Contrails: a threat to us all.

ebykowsky

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
goalstop
There are chemicals in contrails! You are wrong if you say otherwise. A new poster on the forums brought this to my attention today, and after some extensive research, it turns out that the chemical dihydrogen monoxide is the main component in these "chemtrails" I did some research on the chemical, and what I found may shock you. Dihydrogen monoxide is deadly if breathed in in its liquid form, and toxic if too much is imbibed. There have been recorded deaths due to overconsumption of the chemical, and worst of all, it is in the air we breathe, all of our waterways and drinking water, and is even used by farmers who spray their crops with the chemical. Your kids may even have this chemical in their bodies right now. I demand we do something immediately about this and stop airplanes from spraying the chemical all over our earth. Many sources even believe that dihydrogen monoxide is the #1greenhouse gas on earth. Let us stand idly by no longer!

Well, either the OP is young or hasn't been awake for the last 30 years because "the contrail conspiracy" has been circulating (both for real and as a joke) for as long as I can remember.

I had a lady barber tell me the whole story (and was quite serious about it) in about 1982 when I was in Newport Beach.

I prefer hydrogen hydroxide

HCl + NaOH ==> NaCl + H+ (hydrogen ion) + OH- (hydroxide ion)

Plus, no one calls H2S dihydrogen monosulfide. Even Hydric Acid sounds better.

Last edited:
Well, either the OP is young or hasn't been awake for the last 30 years because "the contrail conspiracy" has been circulating (both for real and as a joke) for as long as I can remember.

I had a lady barber tell me the whole story (and was quite serious about it) in about 1982 when I was in Newport Beach.

That DHMO joke is older than dirt, too.

Yes, I'm aware of it, and the thread was in response to some idiot who interrupted 5 unrelated threads today to warn us about it.

c'mon guys, its CHEMtrails - not CONtrails , , , , get your trails straight, will ya?!

Dihydrogen monoxide is deadly if breathed in in its liquid form, and toxic if too much is imbibed.

That reminds me of some old poems (must be the fumes)...

Willie was thirsty in chemistry,
But now he is nevermore.
For what he thought was H2O
Was H2SO4!

Willie thought that life was a bore,
So he drank some H2SO4.
But his dad was an M.D.
Who gave him some CaCO3.
Now Willie's neutralized, it's true,
But he's also full of CO2!

Little Willie in the best of sashes,
Fell into the fire and was burnt to ashes.
By and by the room grew chilly,
But no one liked to poke up Willie.

You are all going to flame me, but there is good scientific evidence that contrails change climate in heavily trafficked areas, specifically around the US Eastern seaboard.

You are all going to flame me, but there is good scientific evidence that contrails change climate in heavily trafficked areas, specifically around the US Eastern seaboard.

I KNEW those UFO - unrecognizable military looking aircraft - sightings in Florida, were due to global warming caused by AIRPLANES.

Hey that stuff is no joke. It's in our food and our rivers and the ocean. Our bodies are full of it too!

Clouds - which is all contrails are - affect the weather? No F'in way!!!

There are chemicals in contrails! You are wrong if you say otherwise. A new poster on the forums brought this to my attention today, and after some extensive research, it turns out that the chemical dihydrogen monoxide is the main component in these "chemtrails"

LMAO!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Someone needs a lesson in basic chemistry.

Ever heard of H2O? Di = two mono = one

Dihydrogen monoxide. That just kills me. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

WHAT????!!!! There are chemicals in the exhaust from jet engines????? :yikes: I thought it was the magic pixie dust that unicorns came from....... :dunno:

A bit off-topic but a huge pet peeve of mine is when the natural/green types complain about chemicals in the food/water/air/whatever without naming the chemical.

If they don't name the chemical that I'm specifically supposed to be worried about I just assume they have no idea what they're talking about and ignore them.

A bit off-topic but a huge pet peeve of mine is when the natural/green types complain about chemicals in the food/water/air/whatever without naming the chemical.

If they don't name the chemical that I'm specifically supposed to be worried about I just assume they have no idea what they're talking about and ignore them.

I'm with you, I get that food/air/water safety is a big deal, but all it is is chemicals so a little specificity is needed if I'm going to become alarmed:wink2:

Part of the anti-science rhetoric that is taking over the public discourse. Chemicals are bad.

Or just brainwashed by corporations and republicans.

:lol:
I have met people who think that I am just that because I think that profit is not a four letter word.

And I have met just as many people who think that I have been brainwashed because I don't think the bible is literal history.

I will not take that any further lest the thread go SZ

Oh it happens on both sides.

Two people, both having grown up in different sorts of places with different sorts of friends and life experiences suddenly meet up and discover they have vastly different ways of looking at things and vastly different opinions.

To each person it's just inconceivable that any rational intelligent person could feel differently. However, the person in front of them seems to be quite rational and intelligent.... doesn't take much of a leap to assume they've based their positions on false information/brainwashing.

Few people are smart enough to see what's really happening and far fewer have the patience.

In some ways it's a relief to attain the age that allows you to just look at them and pretend you didn't hear them. It saves answering a lot of damnfool questions too.

One of my pet-peeves is "all natural". Poison ivey and strychnine occur naturally, but I sure don't want to eat them.

OMG I was going to go fly tomorrow but now perhaps I won't go. I wouldn't want to get close to those nasty trails.

(Kidding - saw a show on National Geo via Netflix - it was a series which included Bigfoot, this crap, and other myths)

(Kidding - saw a show on National Geo via Netflix - it was a series which included Bigfoot, this crap, and other myths)

Meanwhile, Discovery hosts shows that hunt for Bigfoot, and the History Channel teaches us how aliens from outer space must have helped the Egyptians.

One of my pet-peeves is "all natural". Poison ivey and strychnine occur naturally, but I sure don't want to eat them.

My favorite is the naturally occurring outcropping of ASBESTOS at Clear Creek (50 miles east of King City). Asbestos is closely related to serpentinite. The latter is very common in the Coast Ranges.

Mercury (well, cinnabar) and arsenic are also natural.

Clouds - which is all contrails are - affect the weather? No F'in way!!!

I looked up today at a milky sky from all the contrails and I recalled the week after 9/11 remembering just how BLUE the sky became. Create a light cloud layer over the US. No affect? :dunno:

A lot of that evidence comes from the period after 9/11, right? When they all suddenly disappeared and cloud cover plumetted...(not snarky, that's a legit question)

HOLY CRAP!

I'm not the only one!

Every time someone says something is "all natural" implying that means "healthy" I offer to procure some all natural arsenic for the individual.

Meanwhile, Discovery hosts shows that hunt for Bigfoot, and the History Channel teaches us how aliens from outer space must have helped the Egyptians.

And don't forget the esteemed BBC. It was just a couple of years ago that they hosted a documentary examining the question of whether or not Apollo astronauts had actually landed on the moon. I emailed them after that and suggested they do one on whether or not the earth was flat. Didn't get a reply.

Back