Commercial Written Passed

CC268

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
CC268
Took the Commercial Written this morning. Did pretty good with a 92%. I made the cardinal sin of changing a few answers at the end of the test. So stupid. I should have had a ~95%.

I used the King Course. Went through the entire question bank (~800 questions) twice and then took the three practice exams and one random generated exam.

I have to say, there were very few questions I recognized from the King Course, but of course if you know the content it isn't too bad. Took me about 1 hour 30 mins. Less calculation questions than I thought I would get. I had one HSI question that was totally bizarre - I got it wrong. I'm sure the super pilots of PoA wouldn't have missed this one :)

So the easy part is done, hoping to start the flying portion once it cools down a bit. I'm really hoping to get the CSEL and CMEL done this year. Might be pushing it, but that is the goal. CFI next year.

Last edited:
Congratulationss. I am studying for the commercial written now. I am curious how old the King course was you used. I know they revised the written in the not too distant past and I am wondering if the King course has not been updated yet. Good luck the rest of the way.

Congratulationss. I am studying for the commercial written now. I am curious how old the King course was you used. I know they revised the written in the not too distant past and I am wondering if the King course has not been updated yet. Good luck the rest of the way.

The King Course is certainly updated to the ACS. The thing is, from what I can tell, the FAA has done a good job of updating their test bank for the ACS. So many of these Online Ground Schools are no longer presenting the questions word for word - which is fine. The important part is that you know the content. My Instrument Written was just like that too. Very few of the questions were from the King Course.

Thanks -
I have not taken a written in 15 years and am curious what to expect.

Congrats C! Big milestone bro!

Congrats C! Big milestone bro!

It ain't over until I get the CFI! But yea...starting to see a tiny bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

I though a Cardinal's sin was playing with little boys. :happydance:

But, congrats and wishing you continued success. :rockon:

Lol I figured someone might comment on that!

It ain't over until I get the CFI! But yea...starting to see a tiny bit of light at the end of the tunnel.
No... it ain’t over till you get the ATP.
That’s the highest pilot certificate. Type ratings after that...

ETA- a CFI Isn’t even a pilot certificate.

Last edited:
No... it ain’t over till you get the ATP.
That’s the highest pilot certificate. Type ratings after that...

ETA- a CFI Isn’t even a pilot certificate.

Yes sir!

FF230724-18F8-4404-A2A5-3522629A9416.jpeg

Last edited:
Congrats,I enjoyed the maneuvers in the flight test for the commercial.

I’m jealous. I watched all the king videos but have slacked off on the test prep. Hope to get back on it soon!

You guys are the best online friends I ever had :cool:

212 is not bad... with you owning you will be at 250 no time.

Yea I’m planning to start the training at 230. 10 hours complex and probably 10 hours learning the maneuvers and bam checkride ready

Lol yea right I’d never post vids on here for all my PoA haters to see.
I'd be your #1 PoA H8ter... lol

tenor (1).gif
hatehatehate-gif-9990438

Yea I’m planning to start the training at 230. 10 hours complex and probably 10 hours learning the maneuvers and bam checkride ready

Why don't you spend the 10 hours in complex learning the maneuvers, and then just hit the checkride in it?
Saves 10 hours...

Took the Commercial Written this morning. Did pretty good with a 92%. I made the cardinal sin of changing a few answers at the end of the test. So stupid. I should have had a ~95%.

I used the King Course. Went through the entire question bank (~800 questions) twice and then took the three practice exams and one random generated exam.

I have to say, there were very few questions I recognized from the King Course, but of course if you know the content it isn't too bad. Took me about 1 hour 30 mins. Less calculation questions than I thought I would get. I had one HSI question that was totally bizarre - I got it wrong. I'm sure the super pilots of PoA wouldn't have missed this one :)

So the easy part is done, hoping to start the flying portion once it cools down a bit. I'm really hoping to get the CSEL and CMEL done this year. Might be pushing it, but that is the goal. CFI next year.

Good job. You’re getting closer to the flow of aviation bucks reversing course and coming back at you

Why don't you spend the 10 hours in complex learning the maneuvers, and then just hit the checkride in it?
Saves 10 hours...

I’m a horrible pilot so it takes me a while to learn everything. Plus I got all this money burning a hole in my pocket :(

I’ll maybe consider it.

In the short term

Or forever if all you got the Commercial for, is to do the CFI ratings and teach. :)

Current payback on my ratings is about ten years.

I knew that going in. Not a complaint, a reality.

The largest local school pays their instructors about half of what they collect from students, which isn’t what a golf instructor makes.

I hate golf, so I’ll stick with airplanes. :)

Or forever if all you got the Commercial for, is to do the CFI ratings and teach. :)

Current payback on my ratings is about ten years.

I knew that going in. Not a complaint, a reality.

The largest local school pays their instructors about half of what they collect from students, which isn’t what a golf instructor makes.

I hate golf, so I’ll stick with airplanes. :)

Yea CFI’ing isn’t a lucrative thing that’s for sure lol. My instructor for PPL made $20/hr. Instrument instructor was an independent guy and charged $60/hr.

But if your doing it for fun it doesn’t matter too much!

Back