Colorado POA

Respect. Tough airport to fly into for my mountain checkout. What plane do you typically fly?

We have two Cherokee 235s up here. Just made a trip to CYS, ran into some ice heading home last week, landed at FNL for a few hours. That and one trip to COS is the extent of my non mountain flying! A bit of heli time in AK too.

Won't be able to make it this weekend, but maybe a few weeks out we might join you guys somewhere!

I will not be able to make it next weekend. Will be in Vegas sat through wed looking at cool electronics!!!

There are probably a few additions to that list. PilotOD (or something like that) a fairly new PP who flies out of BJC. There's some skier guy out at the boat. And there's PikesPeak somethingerother in the Springs (maybe I'm dougle counting on this one).

Anyway, I'm back in Colorado right now but www is only a phone call away...

Several per day...:rofl:

I'm going to start a New England POA group so I can rival the CO one!

It could happen right? :)

I tried to start a Wyoming branch of the POA...

So far there is 1 pilot, 312,548 sheep, 47,831 antelope, 469 wolves and 29 grizzlies,,, but they are still sleepin.:eek:

Our banner will be a "slightly shreaded windsock that might have been damaged by some higher wind gusts...:goofy:..

Ok all you Wyominite pilots,,, sign up now ..:yes:;) ..

Ps..... there is a castaway down in Baggs Wy that wants to be included, but my probation officer forbids me to be associated with his type.:hairraise::redface:

No, Clark is in Denver, he moved me to Wyoming...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm just 25 miles or so north of Colorado outside Baggs Wy.

WTH??? Really? There is no navigable water anywhere near Baggs. What the hell are you doing there?

WTH??? Really? There is no navigable water anywhere near Baggs. What the hell are you doing there?
From the Town of Baggs website:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Our small community of 440 people enjoy the best of all worlds with Medicine Bow National Forest to our east and the desert containing wild horses on the west. We are located on the Little Snake River.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]We have four churches in our Valley:[/FONT]

Other goodies - right on the border, really close to Dixon (DWX). If I were going skiing at Steamboat, SBS is a really great place.

Yeah, Baggs is great for antelope and deer hunting, too.

I tried to start a Wyoming branch of the POA...

So far there is 1 pilot, 312,548 sheep, 47,831 antelope, 469 wolves and 29 grizzlies,,, but they are still sleepin.:eek:

Our banner will be a "slightly shreaded windsock that might have been damaged by some higher wind gusts...:goofy:..

Ok all you Wyominite pilots,,, sign up now ..:yes:;) ..

Ps..... there is a castaway down in Baggs Wy that wants to be included, but my probation officer forbids me to be associated with his type.:hairraise::redface:

Your probation officer sucks, mine is pretty cool....;)

I'm a ppl/ASEL out of BJC. Really looking for an excuse to go up on weekends.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Well - welcome! Is that squiggle something like "artist formerly known as Prince"? :)

Don't know if it qualifies, but I've got a little shack down in Teller county. I'm not in residence at this time, so I can't make the fly-in deal. maybe later this year.

I'm a solid maybe for Sunday, SO has a long honey-do list that I've been ignoring :nono:, but add one more to the Colorado POA list. Based out of FTG with a Rockwell Commander 112 TCA.

Been hanging around here for years, but really never post.

Steve

Figured I'd say hi, I lurk occasionally but I'm in the CO area.

Still just a student though, working on it!

Hi to all the people who chimed in. Sure hope Murphey is keeping track of everyone! :)

Weather has been surprisingly nice on the front range the past couple days. How could I tell via an area forecast/Prog chart when we have a massively stable high pressure over the area? Looks like nothing but 'highs' for the whole country.

Going skiing with an old friend on Sunday... Everyone have fun! I will be flying the citabria around Boulder on saturday (tomorrow) around 10am if anyone wants to drop by and say hi

Winds looking ok for hopping over the rocks on Sunday, still thinking about PUB?

Unless someone has a better idea. I'm still breaking in the engine, so I'm trying to stay at or below 8500.

Unless someone has a better idea. I'm still breaking in the engine, so I'm trying to stay at or below 8500.

Still breaking in an engine? Unless this is your first flight on it, I seriously doubt you have any break in left to do.

Still breaking in an engine? Unless this is your first flight on it, I seriously doubt you have any break in left to do.

All 4 new cylinders had to be overhauled after 50 hours. First flight after everything was put back together was last weekend for 30 min.

Winds looking ok for hopping over the rocks on Sunday, still thinking about PUB?

Maybe you could hop up to DWX to pick-up Henning (keep him out of trouble for a few hours anyway).

What time are folks thinking about for PUB? 11:30 or so?

Anyone flying from KAPA / KFTG / KBJC, and have room for some self-loading baggage? The plane I reserved was taken off line for maintenance. (Story of my life?) :D

I might be able to get another lined up but not looking good at this point...

I will be flying overhead tomorrow on the way to the east coast. Y'all have fun!

Anyone flying from KAPA / KFTG / KBJC, and have room for some self-loading baggage? The plane I reserved was taken off line for maintenance. (Story of my life?) :D

I might be able to get another lined up but not looking good at this point...

I certainly can tote self-loading freight. I suspect Murphey can too. Both of us are FTG based. Murphey has professed willingness to bounce off APA to pick up passengers in the past but I can't be bothered with that nonsense. :D

Was that you on Thursday leaving out of the t-hangers at bjc? Rare to see a taildragger these days.

Was that you on Thursday leaving out of the t-hangers at bjc? Rare to see a taildragger these days.

Nope I believe that Citabria is property of Independence Aviation. The citabria I fly is at BDU property of Maleham Black.

Talidraggers just seem to be rare around these controlled airports. At Erie, Boulder, Longmont and Platte valley it is quite likely the taildraggers outnumber the tricycle gear planes.

Last edited:
Well, it looks like I am going to have to take a rain check, I didn't get everything done today that I needed to. You all have fun and fly safe!

Maybe you could hop up to DWX to pick-up Henning (keep him out of trouble for a few hours anyway).

I could use a few hours break lol, hoping for two straight nights of no call outs...:fcross:

Sounds good to me. Are you picking up Henning?

No - he's a long hour in the wrong direction. Besides one shouldn't pick-up strays...

Just for that I'm having shower installed at Echo injection, at least I know I can get warm water there....:rofl:

Back