Cirrus steps up to the plate

Happens more than you care to believe and is not limited to Cirrus's either. Just off the top of my head I know people who have bought a Lancair, A36, Mooney Acclaim and B58 all before they finished their PPL.. All still alive too, in fact the guy who bought the B58 has about 2000 hours in it and has been flying it for 20 years.

Yeah, I don't disagree, it's not limited to Cirrus... but it is a widely held reputation of the type, and Cirrus has basically acknowledged with the training programs that for whatever reason, debatably why, plenty of pilots were getting in over their heads.

So again again again kudos Cirrus, this is really good. I don't blame you for wanting to sell planes either, just keep being responsible, especially by your new pilot owners...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably more to do with the amount of planes their selling and limiting potential future liability by offering additional training. Or they really want people to get the most out of their flying experience.

Not defensive. Like a typical snowflake, when you smell defeat as soon as anyone provides simple facts that cannot be argued, you all cave. I'm frankly doing it for fun. I enjoy watching snow melt.

And the moment you start calling names you've lost the argument. And here I was thinking you were a responsible adult aviation citizen capable of a reasonable conversation. smh

If people posted constructive opinions, that would be good. But posting negative, insulting comments just to sound smart or funny or better than someone else sucks.
Interestingly, this post was liked by the OP, who made a negative, insulting original post.:rolleyes:

And the moment you start calling names you've lost the argument. And here I was thinking you were a responsible adult aviation citizen capable of a reasonable conversation. smh

Nanny nanny boo boo.

Exactly. They're making strides to improve the accident rate. I don't see Cessna doing this. I don't see Mooney doing this. I don't see Diamond doing this. Cirrus provides its pilots with a wealth of information. Maybe Cessna, Mooney and Diamond need to step up their training and marketing game.

Yes I've flown a Mooney before. It's not even close to comparable.

It's not fair to the thread to debate types here. Remember Cirrus had to do this as they had a really bad accident rate. I've had excellent type training from the owners group. Bo owners have similar. Didn't have to be told that it was a good idea. I'm sure same is true of most Cirrus owners. Just not enough.

Do you really imagine anyone cares whether you respect his opinion or not?

You cared enough to reply lol... it's a forum, as they say, don't get your panties in a bunch. And use adult arguments or you prove the point :)

I have never even sat in a Cirrus, I have flown in @Hank S's Mooney and it is a nice ride if a little cramped. Therefore I believe that @mulligan should take me for a ride so I can adequately review the airplane. Seriously, Cirrus builds a nice bird that's fits a particular mission like no other. Cirrus appeals to a certain group of flyers and you very rarely hear anything negative from owners or even former owners. Honestly, I cant comprehend the amount of $&it Cirrus owners take from other pilots. I'll never be able to afford one...and somewhere deep down I might be a little jelly......It was a new airframe that had some problems that the company actively addressed and have now gotten in line with the rest of GA in terms of safety. My opinion is, if you don't own one, STFU about it. There are some posters that you can count on to descend on a Cirrus thread like flies to $&it, Seriously, get over it. I was kinda serious about the ride Mulligan.......

I have never even sat in a Cirrus, I have flown in @Hank S's Mooney and it is a nice ride if a little cramped. Therefore I believe that @mulligan should take me for a ride so I can adequately review the airplane. Seriously, Cirrus builds a nice bird that's fits a particular mission like no other. Cirrus appeals to a certain group of flyers and you very rarely hear anything negative from owners or even former owners. Honestly, I cant comprehend the amount of $&it Cirrus owners take from other pilots. I'll never be able to afford one...and somewhere deep down I might be a little jelly......It was a new airframe that had some problems that the company actively addressed and have now gotten in line with the rest of GA in terms of safety. My opinion is, if you don't own one, STFU about it. There are some posters that you can count on to descend on a Cirrus thread like flies to $&it, Seriously, get over it. I was kinda serious about the ride Mulligan.......

Head to KAUO on game weekends. I'll take you up and let you handle the stick.

Wondering what any of that above has to do with Cirrus' training announcement.

Wondering what any of that above has to do with Cirrus' training announcement.

Somebody used the word "Cirrus" in a sentence. Naturally it would stir 5 pages of conversation.

We should just build a numbered list of all of the Cirrus arguments and then everyone just lists the number. Would make the conversation so much more efficient:

Oh yeah?? #3
#5!
#4!
#5!!
butt hurt!
Nobody cares about #6!
Can we get back to #1 please?
6pc: I'm too cool for numbers.
Your name has a number!

Last edited:
Somebody used the word "Cirrus" in a sentence. Naturally it would stir 5 pages of conversation.

We should just build a numbered list of all of the Cirrus arguments and then everyone just lists the number. Would make the conversation so much more efficient:

Oh yeah?? #3
#5!
#4!
#5!!
butt hurt!
Nobody cares about #6!
Can we get back to #1 please?
6pc: I'm too cool for numbers.
Your name has a number!

LOL - I was just thinking the same thing. It'd certainly save a lot of time!

I feel the same way. But I don't understand why that causes all the Cirrus bashing. Jealousy maybe?

Of course, it isn't a Bonanza, but it's not a bad plane.
its a direct reflection of the fanaticism of the cirrus lovers, they are alot like yankee fans.............

The question is have you ever piloted a new Mooney? 50 year old ones don't totally count as a fair comparison. If so I'd even respect your decision! (Yes I've flown a Cirrus)

Yeah but which one did you fly?
They are all different.

Some have lots of knobs while others have gobs of knobs.

Yeah but which one did you fly?
They are all different.

Some have lots of knobs while others have gobs of knobs.

And some have those silly Garmin TV screens :-o

Add the two sentence fragments together.
Are you a grammar cop?
So if you add the two segments together, we get back to he did but he didn't.

not a grammar cop, but people talking out of both sides of their mouth is offends me.

Interestingly, this post was liked by the OP, who made a negative, insulting original post.:rolleyes:
I don't think my original post was insulting. I said "for all you Cirrus haters" and you came out of the woodwork like I knew you would. So that's why I liked that post.

I don't think my original post was insulting.
Good for you. There are other opinions besides your own, however.

I said "for all you Cirrus haters" and you came out of the woodwork like I knew you would. So that's why I liked that post.
Which post of mine indicates I'm a cirrus hater?

Today on PoA reality television!!!! Woooo hooo! Love this show! Keep going keep going! Hours of entertainment at the finger tips!

I <3 all airplanes I have no haters

Last edited:
Head to KAUO on game weekends. I'll take you up and let you handle the stick.

I just may take you up on that. I make it over to a game a couple of time a year. Of course, a little detour over to 1A9 to pick me up..........kidding......maybe.

So if you add the two segments together, we get back to he did but he didn't.

not a grammar cop, but people talking out of both sides of their mouth is offends me.
Here's what you get if you read the sentences in order:

"But he didn't do it just to sound smart or funny or better than someone else. He did it because it was earned."

Is that really so hard to understand?

Now we're at "I know you are but what am I"

The question is have you ever piloted a new Mooney? 50 year old ones don't totally count as a fair comparison. If so I'd even respect your decision! (Yes I've flown a Cirrus)

How does the new Mooney (not the 50 year old ones) compare to Cirrus in cabin width.

How does the new Mooney (not the 50 year old ones) compare to Cirrus in cabin width.

Yep that's the one and only metric to buy an airplane on ;) got us there...

Back