Cirrus Crash At Kennesaw State University

Is there some insinuation here that the chute spontaneously deployed?
Also, it seems from the report that the parachute deployed and caused the plane to crash.
..or is that just an inference from a poorly worded write up on the summary report?

Is there some insinuation here that the chute spontaneously deployed?

..or is that just an inference from a poorly worded write up on the summary report?
If so, I believe that would be the first time in the history of the Cirrus, for such an event to occur.

I’d say it’s just the classic case of poor journalism combined with a lot of speculation from greenhorns.

Originally Cirri had a greater-than-average rate of ground pounding. Now it's better than average. There are just a lot of them, and they are being flown.

Most of the time, if you go out to FlightAware, the SR22 is either the most common or second most common light airplane on their list of types.

They sure do love the idea of deploying CAPS. They encourage it so much in the standardization course I took. In nearly every situation short of PFD or ALT1 failure.

I guess for every CAPS deployed it’s Λ life saved and another Cirrus sold since the impact causes significant damage and destroys the front gear.

Back