Busy Week

Congratulations. I'll increase my holdings in Huggies to make a few extra shekels.

Serious congratulations on the ATP and the EMB-145 type. Use them wisely.

Well done! An ATP and a future co-pilot too. :cool:

I'm literally sitting in the hospital room right now with my wife who is in labor with our first child right now...any minute now my plane becomes the third most important thing (as my wife and baby have to take the top spots)

Cpt Kirk, now that your a old pro any advice to give a Newby such as myself?

Honestly congrats to you and your wife and to you for your ATP.

I'm sure we will trade war stories soon!

Our first was born on July 6th at 9:49pm. A poop factory ever since.

Passed my ATP checkride this morning with an EMB-145 type.

It's time for a break... until this child wakes up again...
CONGRATS!!!!

Newborn and break doesn't go together :)....Congrats on he ATP!!

Congratulations! Being a Dad is the most important role in your life. Getting your ATP is quite an accomplishment as well.

Going way out on a limb here but to those of you who procreate I say "Thank You". I never had the urge to raise children, but admire those who take on that task and who do it with the best intentions of raising a child who do regardless of their political leanings. Right or left leaning there is a lesson the "youngn's" have to learn. IMO that responsibility is foregone by parents who leave the child to raise him/herself. Children are not mentally prepared to do that and need some parental guidance. If they don't get that they will be lead down the "Golden Path". You can't let kids raise themselves and expect them to be responsible adults regardless of your personal political leanings.

Nuff said.

Going way out on a limb here but to those of you who procreate I say "Thank You". I never had the urge to raise children, but admire those who take on that task and who do it with the best intentions of raising a child who do regardless of their political leanings. Right or left leaning there is a lesson the "youngn's" have to learn. IMO that responsibility is foregone by parents who leave the child to raise him/herself. Children are not mentally prepared to do that and need some parental guidance. If they don't get that they will be lead down the "Golden Path". You can't let kids raise themselves and expect them to be responsible adults regardless of your personal political leanings.

Nuff said.

You do know how to tell if a baby is going to be a liberal or conservative, right? The liberals come out crying while it takes a good smack on the butt to make the conservative cry. :D

Thanks for the love, everyone. It's been a stressful couple of weeks to say the least but now that these two hurdles have come and gone, it's nice to take a breather for a second.

I'm literally sitting in the hospital room right now with my wife who is in labor with our first child right now...any minute now my plane becomes the third most important thing (as my wife and baby have to take the top spots)

Cpt Kirk, now that your a old pro any advice to give a Newby such as myself?

Honestly congrats to you and your wife and to you for your ATP.

I'm sure we will trade war stories soon!
Old pro advice? lol, uhh getting them on a schedule has helped the most, I think. Everything is still chaotic right now and we're just taking it minute by minute.

Congratulations on your little one!

Nuff said.
What are you on about? My kid already has a box full of participation trophies. He may not be the best, but it needs to be recognized that he participated.

Just kidding. :D He'll be raised the right way. I think both my wife and I have pretty good heads on our shoulders.

July 6th is an auspicious day to be born. (I was.) Congratulations!

Congrats Cap'n and Happy Birthday JSS!

Congrats man! That's awesome.

Nuff said.

Nothing wrong with the choice that you made. Some people have to realize that having children is NOT for everyone. It's a lot of work and stressful but it's rewarding for some people and not all. It was rewarding for me but....some parents....I tell ya!!

Nothing wrong with the choice that you made. Some people have to realize that having children is NOT for everyone. It's a lot of work and stressful but it's rewarding for some people and not all. It was rewarding for me but....some parents....I tell ya!!

Thank you. Would you please tell my sister in law that? My wife and I made that choice early on. Sister in law never relented. Another friend who chose not to raise children, when asked if he had kids said "Yes,we have kids. We raise goats, and they don't complain when asked to mow the lawn". I thought his response was the best I've ever heard regarding the situation. And the kicker is that he and his wife did have a few acres and did indeed raise goats. No, he is not Muslim, just another American who values his freedom.

Disclaimer, should the MC decide to declare my post anti-anything. The statements above are truth.

Thank you. Would you please tell my sister in law that? My wife and I made that choice early on. Sister in law never relented. Another friend who chose not to raise children, when asked if he had kids said "Yes,we have kids. We raise goats, and they don't complain when asked to mow the lawn". I thought his response was the best I've ever heard regarding the situation. And the kicker is that he and his wife did have a few acres and did indeed raise goats. No, he is not Muslim, just another American who values his freedom.

Disclaimer, should the MC decide to declare my post anti-anything. The statements above are truth.

It's tough to change some people...they are programmed...probably since birth. One or two times a year, (Hopefully once a year) I hang out with my wifes distant inlaws. We were all talking and they were "rattling" a couple because they didn't have any children they DECIDED not to. I heard everything from: "Is something not working in the libido department" to "You are missing out on the rewards of being a parent" to "How can you be so selfish" People like to label others and if you are outside those labels they want to ask...whats wrong with you!!

I don't have kids. It wasn't a choice whether to have or not have, it just happened that way. At my age now while it is not impossible, but just I can't see myself being 75 and teaching someone to drive. Also I am not finished being a kid myself.

I am not against kids, some of my best friends have kids.

I told my wife adoption is Ok. I have had my eye on a couple of 21 year old Brazilian girls......

I don't have kids. It wasn't a choice whether to have or not have, it just happened that way. At my age now while it is not impossible, but just I can't see myself being 75 and teaching someone to drive. Also I am not finished being a kid myself.

I am not against kids, some of my best friends have kids.

I told my wife adoption is Ok. I have had my eye on a couple of 21 year old Brazilian girls......

27 and up...21 is a little too young for me. ;)

Sure, missing out on the rewards of bringing up your children, seeing them through high school and footing the bill for them through college/university onaly to see kids who were raised conservatively being indoctrinated into a way of thinking by those who have taken over our educational system. I'm thankful my non-existent children do not have to put up with that. Given a choice I would have sent them to the most conservative school district and the to Hillsdale College. Better for the young to be informed rather than indoctrinated into the ways of liberalism.

I haven't raised kids, but had I, I want them to think for themselves rather than follow a mantra I disagree with.

Thanks everybody! It's almost been two weeks and I think we're starting to get the hang of this stuff.

Congrats! The first year is kind of rough, then it gets much better.......until their teens, then rough comes back with a vengeance.

Captain & Dad at the same time...friggin' awesome :)

These first few months will be a haze, unusual attitudes...IFR!

It can be stressfull. When you hit your 90% stress level hand over to your wife. She'll do the same. The kid always falls asleep like 4 seconds after the wife takes them back and after they've cried like 30 minutes non-stop with you. And when anyone comes over to give you time to sleep, don't even let them finish the sentence...just go to sleep! Its tempting to want to talk and visit, don't...just sleep. Take lots of pictures and video, this time flys by and as hard as it is now you'll find yourself wishing you could be with them at this age...precious and vulnerable and only you to protect them and figure it all out with no comm's.

Congrats on the new rating and kid! Not everyone is cut out to raise children but the problem is that they don't know this until they have them. We've all seen parents that shouldn't have had children. I wanted one, my wife wanted three; we got two in one shot so that was a great compromise. My identical girls will be 22 in December and it seems like yesterday they were rolling around on the floor spitting up and pooping every 5 minutes. It goes fast, enjoy the ride.

Back