Burgers: Vegetarian edition

You’re missing out on a good protein source.

Blame my genes. Beans combined with rice are great at protein synthesis. They do not have protein in themselves but are readily converted as such as they do have complex carbs and some fats that can be rendered in to proteins. Most people do great on that.

I don't.

A couple slices of cheese, four slices of bacon, a big thick slice of tomato, some lettuce and a bit of mayo and just might have something there.

This thread makes as much sense as would one titled "Vegetables--the Carnivore Edition".

Fake meat ain't worth eating, it's either runny and tastless like tofu, or it has a wonderful cardboard texture . . . .

If you want meat, eat some. If you don't want meat, why would you want to dress your veggies up and pretend they are the meat you don't want??

"Vegetables are not food. Vegetables are what food eats." :cheers:

This thread makes as much sense as would one titled "Vegetables--the Carnivore Edition".

Fake meat ain't worth eating, it's either runny and tastless like tofu, or it has a wonderful cardboard texture . . . .

If you want meat, eat some. If you don't want meat, why would you want to dress your veggies up and pretend they are the meat you don't want??

"Vegetables are not food. Vegetables are what food eats." :cheers:

Hah! Quote from ALF!

Ha! I’ve always wondered that myself. The vegetarians won’t eat a stitch of meat, but they’ll try to find something to imitate it. What gives?

Ha! I’ve always wondered that myself. The vegetarians won’t eat a stitch of meat, but they’ll try to find something to imitate it. What gives?
Vegetarians don’t want to admit it but eating meat is one of two foundations of civilization. If it weren’t for the group effort required to produce both BBQ and beer mankind would still be uncivilized animals fighting over root vegetables and a cave to sleep in.

Personally I like a nice big juicy steak smothered in pork chops with a side of hamburger patties and ribs with pulled pork for dessert.

Personally I like a nice big juicy steak smothered in pork chops with a side of hamburger patties and ribs with pulled pork for dessert.

Observing what you've been posting Brian, I believe that. :rofl:

Back