Coolest thing you saw at Oshkosh 2017

denverpilot

Tied Down
Display Name

Display name:
DenverPilot
Since I can't be there, I'll start the thread... nothing...

But curious what the attendees thought was the coolest thing this year.

Not there but saw a Great Britain Registered Twister (G-FUUN) at my home drome. Guy flew from the U.K. and stopped on his way to Oshkosh.

Cheers

Not there but saw a Great Britain Registered Twister (G-FUUN) at my home drome. Guy flew from the U.K. and stopped on his way to Oshkosh.

Cheers

I saw that plane and wondered if it actually flew from Europe for the show. Cool.

Talked to a couple that flew in a DA-62 from Stuttgart. Also the first production 172 is pretty neat. I never thought I'd drool over a 172 :D

It'd tow a glider... well, on a cold day... at sea level... :)

I saw, and thought was cool, several moments when a parent -usually Dad, was showing kids something aviation, and obviously trying to instill appreciation or spark interest. From age 2 and up!
I also saw many older youngsters who obviously had keen interest.

b0afa895-2a36-4a98-bb9d-07970102d0bf_1.ad7dbf5dd3a667620826e0d7911b7936.jpeg

Didn't make it this year. That's two years in a row after being there 3 out of the previous 4. :(

However, I will say my favorite part of Oshkosh this year was reading the excitement that poured out of the postings of some POA folks who made their first pilgrimage this year. Cool stuff!

Two B-29s in the air with 10 or so B-25s. Unprecedented in decades.

Fun to see known forum friends and meet others in person for the first time.

To echo Letsgoflying, yes, great to see families, parents/kids, young fliers, young folks, etc. The crowd seemed happier and younger than years past.

Meeting Joe Engle at the bar at MKE, and having absolutely no idea who he was until after he left.

Strangest plane I have ever seen.
be2974d82e2c53c2ca46c379bac8ddd4.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last living Apollo astronauts.
And they are going quickly. It will be a sad day when the last Moon walker croaks. Cernan and Mitchel died recently, and I think Young is in tough shape.

God speed to all Apollo...

I have drank beers with most of them.

Meh... you know what I meant. :rolleyes:

I don't think your cool BIL was here talking to thousands of folks here at Oshkosh...just say'n.

Maybe they'll have him next year? :)

Unfortunately we aren't related anymore. You know, divorces and what-not. But it's still cool to know we've hung out with him at a BBQ in days past. Super nice guy.

It's interesting to me that he can Tweet from ISS.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Astro2fish

That photo he took of the Expedition 52 crew launching to arrive "on his six" is pretty neat.

Back