Could'a, Would'a, Should'a (Escaping Thermals)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but I view this thread is being useful up until about post #21, where the topic became about posters, rather than the topic. And a below-the-belt punch besides. Posters are allowed to give their opinions, and others can agree or not, and give well-constructed arguments to support their points. The personal attacks and name-calling detract from the topic.

Gotta agree on early morning flights to avoid the bumpies, and concur that a fully loaded 172 may be asking for trouble in warmer temps. 'Read too many reports...

Last Sunday my wife and I were flying from Vegas to SLC, with a rather late noonish departure. I would have preferred an early departure, but it was a PnP mission as well, and we were waiting on the dog to arrive in Vegas. Well, the weather in central Utah was a bit rough, the air sucked, and at one point had four squalls surrounding us. Had to dodge a bit to get through it all. There was lots of bumping around, as well as some 1000 fpm up and down action. At one point we went from 9500 to 12500, which I didn't even think that old 172 could handle. What's my point? I guess if you know your passengers, and what to expect from them, you will be okay. My wife pretty much slept through most of it. I think she woke up once to say something like "jeeez, bad weather again."

8vkYAbom.jpg

If any of you ******s tell my wife I shared this picture, she will have my *** in a sling.

You are just rationalizing your behavior. What you said was not constructive or helpful. A bigger man would admit it when called. QUOTE]

OK, I deleted the distracting John Wayne reference. How about now?

I wasn't rationalizing, I was being harassed by people taking statements out of context. Now you want to quit or shall I taunt you some more you empty headed food trough wiper? I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

Outside of that, GFY.

Sorry, but I view this thread is being useful up until about post #21, where the topic became about posters, rather than the topic. And a below-the-belt punch besides. Posters are allowed to give their opinions, and others can agree or not, and give well-constructed arguments to support their points. The personal attacks and name-calling detract from the topic.

Gotta agree on early morning flights to avoid the bumpies, and concur that a fully loaded 172 may be asking for trouble in warmer temps. 'Read too many reports...

The thing I find most interesting is no one ever gets banned for personal attacks on me, but as soon as I say something back, I get banned. :dunno:

You are in a 172 nearly at gross, hot temps, sick passengers and you think it is a good idea to fly down a gorge? Your decision making is poor at best my friend. You really need to stop and rethink your flight planning skills. If 2 out of 3 passengers are throwing up I think you failed miserably as PIC.

I once took my wife down the shore which is only about a 30-35 minute trip in a Cherokee. Not far enough to climb very high and a lot of the flight was through the Philly Bravo so while VFR I was also assigned a low altitude. It was July, Hot and Humid and my wife was not to happy about it ( mostly the hot air as opposed to the bumps) But she wanted to go down the shore so we dealt with it.

It served however to teach her a lesson, which was when I say lets leave early there is a reason. You learned a good lesson about comfort. I've gotten to the point where if its just Fx to be too hot and humid when I want to fly, I just bag it for another day and time.

If it's Pax or pilots, I agree, however this was family, so there is an extra consideration involved, getting them into the plane again. When family is reluctant to fly, flying activities typically curtail and the value of the aviation dollars already spent devalues. If your decisions make your family reluctant to fly, you have failed as PIC.

Doesn't sound offensive to me .... the statement is true, no matter how much someone hates the red text.

You are just rationalizing your behavior. What you said was not constructive or helpful. A bigger man would admit it when called. John Wayne spoke plainly but wasn't a jerk.

I think you misquoted and meant this for Geico who took the real shot ....

Here's a scenario: 4 pax onboard puking from mid day thermal activity, pilot on verge of puking due to the puke fest onboard. Pilots touches down with yaw damper engaged and wrecks plane. Couldn't happen? It did here at 5T6 Dona Ana. I think Geico and Henning were spot on ...

The thing I find most interesting is no one ever gets banned for personal attacks on me, but as soon as I say something back, I get banned. :dunno:

Well there is a learning opportunity here. Stop and think about this for a bit. Maybe if others are making statements that you consider a personal attack and they are not getting banned, just maybe those statements may be reflective of the truth about you? All someone has to do is try to wade through all your 60,000+ posts and see for themselves the true value that you bring here :rolleyes: The true nature of you is self-evident in your own posts.

Doesn't sound offensive to me .... the statement is true, no matter how much someone hates the red text.

Yeah being called a failure as a PIC is not offensive :rolleyes:

OP, all of us go through the process of learning how to make flights comfortable for our passengers. You have gone through this learning curve, that is all. You're not a failure, it's all part of learning.

Well there is a learning opportunity here. Stop and think about this for a bit. Maybe if others are making statements that you consider a personal attack and they are not getting banned, just maybe those statements may be reflective of the truth about you? All someone has to do is try to wade through all your 60,000+ posts and see for themselves the true value that you bring here :rolleyes: The true nature of you is self-evident in your own posts.

So explain to me why the same doesn't apply in reverse? I know, I just want your thoughts on it.

OP, all of us go through the process of learning how to make flights comfortable for our passengers. You have gone through this learning curve, that is all. You're not a failure, it's all part of learning.

Being offensive is not against the ROC, especially when it's the truth. If you create a situation where people no longer want to fly with you, you have failed at being PIC, your pilot abilities may be fine, but your command abilities are a failure.

I'm sleeping w/ Jesse.
Not sure about the others.

Being offensive is not against the ROC, especially when it's the truth. If you create a situation where people no longer want to fly with you, you have failed at being PIC, your pilot abilities may be fine, but your command abilities are a failure.

PIC is responsible for a safe flight. Comfort is optional. It's not as black and white as you portray it. Nor your judgment of 6PC's kids from when you got banned. Or most of your other opinions tbh.

Also on the other topic, you're kind of a jerk :dunno:

The Henning defense of "being offensive isn't against the ROC" taken. Especially if it's true :rolleyes2:

PIC is responsible for a safe flight. Comfort is optional. It's not as black and white as you portray it. Nor your judgment of 6PC's kids from when you got banned. Or most of your other opinions tbh.

The Henning defense of "being offensive isn't against the ROC" taken. Especially if it's true :rolleyes2:

I don't think that is what got him banned.
I think he called someone retarted on that same day.

Your every post is offensive due to your avatar. When in the **** did I judge 6PCs kids? Comfort is definitely optional, but if your family won't fly with you,moon you find that having a plane and going flying aren't optional anymore because they eat too much of the family's money for no return. Now you aren't PIC at all anymore, and that is a failure.

Sometimes Imwish I could be as stupid as you, it must be blissful.

I don't think that is what got him banned.
I think he called someone retarted on that same day.

Not like anyone's keeping track or anything

Since you're young I'll give you a piece of advice; when you limit thinking, you limit opportunity. Your attitude does not serve you well, and the way you project yourself is probably why you can't get a job. You don't even know me, and you believe you have earned the right to insult me. **** you you little inbred ****.
Are you really just that stupid? Seriously? Holy ****, and they gave you a pilot's license? **** me dead.
Gon**** yourself you retarded ****.

Your every post is offensive due to your avatar. When in the **** did I judge 6PCs kids? Comfort is definitely optional, but if your family won't fly with you,moon you find that having a plane and going flying aren't optional anymore because they eat too much of the family's money for no return. Now you aren't PIC at all anymore, and that is a failure.

Sometimes Imwish I could be as stupid as you, it must be blissful.

Esc key stops the avatar animation
In the thread where you judged 6PC in dealing with his kids
Moving the goalposts for failing to be PIC from not having a smooth flight to being an economic drain.

:dunno:

Esc key stops the avatar animation
In the thread where you judged 6PC in dealing with his kids
Moving the goalposts for failing to be PIC from not having a smooth flight to being an economic drain.

:dunno:

No escape key on an iPad. Heck, you're a drain of oxygen.

No escape key on an iPad. Heck, you're a drain of oxygen.

Henning, you're crossing the line.

Not that it's my call, but I think it might be a good idea to take a day and cool down.

Name calling isn't discourse, even in kind. Disagreement can be, with effort.

Henning, you're crossing the line.

Not that it's my call, but I think it might be a good idea to take a day and cool down.

Name calling isn't discourse, even in kind. Disagreement can be, with effort.

I really don't give a **** if I get permanently banned. I'm tired of these idiots.

In fact, while we are at it, why not say a pilot is a failure if he crashes or totals a plane? :rolleyes: 310s are double points.

It's too easy to poke holes. I agree, name calling is a bit much.

"Failed as PIC" is a little different than you're quote above. Today's PC world doesn't embrace failure whatsoever. Little Johnny needs a trophy, he showed up. That DPE is a real piece of work since he failed someone I know on their PPL - he must have had it out for him. <Whine ... whine> "It's not my fault". At least the OP took credit for getting his family sick.

In fact, while we are at it, why not say a pilot is a failure if he crashes or totals a plane? :rolleyes: 310s are double points.

Wow ... and you complain about Henning?

I freely admitted that was a failure on my part from the first word spoken when the FAA dude walked up, "What happened?" "I ****ed up". Hell, there's a whole thread here where I pointed out each of the failures so people could learn from mine. Why is it so hard for other people to accept when they **** up? I fail far more than I succeed, it's in the natural evolution of learning, to fail. You cannot progress to succeed unless you realize your failures though.

Last edited:
"Failed as PIC" is a little different than you're quote above. Today's PC world doesn't embrace failure whatsoever. Little Johnny needs a trophy, he showed up. That DPE is a real piece of work since he failed someone I know on their PPL - he must have had it out for him. <Whine ... whine> "It's not my fault". At least the OP took credit for getting his family sick.

Yep, nothing is ever anybodies fault, everybody is a winner, there is some boogeyman or other culture or someone else to blame for all the things that keep us down, never our own choices.:nono:

Yep, nothing is ever anybodies fault, everybody is a winner, there is some boogeyman or other culture or someone else to blame for all the things that keep us down, never our own choices.:nono:

I am special. My mommy said so...

He said the OP was a failure as PIC for an arbitrary reason. Since pointing out how arbitrary it was went over his head and caused him to move his definition of failure as a PIC, I gave him an equally invalid definition relevant to him. :dunno:

I freely admitted that was a failure on my part from the first word spoken when the FAA dude walked up, "What happened?" "I ****ed up". Hell, there's a whole thread here where I pointed out each of the failures so people could learn from mine. Why is it so hard for other people to accept when they **** up? I fail far more than I succeed, it's in the natural evolution of learning, to fail. You cannot progress to succeed unless you realize your failures though.

You bring up an instance in which something bad happened (not using the word failed) and it's a learning experience for everyone. OP shares a situation and gets advice and he's a "failure".

And which definition of PIC failure are you holding on to now?

And on top of that, you're completely contradicting yourself and your constant harping on how humanity is doomed due to X. Lehman bros, zionists, koch, whatever it is you say is bankrupting the world or killing everyone is exactly the behavior you parodied above.

He said the OP was a failure as PIC for an arbitrary reason. Since pointing out how arbitrary it was went over his head and caused him to move his definition of failure as a PIC, I gave him an equally invalid definition relevant to him. :dunno:

You bring up an instance in which something bad happened (not using the word failed) and it's a learning experience for everyone. OP shares a situation and gets advice and he's a "failure".

And which definition of PIC failure are you holding on to now?

Once again you bobble headed little twit, I did not say he failed, it was a general IF comment. Did you pass reading in school? Because your comprehension levels also appear to be in the failure zone. You must just be digging for an argument because I don't think it's possible to be as stupid as you make yourself appear and still be able to access the Internet. Now, GFY.

And on top of that, you're completely contradicting yourself and your constant harping on how humanity is doomed due to X. Lehman bros, zionists, koch, whatever it is you say is bankrupting the world or killing everyone is exactly the behavior you parodied above.

Are you really suggesting Henning is responsible for any of that?

It's a very badly stretched analogy. He did take responsibility for his gear-up. Blaming that on the circumstances might have merited this response, but I sure didn't see that happen.

Let's take a few steps back into the realm of discourse. BOTH of you. Flinging insults isn't useful for anyone. Even if both of you think it is deserved.

Once again you bobble headed little twit, I did not say he failed, it was a general IF comment.

I am going to use the same type of logic then.

I didn't call you a dick in post 21 then. I only gave you permission to be one sometimes. :yes:

I am going to use the same type of logic then.

I didn't call you a dick in post 21 then. I only gave you permission to be one sometimes. :yes:

I am a dick, I freely admit that. There is no part of human nature that has escaped me, and I embrace all of it when I feel it is appropriate.

I am a dick, I freely admit that. There is no part of human nature that has escaped me, and I embrace all of it when I feel it is appropriate.

:lol:

Only a twit would embrace being a dick. Not saying you're a twit. Just sayin' it's kind of a twittish thing to say ;)

This is entertaining.

Not very productive ...

But entertaining. Retards! <quick exit> :D

I forgot, what was this thread about again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back