Colorado POA

No - he's a long hour in the wrong direction. Besides one shouldn't pick-up strays...

You've got your Commercial - make him pay for the extra time & fuel

(*evil laugh*)

You've got your Commercial - make him pay for the extra time & fuel

(*evil laugh*)

Since it's his plane, that would require a 135 Air Taxi Operator certificate.;) A CPL alone only allows you to fly someone else's personal plane for hire. In order to fly others for hire requires the Operator to have a 135 cert and the pilot to have passed a 135 ride under that certificate.

My water is frozen again, I might be too ripe to get in a plane.:rofl:

Water....:dunno: Frozen in Wyoming this time of year :dunno::dunno:...

Come on Henning, that is the oldest excuse in the book....;):rofl:..

We are having heat wave up here...was -29 at this time a couple of days ago.. it's a balmy -13 this morning......

Now , where are my swimming trucks and beach umbrella..:rolleyes::lol:

Hi all, thanks for the great lunch.

The book I was talking about was "Pacific Clipper: The Untold Story"
http://www.flyingclippers.com/postflight/6580-X.html
It looks like it's out of print, darn it. No reasonably priced ones I could find.

There's another version of the story, "The Long Way Home"
http://www.amazon.com/Long-Way-Home-Ed-Dover/dp/061521472X
That version is written in a dramatic format, in present tense as if you are there. I don't know, since the other is unavailable that may have to do instead.

Thanks again!

I avoided the thread after coming down with an awful cold. Decided it'd just make me cranky that I couldn't go flying. :(

Hope y'all had a nice lunch. Who all made it to PUB today?

Made it. Murphy was nice enough to not only haul me down there, but to also let me fly most of the way back. Trying to get me to cross over to the dark side no doubt, to low wings! :D

Made it. Murphy was nice enough to not only haul me down there, but to also let me fly most of the way back. Trying to get me to cross over to the dark side no doubt, to low wings! :D

And sitting on the ramp, just across from the self-serve at FTG, was this very nice Cherokee for sale....

More important, this was the first really good test of the newly overhauled cylinders. In cruise, CHTs range of 352-362 rock solid on all 4 cylinders. Kept it at 8500 MSL and 2600-2650 RPM the almost the entire 2 hours.

8 more hours of this, and I can declare the engine broken in ... again...And time for the 10 hour oil change and sample to Blackstone.

Only taken 15 months, $XXXX and far too much aggravation.

Last edited:
Also, here's the video of the C17 landing accidentally at Peter O Knight airport's 3500 foot Runway 22 instead of MacDill AFB's 11,400 foot Runway 22

http://youtu.be/nkuqsd_tRHw

And sitting on the ramp, just across from the self-serve at FTG, was this very nice Cherokee for sale....

More important, this was the first really good test of the newly overhauled cylinders. In cruise, CHTs range of 352-362 rock solid on all 4 cylinders. Kept it at 8500 MSL and 2600-2650 RPM the almost the entire 2 hours.

8 more hours of this, and I can declare the engine broken in ... again...And time for the 10 hour oil change and sample to Blackstone.

Only taken 15 months, $XXXX and far too much aggravation.

Yay!

(Not about the $$$ but that you have good temps!!!)

Would it be too much to suggest we add home airport next to the name so we know who is where?

Would it be too much to suggest we add home airport next to the name so we know who is where?
Nah...we just consider everyone in Colorado to be just around the corner or across the ramp getting ready to fly to next lunch. Aint that the reason we have airplanes?

Most of us are based along the Front Range, COS north to EIK and everything in between. Add in SBS and other western slope folks, and I think that pretty much includes everyone.

Anyone based at PUB?

Last edited:
Thanks. I feel much better now.

I think we've just corrupted Bill Totten...he's reading this over my shoulder at FTG. So, Mark, you still practicing out there or decided to be a full time CFI?

Back