Cirrus landed successfully

No, I can no longer handle the stigma of being a cirrus (read terrible) pilot.

Everyone knows cirrus pilots are the worst so here forward I fly um something else. If anyone sees me in a Cirrus its my brother. We look a lot alike

Cirrus Anonymous.... You've got the first step nailed.

I did my PPL training in a Cirrus.

At first, I struggled with the pull-n-goes.

Faked.

I read on the Red board that they always catch fire when they land. I suppose it could be argued they're out of fuel, but that only happens when they are IFR.

Faked.

I read on the Red board that they always catch fire when they land. I suppose it could be argued they're out of fuel, but that only happens when they are IFR.

That's only when they land on a Tesla. Or without the chute.

John

Cirrus reinvents the instrument approach system. Could rig it up to guide the pilot via magenta line to a calculated position upwind of the landing site and automatically deploy the chute.

No more go-arounds.
No more slick runways to worry about.
No more missed approaches.

Then cirrus can get a datalink system set up where Fight Quality ground controllers can monitor the fuel supply to ensure the airplane reaches the end of the magenta line. This will be monthly subscription deal but you'll get an insurance discount for using it.

I chuckled seeing this display this morning. I almost forgot to arm the 'chute.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    737.6 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Cirrus reinvents the instrument approach system. Could rig it up to guide the pilot via magenta line to a calculated position upwind of the landing site and automatically deploy the chute.

No more go-arounds.
No more slick runways to worry about.
No more missed approaches.

Then cirrus can get a datalink system set up where Fight Quality ground controllers can monitor the fuel supply to ensure the airplane reaches the end of the magenta line. This will be monthly subscription deal but you'll get an insurance discount for using it.

Then they maintain a re-packer on each airfield. Pack the chute back up and continue on your merry way.

Dibs on intellectual property here. You all seen it, I said it first!

From today's AVWeb "Short Final" - seems to fit the conversation although not a Cirrus.

"
While landing a Beech Sierra at Sioux City Gateway Airport (KSUX) one blustery summer day (winds 32, gusting to 40, more or less straight down the runway), I chose to use full flaps in an attempt to achieve the minimum possible landing roll — just for practice.
Well the gusts got the best of me. I'd just get the mains wheels down, and a gust would put me back in the air three or four feet. After three attempts, the plane finally landed and stayed landed on the fourth.
Humbled and somewhat embarrassed, I radioed tower:
"How'd you like that landing?"
The reply was prompt:
"Which one?""

Cirrus 7XB turning vertical final.

During BFR...

Instructor: Do a normal landing.

Cirrus Pilot: I like to leave in a little para on the touchdown.

"Cirrus 12345, can you fly a short approach?"

"Sure - watch this!" :yikes:

That doesnt look like a Cirrus. The tail feathers are intact..

Back