Cirrus steps up to the plate

Yep that's the one and only metric to buy an airplane on ;) got us there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope. But it was a legitimate answer to the question asked.

So...

Cirrus offering free training: Good
Buying a Cirrus: Bad

At least according to PoA. LOL... Got it.

you people are so sensitive. it's almost pathetic
No almost about it.

But here is my position: the first response to the OP was a snarky negative comment. THAT is what I call pathetic.

I will admit that I carried my argument on too long, but I just get sick of all the people that feel they have to find fault with every post. That is worse than the old Spin Zone ever was, yet it is allowed to fester.
And @gsengle, who happened to be my target de jure isn't even the worst offender.

I *like* these train wreck threads. They're proof that the azz-hat behavior of people online had absolutely nothing to do with keeping or getting rid of political talk here.

Tons and tons of these annoying threads since the unicorns-and-rainbows folks ostensibly blamed it all on politics and partially banned it.

No almost about it.

But here is my position: the first response to the OP was a snarky negative comment. THAT is what I call pathetic.

I will admit that I carried my argument on too long, but I just get sick of all the people that feel they have to find fault with every post. That is worse than the old Spin Zone ever was, yet it is allowed to fester.
And @gsengle, who happened to be my target de jure isn't even the worst offender.

Apologies wasn't intending any snark at all. He came out full bore defensive. It's common life wisdom that if you act defensive, there is something there. So it's not a good way to start.

Second, I really do cringe at "hater". It's kinda valley girl. No snark there either.

Second, I really do cringe at "hater". It's kinda valley girl. No snark there either.

Moreso than "valley girl" it's the adopted word of political cults describing people who simply disagree with them.

Moreso than "valley girl" it's the adopted word of political cults describing people who simply disagree with them.

It's a cringe inducing word to be sure.

so, what have we learned here, that cirrus planes and cirrus pilots are the most funnest to make fun of? you guys are cirrus bullies. holy SHTI it's beer:30, what am I doing posting on PoA, l8r....

Apologies wasn't intending any snark at all. He came out full bore defensive. It's common life wisdom that if you act defensive, there is something there. So it's not a good way to start.

Apology accepted, but not really required.
The OP's use of the word "hater " should probably have been something like "critic" instead. "Hater" is sort of trite and overused. I don't think people really HATE Cirrus. But they do automatically criticize Cirrus for some reason that escapes me.

Seriously I think the Cirrus is the bees knees. I've been dying to ride in one. If I could afford one I'd have one, but short of a miracle that won't ever happen. New Mooney's are beautiful too...won't be able to afford one though. My blindingly fast Cherokee 140 split between my dad and I will have to do for now.

I love all airplanes though. Could care less what I am riding in as long as it isn't a piece of ****.

There are plenty of azzholes on here and I've called out several of them. Oh well. They hide behind a blank avatar, anonymous screen name, and computer keyboard. I think some of them are just grumpy folks who don't have much to look forward to in life. Pretty sad really.

so, what have we learned here, that cirrus planes and cirrus pilots are the most funnest to make fun of? you guys are cirrus bullies. holy SHTI it's beer:30, what am I doing posting on PoA, l8r....
I am not, and probably never will be a Cirrus driver. For the price of an air conditioner and a leather interior redo, my 50 year old Bo would beat the pants off of a Cirrus. But that doesn't meant Cirrus is a bad plane.

And it is "Scotch +1:30".

Apology accepted, but not really required.
The OP's use of the word "hater " should probably have been something like "critic" instead. "Hater" is sort of trite and overused. I don't think people really HATE Cirrus. But they do automatically criticize Cirrus for some reason that escapes me.

We could have that debate. There are absolutely some legitimate objective criticisms of the marketing and the SR20/22. But being em up and get attacked.

I commend the success and any company generating interest in GA. I commend the new training programs. Even drool over the jet even though I know there are probably better planes for my missions.

He came out full bore defensive.

Nothing to be defensive about a Cirrus dude. It's a great plane and I love it. I specifically used the word hater because I knew the azzhats would come out in force. And it didn't take long to prove my point. So thank you for being accommodating.

Nothing to be defensive about a Cirrus dude. It's a great plane and I love it. I specifically used the word hater because I knew the azzhats would come out in force. And it didn't take long to prove my point. So thank you for being accommodating.

You were crazy defensive, no need to try and twist it.

Apparently the azzhats started to come out with the first post.

images

We all know Cirrus makes a great airplane. With a few hundred hours in a few different 22's, I'd agree.

I'm still going to make fun of everything the airplane and owners represent.. because it's funny. And I can. This isn't the end however. I'll MS Paint some more pictures in preparation for the next one. Look forward to seeing you all there.

The first step in being the part, is dressing like the part. #Bose #Cirrus #Bajillionaire #Aviators #RealPilot #MakeItRain

We all know Cirrus makes a great airplane. With a few hundred hours in a few different 22's, I'd agree.

I'm still going to make fun of everything the airplane and owners represent.. because it's funny. And I can. This isn't the end however. I'll MS Paint some more pictures in preparation for the next one. Look forward to seeing you all there.

The first step in being the part, is dressing like the part. #Bose #Cirrus #Bajillionaire #Aviators #RealPilot #MakeItRain

Fair enough. That is how I feel about Prius drivers.

But when someone gets smacked around enough, it is only natural that they become defensive.

I *like* these train wreck threads. They're proof that the azz-hat behavior of people online had absolutely nothing to do with keeping or getting rid of political talk here.

Tons and tons of these annoying threads since the unicorns-and-rainbows folks ostensibly blamed it all on politics and partially banned it.

People are who they are and they will use any avenue to display that, Politics, Airplanes, Religion...etc

No different then what the media does everyday!

Please educate me about what an owner of a Cirrus represents? I know quite a few of them now and they are all different with not much similarities. I think that is where the disconnect comes from they all don't drive BMW's come to think of it they are not all the same race and or religion either.

It's a funny thing with pilots and flying. Everyone loves their brand which is fine but I think flying is the only thing I have come across where not only do other peoples' brands suck but also they are doing it wrong. Most of my other hobbies are music, homebrewing, programming so maybe it is because those aren't type A things. Flying has this underlying competition that a lot of other things don't seem to have. I am fairly competitive at the office because there are wins and gains there. In flying you don't win anything for being righter than another guy.

I love all planes, even the ones with broken retracts that I can't afford.

As a charter member of the CB club, I don't really "get" the value of the cirrus over other options, but I don't "get" much about the aircraft market, so that's not very meaningful.

It's a funny thing with pilots and flying. Everyone loves their brand which is fine but I think flying is the only thing I have come across where not only do other peoples' brands suck but also they are doing it wrong. Most of my other hobbies are music, homebrewing, programming so maybe it is because those aren't type A things. Flying has this underlying competition that a lot of other things don't seem to have. I am fairly competitive at the office because there are wins and gains there. In flying you don't win anything for being righter than another guy.

It's funny how someone assumes because someone doesn't like a type, it's just because he or she only likes his or her own type. Heaven forbid they have legitimate concerns or criticisms! Haters!

I stopped by the Cirrus booth at OSH along with a few others to look at what will potentially be my next plane. Cirrus was by far the most friendly, most engaging, and asked the most questions. They even had ipads to take sales leads to follow up with potential customers. I have been in professional sales my entire career, and these guys seem pretty buttoned up from a sales and marketing perspective as well as providing a great product and support after the sale. And in sales, there is one truth.....numbers don't lie, and Cirrus has the numbers to back it up. Cirrus has created a tremendous sense of community with their customers, and this new program just adds to that. Kudos to them.

And for the record, I'm a redneck that drives a Ford F250, owns and arsenal of guns and drinks whiskey. I can see myself owning a CIrrus in the next 2-3 yrs.

I love all planes, even the ones with broken retracts that I can't afford.

As a charter member of the CB club, I don't really "get" the value of the cirrus over other options, but I don't "get" much about the aircraft market, so that's not very meaningful.

Yep, while I really like the SR22 I don't hate the other planes. It just fits my needs/wants better. Are there things I'd like to improve in the SR22? Sure, but minor things.

Salty, some people just like new or newer better. To some age is a criteria. A friend of mine commented many years ago, "You even got a used dog"; she's a rescue dog. ;)

SR22s are really nice planes. Not that other aren't, there can be more than one good option. For me two doors and side sticks are a big benefit. Makes it easier for people to get in and out and the front seat passenger really likes the openness with no yoke in front of them. To me one of the gauges of a great flight is that the passengers would willingly get back into the plane with me. :D Everyone crawling into a plane through one door, then I have to reach across the front seat passenger to secure that one door and then there's this "yoke" in front of them doesn't start things off great. I fly Angel Flight missions as well as personal travel, so there are a lot of people new to general aviation on my flights. I've even flown a few that have never been in any type of plane, not even a commercial flight before they went up with me.

I'm not going to drop $800k on a new plane though. First, my wife might kill me, which would severely limit my enjoyment of said new plane. :eek: Second, it would break our budget. Oh, I could write the check, but it would do serious damage to our retirement planning. Third, if I were spending that much I'd get something else. Instead I'm working on getting a partnership together to buy a used SR22; much more benefit per dollar to me.

Heck, I'd love a Aerostar/Superstar 700P. There's even one for sale at $100k, but a $100k 700P is like a "free" puppy. :eek:

Back