Can we descend below DA on the go around due to coupled height loss ?

What the regulations are on the altitude loss at DA on a AP coupled go around ?

• Total voters
From the AIM, 5-4-5:

Chart Terminology.
  1. Decision Altitude (DA) replaces the familiar term Decision Height (DH). DA conforms to the international convention where altitudes relate to MSL and heights relate to AGL. DA will eventually be published for other types of instrument approach procedures with vertical guidance, as well. DA indicates to the pilot that the published descent profile is flown to the DA (MSL), where a missed approach will be initiated if visual references for landing are not established. Obstacle clearance is provided to allow a momentary descent below DA while transitioning from the final approach to the missed approach. The aircraft is expected to follow the missed instructions while continuing along the published final approach course to at least the published runway threshold waypoint or MAP (if not at the threshold) before executing any turns.
Yet on a check ride you'd fail because you busted altitude. So I was taught by my CFII.

Yet on a check ride you'd fail because you busted altitude. So I was taught by my CFII.

Your CFII was incorrect. There is no criteria for altitude at DA like there is for MDA (+100, -0) listed in the ACS.

Back