Bose X repairs

Gerry C

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Gerry c
Does anyone know of a repair shop that has parts for a BOSE X? ANR not working. I would buy an old BOSE X that's not working for parts.

I repaired one of my Bose X headsets a few months ago. The left speaker was blown. I measured it and sorted thru all the ones on ebay and ali express till I found a likely candidate that would fit. The Bose X was not meant to be repaired and is a PIA to get apart. All the plugs going to the circuit board are potted with silicone and it is a tedious job. I have repaired ham radio gear all my life..this was not a fun project. I have success in that my headset does work again, but this left a bitter taste in my mouth for Bose headsets. Good luck .

Thanks. I've know about the Buy Back by BOSE & LIGHTSPEED for a long time. That does not address the lack of parts for my BOSE X. There must be some avionics shop that has some BOSE X parts.
What you might not have known is that Lightspeed lowered their trade-in value on the X somewhat recently. It used to be $400 but is now only $100, so that might tell you something about where the X is headed.

I repaired one of my Bose X headsets a few months ago. The left speaker was blown. I measured it and sorted thru all the ones on ebay and ali express till I found a likely candidate that would fit. The Bose X was not meant to be repaired and is a PIA to get apart. All the plugs going to the circuit board are potted with silicone and it is a tedious job. I have repaired ham radio gear all my life..this was not a fun project. I have success in that my headset does work again, but this left a bitter taste in my mouth for Bose headsets. Good luck .
It's very bad customer relations when you stop servicing a discontinued model of any product. Sure...every few years they offer a buy back discount on your old model. That leaves thousands (like me) of your old customers stranded. That's the new sales culture. "There is more money in selling a new expensive product ....rather than repair the customers old product." Sounds like the Apple policy. GR!!

Might reach out to PigPenRacing. He refurbishes and sells headsets. Works mostly with LightSpeed, not a fan of BOSE, but he might point you in the right direction.

It's very bad customer relations when you stop servicing a discontinued model of any product. Sure...every few years they offer a buy back discount on your old model. That leaves thousands (like me) of your old customers stranded. That's the new sales culture. "There is more money in selling a new expensive product ....rather than repair the customers old product." Sounds like the Apple policy. GR!!

I don't disagree with you. As the long-time owner of a Bose X (2006 to 2020) that became unrepairable, I too was forced to upgrade to the 20.

But I just looked, and the Bose X hasn't been sold since 2010. That's 11 years ago. I'm not sure how long I really expected them to continue supporting a discontinued product. What seems reasonable?

From what I discovered during the repair of my Bose X, I seriously doubt Bose repaired the electronics since it is such a PIA to disassemble...probably just did an exchange . Now, if you only need a yoke or ear seals, they are available from vendors on ebay or amazon. I am thinking possibly Lightspeed next time or just staying with passive noise reduction. I was looking more for comfort than noise reduction...I don't like tight head clamping headsets.

I need a microphone for a Bose X but they are nowhere to be found. I have basically just given up on them.

There is nothing exotic about a condenser mic element...if that is the issue...could be a broken connection.

I need a microphone for a Bose X but they are nowhere to be found. I have basically just given up on them.
Will you sell your nu-serviceable Bose X?

Back