Cost of Garmin EIS installed

WannFly

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Priyo
anybody got GI-275 (EIS) installed? what kind of installed price are we seeing?

No, i am not doing it, just starting this thread for the benefit of the community :)

If you have to ask the price... :D

I just asked Gulf Coast Avionics for a quote to install two GI-275 EIS’s for my 310 last week.
They came back at $30k and 120 hours of install labor. Might be half for a single engine.

I decided to pass for now. I thought the price was ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just asked Gulf Coast Avionics for a quote to install two GI-275 EIS’s for my 310 last week.
They came back at $30k and 120 hours of install labor. Might be half for a single engine.
So about 10 hours per cylinder. :)

when i had the EDM 830 installed i think i paid for about 25 hrs for install, think the EIS is more involved if you have to change fuel senders etc

I recently had an EI CGR-30C/30P combo installed. Ticket was 40 hours plus 1 hour for the CO2 monitor. I would guess labor would be in the same ballpark.

I wouldn’t even consider trying to reuse exiting fuel quantity floats if the airplane has them, most of them are shot and a digital instrument won’t “sorta work” like the analog instruments do.

I recently called some of the local shops as well as some of the big boys in FL and the rough quotes coming back were all in the 40 hour range. I was asking about the JPI 830 and the 275 (think there was an EI product, too). The hours to install were all settling around 40 hours. Maybe a good baseline?

I wouldn’t even consider trying to reuse exiting fuel quantity floats if the airplane has them, most of them are shot and a digital instrument won’t “sorta work” like the analog instruments do.

I had CiES senders put in when my G3X with EIS was installed, and they were worth every penny.

I decided to pass for now. I thought the price was ridiculous.

That is insane.....

I had CiES senders put in when my G3X with EIS was installed, and they were worth every penny.
i have the same senders... they are pretty awesome. i still carry a lot of fuel, but i know those senders are accurate to about .2 gal. totally worth it

I recently called some of the local shops as well as some of the big boys in FL and the rough quotes coming back were all in the 40 hour range. I was asking about the JPI 830 and the 275 (think there was an EI product, too). The hours to install were all settling around 40 hours. Maybe a good baseline?
4cyl? 6cyl?

In a C172N with O-360-A4M 180hp 4 cylinder engine - $11.5K. This includes 2 CEiS fuel senders and removing all the old engine instruments.

In a C172N with O-360-A4M 180hp 4 cylinder engine - $11.5K. This includes 2 CEiS fuel senders and removing all the old engine instruments.

Much better than the quote I received.

Back