the fridge for breakfast.

Good? Over hyped? Over priced?

c39018a117e2f7bafc9b7dd75522b303.jpg

CEE5DFCD-1499-4563-87BB-81AC247D44FE.jpeg
beef and chicken kebabs in souvlaki sauce.

and cole slaw

Iterative dinner.
Had squid ink pasta of some sort. Start it cooking.
Anchovies go with squid.
In another pot, dissolve anchovies in olive oil, add red pepper and oregano, add tomato sauce from a jar.
Shrimp. Shrimp goes with squid. Garlic goes with shrimp. Lemon goes with shrimp.
In a pan, cook garlic in olive oil, add 1 lb shrimp.
Dump sauce into pan of cooked shrimp. Add lemon zest.
Drain cooked pasta, put back in pot. Throw a little water back in the bottom, stir in an egg yolk until emulsified.
Add sauce to pasta, serve shrimp on the side.
IMG_7753.jpg

Pulled pork sandwich from the BBQ truck at the farmer's market at Marcy Field (1I1) in Keene, NY.

upload_2022-10-28_18-41-51.png

I know @Sac Arrow is against eating in the airplane. Not sure how he feels about eating on the airplane.

Hmm, you know, I may have actually done it.

-wings
-flap jacks
-johnson bar sausage
-tail bacon
-carb priming, drizzle with rich mixture
-shot of compass whiskey
-glass of red port
-prime rib
-roll

With an immersion mixer, puree 2 eggs, a splash of milk and 1.5 hotdogs. Cook the resulting slurry like a pancake. Top with kraft single. Best served in a dirty ashtray.
hotdogsmoothie.jpg

Back