Child Support nightmare from hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried many times to modify or rectify this. Again I went to court or filed so many motions that the courts stopped taking the motions. Its all in the docket. Then when the over payment checks started coming for over a year I thought this was all over. I also received the letter in 2010 saying I only owed 48 bucks. But that was not correct for I owed nothing in 2005. You must also remember I have been in real bad health. At this time I spend many many times in ICU for weeks at a time. That to is all on record.

In other words you "acted as your own attorney", right?

After reading 10 pages of thread history and the OPs various responses..I guess I'm just not buying all the facts as presented. There's got to be details being left out either intentionally or unintentionally. Fifteen years LEO work and most of it in the capacity of investigatory services...If it walks and talks like a duck, it probably is. Not saying the facts are not valid, just seems like a few pieces of the puzzle are missing. That's several years of puzzle to put back together.

Life's too short. You say you have a bad back, but you've still got wings.. I'd just fly and move on :)

After reading 10 pages of thread history and the OPs various responses..I guess I'm just not buying all the facts as presented. There's got to be details being left out either intentionally or unintentionally. Fifteen years LEO work and most of it in the capacity of investigatory services...If it walks and talks like a duck, it probably is. Not saying the facts are not valid, just seems like a few pieces of the puzzle are missing. That's several years of puzzle to put back together.

Life's too short. You say you have a bad back, but you've still got wings.. I'd just fly and move on :)

I really careless what you think you believe. I have proved my case enough to have this stopped. What you can not believe our government can screw someone. I also bet you believe every person behind bars is guilty.

Most LEO don't tell the truth but make it up to suit them. I don't doubt that any LEO believes anything they hear. It's all lies..right. For the LEO is above others so if they do not tell it true, how can anyone else. Many examples just this year alone of this.

As to life is to short. You have no idea what life is like for me my friend. None. But I do wish some of this life I lead onto you my friend.

Last edited:
I am going to the Circuit clerks office this morning and filing a civil lawsuit against the state. I have all the evidence to proof this case. I already proved it enough to have this stopped. I will take this to court myself. Screw the attorney's. I have nothing to loose. But everything to gain

Like the Paul Laird case, you really cannot argue the evidence, it's all in black and white. This is how I got this stopped. It's all in black and white. I was charged a charge I did not owe. Then after it was paid in full and closed by a judge by rules of law. Someone reopens the docket and starts charging me for over 15 years. I have over paid support in the tune of over 30 grand. It's all in black and white. You can not argue the facts. Just as in Paul Lairds case. I am using this case as precedence. I am seeking an award of $500,000.00 for punitive damages.

The Herald-Review (Decatur IL, USA)
21 February 1999 Former State Resident Given Formal Apology by Illinois Division of Child Support Enforcement.
by Amanda Wilson
The Illinois State Supreme Court has ordered Guy Hastings, Director of Child Support Enforcement, to send a formal letter of apology to a former Illinois state resident who was forced to pay $9000 more in support than ordered. Paul Laird, now a resident of Washington state and a former resident of Strasburg, IL, has said he will make a written statement in a few days. The Court also ordered DCSE to pay him almost $150,000 in punitive damages.
The pertinent facts are not in dispute. Mr. Laird was ordered to pay $400/mo in child support in 1985. Kankakee County records indicate Mr. Laird had voluntarily overpaid his account by May, 1991. That is when his troubles started.
Mr. Laird was forced to take a medical leave of absence due to Multiple Sclerosis. He presented Illinois DCSE doctor statements and 7 requests for temporary reduction from November 1991 through May, 1993. He was never answered by Illinois DCSE and they now admit that he did send the request and that those requests were ignored. They also admit Mr. Laird never missed a payment.
A suit was filed by DCSE in November, 1993 to modify the child support award. Mr. Laird was never notified of this hearing. The department received a default judgment increasing the support amount to $800. DCSE admits Mr. Laird was never notified of the new amount.
The amount was reduced in 1996 back to the original $400 figure. DCSE continued to count the extra $400 from November 1993 to October, 1996 as child support arrears. They garnished his wages, filed liens against him, reported him to credit bureaus and continue collection thought taking his IRS refunds. Mr. Laird filed suit in 1996 against DCSE and specific employees within that agency. The Appellate Court awarded him almost $60,000 in January, 1998. That judgment has been paid.
The State's Attorney of Champaign County filed charges of malfesciance of office against three DCSE employees - Karen Breaker, Linda Richardson, and Barbara McCloud. Breaker and Richardson were also tried on perjury, falsifiction of records, and theft. McCloud was found not guilty in November, 1998. Breaker plead guilty to the charge of perjury and falsification in a plea bargain. Ms. Richardson was found guilty on all counts and sentenced to 18 months in prison. All three lost their jobs with
Illinois DCSE.
This is only the first of 8 cases against the Champaign office. In the most recent case a custodial mother received child support payments 9 months after the father made payments through the court. The father in this case was prosecuted for non-payment and was found not guilty when he presented receipts and cancelled checks. A check by the Auditor's office revealed a practice by the Champaign office of putting support checks in a hidden fund to draw interest for the state. That case has been merged with 7 others in a class action lawsuit. It is scheduled to be heard in April, 2000.
Governor Ryan and his cabinet were unavailable for comment. This reporter has verified that the governor urged DCSE to settle this case out-of-court and that Mr. Hastings refused. DCSE director Hastings also had no comment.
Because the state was found to have acted fraudulently in his case, the Supreme Court had to rule on punitive damages.

And the plea for financial support

That I have thank you very much. Someone was kind enough to step forward and not a jerk about it.

Also I never asked for nothing for free. I have never taken anything for free and not starting now.

I've decided that Tony is one of the world's best trolls. Look how long this thread and the medical thread from last year have gone on!

I also call BS on many of the things he has said here, based on retiring as an Investigator for one of the State's Attorney's Offices in our native Illinois. Does your web site asking for donations for your medical issues count as "never taken anything for free and not starting now", Tony?

Some mornings, ya' just wake up less tolerant of BS.....

Jim

I've decided that Tony is one of the world's best trolls. Look how long this thread and the medical thread from last year have gone on!

I also call BS on many of the things he has said here, based on retiring as an Investigator for one of the State's Attorney's Offices in our native Illinois. Does your web site asking for donations for your medical issues count as "never taken anything for free and not starting now", Tony?

Some mornings, ya' just wake up less tolerant of BS.....

Jim

:confused:.......:dunno:

I'd have to research back thru last year's thread to find it, Ben, and I'm not gonna give him that much of my time. Somebody donated money for him to set up a site for medical donations...like a go-fund-me site. Use the search function....

Jim

I'd have to research back thru last year's thread to find it, Ben, and I'm not gonna give him that much of my time. Somebody donated money for him to set up a site for medical donations...like a go-fund-me site. Use the search function....

Jim

Thanks buddy.... I will go searching....

Take a look at the applicable dates in the Laird case. HUGE difference from your situation.

There is a time limit to appeal a judicial decision. That time period is generally quite short. Child support is very straight-forward stuff. The time to get it done properly was when it was actually being done. Any arrearage issue would have been a simple matter for an attorney at the time to get correct and explain to you.

I have no idea if it was handled properly or not, but when the attorney is telling you it's not going to be cost effective to proceed I'd listen to the advice.

Life's too short. Don't let this eat you up.

I went to the court house and down to the records department. The people in this department are so very nice. The head person of this department was glad to hear I was able to get this support stopped. This person also told me I would never find an attorney to take this case. They were happy to hear I am going forward alone. By the time I left there was a group of people standing around listening as this person told everyone what was happening to me. They was reading it off all the paper work they were handing me. The gave everything a government seal and told me to give this to the judge. Everyone in the place told me I deserve every penny I am asking for. They all wished me the best when I left, every one of them told me not to stop until this injustice was corrected.

Wow. I just read this thread for the first time. If I understand this correctly...

You hurt your back by speeding at 130 mph, endangering dozens upon dozens of lives in the process. Yet expect sympathy. And even collect off the government because of your injuries.... injuries incurred while endangering others.

On top of that, you have a Go Fund Me page collecting money from regular folks' hard earned income to also fund your health issues.

On top of that, you took a donation from someone on this site to help pay for an attorney.

Yet you have enough money to own TWO planes (and all the maintenance and gas and storage fees associated) and are healthy/physically able enough to fly (but not work).

You have been posting very sensitive personal information that anyone can turn around and use against you (including the State and your ex-wife). You even went so far as to post a confidential letter from your attorney (which, by posting, you waived attorney-client privilege, btw) that included your wife's full name in it. You've also given us your father's full name.

Now you want to make an additional "1/4 million dollars."

Ok, fine... you should sue your ex-wife for the money owed, I agree there. Otherwise, you're now defining yourself as a victim and instead of moving forward in a positive way to make real changes with your life, you're letting the wrongs you perceive against you eat you alive. Fight the fight, if you must. But don't be surprised if the ending isn't as bright as you think it will be.

Good luck.

Wow. I just read this thread for the first time. If I understand this correctly...

You hurt your back by speeding at 130 mph, endangering dozens upon dozens of lives in the process. Yet expect sympathy. And even collect off the government because of your injuries.... injuries incurred while endangering others.

On top of that, you have a Go Fund Me page collecting money from regular folks' hard earned income to also fund your health issues.

On top of that, you took a donation from someone on this site to help pay for an attorney.

Yet you have enough money to own TWO planes (and all the maintenance and gas and storage fees associated) and are healthy/physically able enough to fly (but not work).

You have been posting very sensitive personal information that anyone can turn around and use against you (including the State and your ex-wife). You even went so far as to post a confidential letter from your attorney (which, by posting, you waived attorney-client privilege, btw) that included your wife's full name in it. You've also given us your father's full name.

Ok, fine... you should sue your ex-wife for the money owed, I agree there. Otherwise, you're now defining yourself as a victim and instead of moving forward in a positive way to make real changes with your life, you're letting the wrongs you perceive against you eat you alive. Fight the fight, if you must. But don't be surprised if the ending isn't as bright as you think it will be.

Good luck.

This gal catches on pretty quickly...:idea:.........;)

Jim

It was in this aptly named thread...

Looks like he took the gofundme page down though.

Edit: it's still up: https://www.gofundme.com/lhxubo

And up to $250.00

Attachments

• Leave $1.pdf
    818.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Hmmm..

Surely 1600vw will be along shortly to explain himself..:rolleyes:

This guy is a scammer. My radar went off in the first post that he was out for money, but then his story got more and more detailed. Seeing that other thread, and just connecting the dots... I'm calling complete B.S. on all of this. My guess is that he (or she) thought, "hey, pilots have money... I'll go after them." And since most pilots are men, what better story to pull at the heartstrings (and wallet) than one about father's rights and child support injustices.

Or maybe this is a legit person. But, even then, he's only here for money. That's the only "help" he's been interested in.

Good luck.

Wrong on some many fronts. I did get hurt in an accident. But that is not why I am disabled.
I needed medical help. As how many millions of other people.

I am done here for I have all the help I need. This forum was to find help. I found nothing but grief. You all can go screw yourselves.

This guy is a scammer. My radar went off in the first post that he was out for money, but then his story got more and more detailed. Seeing that other thread, and just connecting the dots... I'm calling complete B.S. on all of this. My guess is that he (or she) thought, "hey, pilots have money... I'll go after them." And since most pilots are men, what better story to pull at the heartstrings (and wallet) than one about father's rights and child support injustices.

Or maybe this is a legit person. But, even then, he's only here for money. That's the only "help" he's been interested in.

Ha HA HA....I careless what you think. I know a group of people here are for me. They see what has happened. I posted this here to bring this out into the public how someone can be mistreated. I received worst treatment here.

Oh the people down in records told me I should be asking for 1.5 million.

As to what I posted. It all was and is public record.

I'm sure it is. Doesn't mean that it is YOUR public record. For all we know, it's a friend of yours or some cr@p you found by diggin around online.

Anyway, apparently you are a soon to be millionaire, so you don't need to be fishing for free cash from the actual hardworking folks we have here. If you need money to fund your legal issues, sell those two planes you supposedly own. You can buy a real sweet replacement one when you hit the lawsuit lottery.

I think there's been a lot of good, caring, advice here.

Keep us posted on the status.

I'm sure it is. Doesn't mean that it is YOUR public record. For all we know, it's a friend of yours or some cr@p you found by diggin around online.

Anyway, apparently you are a soon to be millionaire, so you don't need to be fishing for free cash from the actual hardworking folks we have here. If you need money to fund your legal issues, sell those two planes you supposedly own. You can buy a real sweet replacement one when you hit the lawsuit lottery.

I did sell one.

I think there's been a lot of good, caring, advice here.

Keep us posted on the status.

You are so right. There has been some real caring people here. I am sorry if I got upset. I will keep everyone posted as to the outcome here.

God Bless all you caring people here. We do have some who have huge hearts here.

Thank you and again I am sorry if I got upset and offended anyone.

Thanks for calling him out. This soap opera has gone on too long.

Calling POA MC... Might we all be better off by locking this thread? I for one see no continued useful purpose for it. Thanks!

Jim

Wrong on some many fronts. I did get hurt in an accident. But that is not why I am disabled.
I needed medical help. As how many millions of other people.

I am done here for I have all the help I need. This forum was to find help. I found nothing but grief. You all can go screw yourselves.

Please leave. And offer to return users from POA's $ while you are at it. I didn't "donate" but some well meaning people did.

I've heard some tall tales on this site but nobody is asking for money.

Last edited:
Interesting considering that our courts here make it clear that the clerks can not and will not provide legal advice.

They did not. They said, if it was them this is what they would be doing. But the attorney who walked into the room had a lot to say about this. He was one who shook my hand as I left and wished me the best in this fight.

This attorney then explained to me how I need to file this type of lawsuit. He told me to make the docket up the best I could then give it to him. He would redo it so a judge would look at it or something like this. He also told me he wanted nothing for doing this for me.

Please leave. And offer to return users from POA's $ while you are at it. I didn't "donate" but some well meaning people did.

I've heard some tall tales on this site but nobody is asking for money.

I have a very low tolerance for people who play on other's kindness and take advantage of them. I really hope POA shuts this guy down.

Interesting considering that our courts here make it clear that the clerks can not and will not provide legal advice.

But not from all the attorneys he contacted.

Sounds like you screwed yourself a long time ago. Having the exact same name as your father who according to you was deeply in arrears himself didn't help. You should have cleared this up when they tacked the $20K he owed onto your bill.

I have a very low tolerance for people who play on other's kindness and take advantage of them. I really hope POA shuts this guy down.

I have a very low tolerance for being taken advantage of. I am sure Paul Laird heard all this himself. Hard to believe any man would over pay in child support? Or is it hard to believe our government would do something like this to a person. Like I said I am sure Paul Laird heard all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back