Colorado POA

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
Not much to do right now - no airplane, can't ski (knees), don't want to clean house, really don't want to get near a shopping mall, too cold to take the dog to the park....(*whine*)

So, I've been assembling the list of Colorado POA'ers. Right now I've got 23, which may be the single largest collection. Did I miss anyone? I'm sure I did.

Once I get a working airplane (again), and go thru the rigamarole of doing *another* engine break-in, we really must get together in the new year and show off all the new goodies y'all got for Christmas/Hanukah/winter solstice/whatever. More important, we can see the new photos of TinyTeller, now 14 months old and developing a great personality!
agflyboy
Arc
bjc-cherokee
bonker
bushy mustache
cbmontogo
clark1961
coflyboy
colopilot
copperblu
denverpilot
dhindmanjr
ejensen
eric
everskyward
eyeflying
G K
gauzeguy
gkainz
ionosphere80
izzydogg
jjflys
john_at_salida
l8evator
LBCAK
mtn2skies
murphey
O-200
pikespeakmtnman
pilotalan
pilotod
sportpilotco
stagecoachco
steve

And honorable mention:
* midlifeflyer
* teller1900
* * random

Last edited:
I'm in! Thanks for assembling the list it's great!

Do California members count, given that people on the East coast lump everything West of Kansas in to one category?

Teller and Tiny Teller moved to Wichita. Sad for us but I think happily for them.

Teller and Tiny Teller moved to Wichita. Sad for us but I think happily for them.

*sniff*

But happy warm fuzzies make even Wichita a good place. Tony Scarpelli's there (and others) so they have flying friends close by.

*sniff*

But happy warm fuzzies make even Wichita a good place. Tony Scarpelli's there (and others) so they have flying friends close by.
Tony and Leah Condon are there too, as well as some of the other Teller clan, and I get to "visit" every six months.

Murph, Doug is hiding here somewhere too bunt ever posts and I don't know his username.

There are probably a few additions to that list. PilotOD (or something like that) a fairly new PP who flies out of BJC. There's some skier guy out at the boat. And there's PikesPeak somethingerother in the Springs (maybe I'm dougle counting on this one).

Anyway, I'm back in Colorado right now but www is only a phone call away...

There are probably a few additions to that list. PilotOD (or something like that) a fairly new PP who flies out of BJC. There's some skier guy out at the boat. And there's PikesPeak somethingerother in the Springs (maybe I'm dougle counting on this one).

Anyway, I'm back in Colorado right now but www is only a phone call away...

Hoping those that I forgot/couldn't find will chime in and I'll add them to the list.

Update: got Doug and pikepeakmtnman, others I've missed, please add to the list.

Last edited:
Do California members count, given that people on the East coast lump everything West of Kansas in to one category?

Nah - ya gotta be in the time zone that doesn't exist, according to the CNN and Fox.

Not much to do right now - no airplane, can't ski (knees), don't want to clean house, really don't want to get near a shopping mall, too cold to take the dog to the park....(*whine*)

So, I've been assembling the list of Colorado POA'ers. Right now I've got 23, which may be the single largest collection. Did I miss anyone? I'm sure I did.

Once I get a working airplane (again), and go thru the rigamarole of doing *another* engine break-in, we really must get together in the new year and show off all the new goodies y'all got for Christmas/Hanukah/winter solstice/whatever. More important, we can see the new photos of TinyTeller, now 14 months old and developing a great personality!

bjc-cherokee
bonker
bushy mustache
cbmontogo
clark1961
coflyboy
denverpilot
ejensen
eric
everskyward
eyeflying
gauzeguy
gkainz
izzydogg
jjflys
l8evator
* midlifeflyer
mtn2skies
murphey
pilotalan
sportpilotco
stagecoachco
* teller1900
O-200
dhindmanjr
pikespeakmtnman
pilotod

Im from eastern plain of Colorado. Stratton

Add me to the list, JohnWF flying out of Harriet Alexander Airfield near Salida in an RV-12 after selling my RV-6A. Very active flier.

I'm one and the same...pilotod/eyeflying. I thought when signing up I had to have two different id's.

I fly out of Erie/KEIK, about a par 6 away from my house.

I'm going to start a New England POA group so I can rival the CO one!

It could happen right? :)

Altho we're almost a week out, the weather for Saturday (1/6) is tentatively looking a bit warmer and sunny. No indication of winds probably - need to wait until Thurs or Friday for better forecast.

Anyone interested in going someplace Saturday or Sunday? Start the New Year off right.

Altho we're almost a week out, the weather for Saturday (1/6) is tentatively looking a bit warmer and sunny. No indication of winds probably - need to wait until Thurs or Friday for better forecast.

Anyone interested in going someplace Saturday or Sunday? Start the New Year off right.

Sunday would be good!

I'm good for sunday (all day) or saturday evening... if it is BJC or BDU or EIK or APA

Last edited:
Thanks for adding me to the list...I'm certainly interested in hanging out with the cool kids. I didn't want to invite myself into the club since I'm still just a wannabe pilot but I won't talk myself out of it...LOL

Thanks for adding me to the list...I'm certainly interested in hanging out with the cool kids. I didn't want to invite myself into the club since I'm still just a wannabe pilot but I won't talk myself out of it...LOL

Aint no club, and trust me, we're not all that "cool", altho it was incredibly cold today while I was shoveling snow away from the hangar door. Besides, it's always fun to match face with name.

Can I borrow someone's plane for the trip? I'll wash it afterwards :)

If I'm not in www, I can haul self loading freight or designated passengers. Supposedly the 'Kota is s airworthy.

Please add me as a proud Colorado almost-pilot. I'm a post-solo student pilot a week or so from my checkride.

Live in Boulder, flying out of Broomfield (KBJC) in a nice 152 Sparrowhawk (125 hp conversion really works well). I'm very fortunate - four cool airports within an easy drive: KBDU, KBJC, KEIK, KLMO.

I'd love to be part of social stuff, hangar flying, etc. I know where the good breweries are! (Yeah, that's pretty easy around here).

If I'm not in www, I can haul self loading freight or designated passengers. Supposedly the 'Kota is s airworthy.

I can stop by APA and pick up one or two pax. I didn't see the 'Kota in the shop late last week, so I assume it's tucked away in its hangar.

I have the on-call problem Sat and Sun. My days off next week are Wed, Thurs, Fri.

I'm also in Colorado, I fly out of BJC. I read POA a lot but post rarely.

Back