Costco Roast Chicken

What do you think about Costco Chicken

• Total voters

Crashnburn

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Crashnburn
My YF and I don't always have time to cook, so because there's a Costco that's often on the way home, one or us will pick one up, and it's good for several meals.

Taste is good. I sometimes wonder about the abnormal size of the bird. Strikes me that it must have been pumped full of antibiotics and steroids to get that wholly unnatural result.

They’re even better when pulled apart and used for buffalo chicken dip.

Periodically, I'll get the pig cooker out and grab ten or so raw costco chickens and smoke them. I'll then run them through the foodsaver and put them in the freezer.
When we're at a loss for what to have for dinner, you just throw one of these in the microwave.

Thanks for the info on plumping. I always try to find the biggest chicken that is the brownest on the shelf. The price is per chicken, not per pound, so I'm not paying extra for salt water, regardless.

Safeway chicken is smaller, and at least 50% more expensive. My YF and MIL prefer that, but they'll eat Costco roast chicken when I bring it home.

The Costco chicken is definitely a good value for cooked ready-to-eat chicken, but we have a bunch of Peruvian chicken places around here that make an awesome rotisserie chicken. It's about twice the price but still a food value in my opinion. And I don't have to get lost in Costco and spend $200 on stuff I don't need in the process.

Taste is good. I sometimes wonder about the abnormal size of the bird. Strikes me that it must have been pumped full of antibiotics and steroids to get that wholly unnatural result.

There are no hormones or steroids that are legal to feed to poultry. Antibiotics are still an issue for meat production, but use of medically important ones for humans are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.

There are no hormones or steroids that are legal to feed to poultry. Antibiotics are still an issue for meat production, but use of medically important ones for humans are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.

I always chuckle at how some chicken companies boast about "No Antibiotics" on their packaging.

Rich

Actually, you're seeing less antibiotics in poultry these days. Between public outcry and the fact that it's been determined that it really doesn't help but does drive the cost up has really diminshed its use. If you want a good read on the subject get the gook "Big Chicken" by Maryn McKenna.

I know Costco has chicken, but I did not know they offered cooked chicken. As to their uncooked, I've eaten plenty of it.

We don't have a Costco nearby just Sam's club but they have basically the same thing. It's good chicken for a ready to go meal but if I have the time I can do better.

Actually, you're seeing less antibiotics in poultry these days. Between public outcry and the fact that it's been determined that it really doesn't help but does drive the cost up has really diminshed its use. If you want a good read on the subject get the gook "Big Chicken" by Maryn McKenna.

I have a few chickens and am pretty involved. My opinion is that antibiotics should be allowed under the care of a vet when medically necessary using meds that aren’t critical for human health.

I’m not terribly interested in agenda driven journalism hyped up to sell books.

YF, young friend ala Jeffrey Epstein?? ;)

COSCO chicken,, tonights dinner

Back