Cherokee 6 / 300

so....don't get use to 1,300 ft/min....once loaded it will come down to 700-800 fpm 135-140kts and 17gph fuel burn. :D
I flew the 6/300 today, It is totally foreign to me, I hadn't been flying since 34V left, so I was very rusty. With a new to me aircraft, it was like being a new student.

I was impressed with the aircraft, It lacks cosmetics, but all systems were working, and the carrying capacity is awesome. with 2 aboard, less than half fuel, I saw climb rates at 1300+ feet per minute. It's very docile does what it's told, and a very stable plate form.

What really was an eye catcher was how high above the horizon that long nose gets on take off at 1300'+
And how long it will float, I guess that gets shorter with practice.

This old aircraft needs a lot of TLC, but not much more to get 4-500 hours flying. It will be coming on line at BVS as a 6 pax rental. Soon I hope.

so....what's the delta in scrap value....vs airworthy value?...for this deal vs others?

I bet the scrap value is less than $25K....that's a $20K loss right there.

Buy the other one.....and re-sell it for what you paid in a few years.[/QUOTE

The days of buying a plane and turning it around in five years for what you paid for it or more are gone. The more you pay the more you will loose.:cheerswine:

so....what's the delta in scrap value....vs airworthy value?...for this deal vs others?

I bet the scrap value is less than $25K....that's a $20K loss right there.

Buy the other one.....and re-sell it for what you paid in a few years.

The days of buying a plane and turning it around in five years for what you paid for it or more are gone. The more you pay the more you will loose.:cheerswine:
Well....two years ago I sold my Six (purchased in 2005) for $10k more than I purchased....and bought a newer, better equipped (GNS530W & STec 60-2 AP), Bonanza for less than I sold my Six.....

It can be done....if you're patient.:yes:

Last edited:
Tom, stop posting stuff like this. I want a Six so bad it's not even funny. Trying to hold out for 2 more years then I'll be in a position to get something nice and actually afford to use it!

Well....two years ago I sold my Six (purchased in 2005) for $10k more than I purchased....and bought a newer, better equipped (GNS530W & STec 60-2 AP), Bonanza for less than I sold my Six.....

It can be done....if you're patient.:yes:

If you did that in this market here's to you.:cheerswine:

Tom, stop posting stuff like this. I want a Six so bad it's not even funny. Trying to hold out for 2 more years then I'll be in a position to get something nice and actually afford to use it!
In two years you could have flown off 2-300 hours and be ready to have this old bird ready to build the aircraft you really want, piece by piece and payday to payday,

Geterdone!

You keep putting it off until you can afford it, you will never do it.
This aircraft is like finding a mature woman in a gunny sack. clean her up she'll serve you well. this 6/300 has been 135 all it's life maintained to a higher standard than many beauty queens you'll find at twice the price.

If you did that in this market here's to you.:cheerswine:

That's so true, you can't find a nice aircraft at a low price clean it up make it safe to fly, and flip it and make traveling expenses.

In two years you could have flown off 2-300 hours and be ready to have this old bird ready to build the aircraft you really want, piece by piece and payday to payday,

Geterdone!

You keep putting it off until you can afford it, you will never do it.
This aircraft is like finding a mature woman in a gunny sack. clean her up she'll serve you well. this 6/300 has been 135 all it's life maintained to a higher standard than many beauty queens you'll find at twice the price.

Yea I get what you are saying but flying the club 172 right now is getting the job done, cheaply. Meanwhile I'm aggressively saving so that I can buy one outright. I'm young and not a big fan of debt, with a cheap plane in the hangar already there's no need to rush. It's not like this is holding me from flying.

I know exactly the one I want, I grew up in it and we sold it to a family friend, all it did was move three houses down. He's looking to move to something else in the next couple of years and I plan to be there when he's ready :).

Yea I get what you are saying but flying the club 172 right now is getting the job done, cheaply. Meanwhile I'm aggressively saving so that I can buy one outright. I'm young and not a big fan of debt, with a cheap plane in the hangar already there's no need to rush. It's not like this is holding me from flying.

I know exactly the one I want, I grew up in it and we sold it to a family friend, all it did was move three houses down. He's looking to move to something else in the next couple of years and I plan to be there when he's ready :).

When you have a plan, let's hope it works.

Back