Commercial Confusion

Copy and paste error. I'll correct my post momentarily. I almost gave you a DC-3 seaplane rating but that would almost make sense in the real world, so I rescinded it. :)
I had a buddy years ago who was plotting a way for us to do that, but it would require the AMES first, so we ended up not.

I hope your confusion continues and you never get your commercial pilot license. At least not until you correct your respect for the rules. Your flippant attitude toward the regulations will get people killed and I don’t think that they should pay you for the privilege.

Your projecting. Stop it.

I did the 300nm yesterday. Alone.

You don't comprehend thr difference between someone writing things anonymously online vs doing something in reality.

Your extremely one dimensional. How you are now is how you are in person. If you do something stupid or wrong,you don't learn from it and in fact double down on what you did wrong and think you did nothing wrong.

One dimensional people like you can't learn but always project on others.

Quit projecting.

Out of 500+ practical tests I've conducted, I'm guessing... perhaps 100 have been commercial?

One time, had an applicant with instrument rating, but mis-logged the 10 hours of instrument training. Once.

Had one applicant who did not understand the definition of the word "solo" for his long cross-country flight. He needed to re-fly that without a passenger.

No applicant of mine has ever misunderstood, or mis-logged the TAA/complex requirement.

That's it. Out of 100, or 125, or whatever it's been. I disagree that the regulation is written in an unclear way. It is very clear. Learners may need to rely on instructors at various stages to properly interpret 14 CFR, but they should be straightforward conversations leading to understanding/application level comprehension very, very quickly. There's no logical reason for persistent confusion on these matters relating to required aeronautical experience.

You don't comprehend thr difference between someone writing things anonymously online vs doing something in reality.
I don't either. How do YOU do that?

It sounds like a variation of, "It's OK to lie as long as you don't get caught", although it's rare for someone like that to seek out instructions for the best way to do that.

I think that’s the definition of a troll.

So, now you are saying that everything you wrote, every question you asked, ever supposed confusion you expressed, should have been ignored. Every response trying to help was a complete wast of time.

Talk about being “one dimensional.”

If I were in the Admin of this forum, I be voting to ban you. All I can do is ignore you. Bye.

I look at the commercial certificate as something like a diploma for higher education, and I like to think that everyone who has one met at least the minimum standards. Would you want to go to a doctor who cheated his way through medical school? How about sharing airspace with someone who did the same thing?

Last edited:
Out of 500+ practical tests I've conducted, I'm guessing... perhaps 100 have been commercial?

One time, had an applicant with instrument rating, but mis-logged the 10 hours of instrument training. Once.

Had one applicant who did not understand the definition of the word "solo" for his long cross-country flight. He needed to re-fly that without a passenger.

No applicant of mine has ever misunderstood, or mis-logged the TAA/complex requirement.

That's it. Out of 100, or 125, or whatever it's been. I disagree that the regulation is written in an unclear way. It is very clear. Learners may need to rely on instructors at various stages to properly interpret 14 CFR, but they should be straightforward conversations leading to understanding/application level comprehension very, very quickly. There's no logical reason for persistent confusion on these matters relating to required aeronautical experience.

Ok Mr dpe so your saying despite the fact I have well over 10 hours TAA and simulated instrument# that now I need to do another 10 hours TAA and instrument for commercial?

So really commercial is 30 hours. 10 hours TAA/Complex
10 hours instrument
10 hours solo. I'm already don't with the 10 hours solo part, well, that depends on what you mean by do a traffic pattern at night at a controlled airport. So does that mean LAND and then do a pattern or just enter the traffic pattern and land without doing another lap in the pattern?

Ok Mr dpe so your saying despite the fact I have well over 10 hours TAA and simulated instrument# that now I need to do another 10 hours TAA and instrument for commercial?

So really commercial is 30 hours. 10 hours TAA/Complex
10 hours instrument
10 hours solo. I'm already don't with the 10 hours solo part, well, that depends on what you mean by do a traffic pattern at night at a controlled airport. So does that mean LAND and then do a pattern or just enter the traffic pattern and land without doing another lap in the pattern?

No. I'm not saying that.

I'd suggest spending some time with your instructor - and perhaps ask a senior instructor to join him. Take 14 CFR 61.129 line by line and read it for exactly what it says - nothing more.

I'm not sure why this simple aeronautical experience matter is so confusing to you, but take heart... you're not the first and certainly won't be the last to get wound around the axle when it comes to comprehending requirements for FAA pilot certificates and ratings. Regardless, at this point it's clear that the folks responding to you on this forum are not going to be able to help you. Moving this off-line and getting a fresh look at it is for the best.

Good luck!

Your projecting. Stop it.

I did the 300nm yesterday. Alone.

Your extremely one dimensional. How you are now is how you are in person. If you do something stupid or wrong,you don't learn from it and in fact double down on what you did wrong and think you did nothing wrong.

One dimensional people like you can't learn but always project on others.

Quit projecting.
Projecting requires at least a second dimension, so I don't think I can be both one-dimensional and projecting. Perhaps you found a mirror and got confused. I've heard that's a common problem for birds. I don't know why you would read any of my posts here as an invitation to attempt to insult me, but I'm not interested in your reasons. You've failed at the attempt.

Ironically, your suggestion that I don't understand the difference between you writing things anonymously online (e.g. your suggestion that other pilots should defraud the FAA by lying in their logbooks to get around the regulations regarding pilot certification) and doing something in reality undermines any claim you might have to know what I am like in reality, which you base on my posts here. But there is one thing that requires correction. Even if you never learn how to read the aviation regulations, your membership here is conditioned on reading and following the POA Rules of Conduct, which explain, among other things, the non-anonymous nature of the forum. Here is a link for your convenience: https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/help/RoC/

I stand behind my posts. Your attitudes toward the regulations and your integrity are far short of what a commercial pilot needs. You can, as I suggested, correct your attitudes and honestly earn a commercial pilot license. But it will require you to make that choice and act on it. As others you have feebly tried to insult here have pointed out, you need to work with a CFI on these things because you are clearly not able to learn from this forum. This has been my last attempt to help you. Good luck out there.

Back