Bird Strike at FL380??

This is silly. I don't care how you spin it. Endeavor or Enviy or whatever IS NOT DELTA AIRLINES. it's a different operating certificate (the be all end all in 121 ops). Delta can buy Walmart, but that doesn't make Walmart casiers Delta pilots.
The only tie is a contract for services. Tomorrow Endevour or Envoy could make a deal with American and be be American commuters. They could do that even being owned by Delta.
Do they wear double breasted jackets???

Making the pay at Endeavor what it is, is what it is in order to keep the doors open at the joint.. The ship was/is sinking and the rats were headed other directions.

Ship was sinking. Now there's growth because other carriers are sinking. But whatever, I'm done here.

This non-sense on if the plane was Delta or not is stupid. Delta owns 9E, Delta operates 9E, but the flight isn't Delta, you buy a ticket on it, it says Endeavor Air d/b/a Delta Connection.

Last edited:
Birds are amazing. They have an incredibly efficient pulmonary system, way way better than ours. At altitudes where we're unconscious they can fly, which is strenuous exercise for them. And yes, Canada geese and other birds have been seen in the flight levels. And your day is going to turn out poorly if you hit a Canada goose in any aircraft.

Delta owns 9E, Delta operates 9E, but the flight isn't Delta, you buy a ticket on it, it says Endeavor Air d/b/a Delta Connection.

Endeavor Air dba Delta Connection. Not Delta. ;)

Even Delta admits they're not Delta.

EVERYONE knows Doesn't Even Leave The Airport has never bird(s) in flight.

Ahhh.... So now it's settled..?? Regional airlines dba delta, AA, UA, etc... They even get new contracts and change affiliates. Some even have more than one affiliate, and at one point are Delta (connection) and later in the day are American (Eagle).

That may be slightly off, but reasonably close.

Ahhh.... So now it's settled..?? Regional airlines dba delta, AA, UA, etc... They even get new contracts and change affiliates. Some even have more than one affiliate, and at one point are Delta (connection) and later in the day are American (Eagle).

Depends on the airline, but yes. The best are the regionals that have the generic painted planes that they can shuffle between operators.

Except that none of that is true for Endeavor. It's owned by Delta and flies Delta routes. No other contracts, no changing affiliates. "Chili's Too," the fast-food version of Chili's, is still Chili's. And no one, outside of the pilots, nobody cares that Delta and Delta Connection have a different CBA and seniority list.

Whose 10q reflects 100% of Endeavor's revenue? Whose shareholders will take a hit if Endeavor has a major incident?

Except that none of that is true for Endeavor. It's owned by Delta and flies Delta routes. No other contracts, no changing affiliates. "Chili's Too," the fast-food version of Chili's, is still Chili's. And no one, outside of the pilots, nobody cares that Delta and Delta Connection have a different CBA and seniority list.

Whose 10q reflects 100% of Endeavor's revenue? Whose shareholders will take a hit if Endeavor has a major incident?
1) Most importantly, it's a different operating certificate.
2) Delta could sell them tomorrow.
3) I do believe the general public know and care. Not as much as they used to when the regional carriers flew turboprops, but I still hear people complain about the smaller jets.

And no one, outside of the pilots, nobody cares that Delta and Delta Connection have a different CBA and seniority list.

So you're saying that if Delta had an incident/accident and PoA had a thread about it (which we certainly would), we shouldn't care whether the plane was mainline or not? Just treat it all the same for the purposes of that discussion?

So you're saying that if Delta had an incident/accident and PoA had a thread about it (which we certainly would), we shouldn't care whether the plane was mainline or not? Just treat it all the same for the purposes of that discussion?
POA would not be part of, "outside of pilots" in the post you quoted. I'm not sure many from the general public know the difference. They might know the airplanes are bigger but not much else.

POA would not be part of, "outside of pilots" in the post you quoted. I'm not sure many from the general public know the difference. They might know the airplanes are bigger but not much else.

He said outide of *the* pilots, which I took to mean the pilots of Delta and Endeavor. I agree that the general public doesn't make a distinction, but this is PoA. We discuss the operational aspects of aviation all the time, and within that context, I think it's fair to treat the two as distinct, since operationally, they definitely are.

He said outide of *the* pilots, which I took to mean the pilots of Delta and Endeavor. I agree that the general public doesn't make a distinction, but this is PoA. We discuss the operational aspects of aviation all the time, and within that context, I think it's fair to treat the two as distinct, since operationally, they definitely are.
I agree that "the" pilots at Delta and Endeavor would care. The pilots on POA, less so, depending on their background, and the general public, not so much. I think they are distinct even though one is owned by the other, but I don't know how much similarity there is in how they are trained and operate. I assume there are differences but that is just an assumption. Coincidentally I sometimes fly with a pilot who left Endeavor but we have not discussed anything like that.

1) Most importantly, it's a different operating certificate.
Exactly. Doesn't matter who owns them, unless they are flying on Delta's Operating Certificate...not Delta.

It really isn't much different than Eagle. I don't think anyone that was at Eagle had any misconceptions that they were American Airlines pilots.

Mainline vs. Regional is an entirely different question than Delta vs. Not-Delta. The later really is a distinction like AT&T vs. AT&T Mobility, Disney vs. Disney Channel, Sony vs. Sony Electronics, NBC vs. NBC News, or any of a thousand similar examples of distinctions that almost nobody outside of those intimately involved would make.

Mainline vs. Regional is an entirely different question than Delta vs. Not-Delta. The later really is a distinction like AT&T vs. AT&T Mobility, Disney vs. Disney Channel, Sony vs. Sony Electronics, NBC vs. NBC News, or any of a thousand similar examples of distinctions that almost nobody outside of those intimately involved would make.
Lol!!! No. That's basically it.

Chili's Too "pilots" are paid "Chili's" wages.

Endeavor is not Delta...

This is not opinion, it is fact.

That's like saying AT&T Mobility isn't AT&T. It may be technically true in a legal sense, but in every way that matters to 99% of the population, they're the same. It's not a distinction worth getting wrapped around the axle about.
It is if you're a pilot at endeavor and would like to be a pilot at delta. They are two distinct companies.

It is if you're a pilot at endeavor and would like to be a pilot at delta. They are two distinct companies.

Exactly..

Until Endeavor pilots are seeing a paycheck with the name "Delta" written on it, they are not one in the same.

I'm not sure why this is even a discussion. Endevour, envoys, Skywest, republic, whatever.
It's a contract carrier, not the main line.

I give up.

I'm not sure why this is even a discussion. Endevour, envoys, Skywest, republic, whatever.
It's a contract carrier, not the main line.

I give up.

Because that's what the Internet has turned into.. Arguments about the most mundane and trivial and here we just add in aviation topics.

Back