Best cloud seen during flight

Bradley W

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
American459
Mine was over the northeast flying on AA from DFW. It was a cloud from an overnight tstorm which had rained itself out before reaching the ground.We were in the cloud during the entire climb !

Um...I saw one one day that looked like Snoopy on his doghouse. Not the first to see something similar. Not my pic, mine is only in my noggin.

images

Last edited:
I flew through a winding "cloud canyon" once. Way cool narrow canyon flying. Didnt matter if you hit the walls either!

These are pretty unique..
Amazing%2BCloud%2BBanks%2B-2.jpg

73cd92da3979de8d037935853b02c7d6--in-the-clouds-allah.jpg

Yep, one of the best things about being a pilot is the view from the cockpit window including clouds.

I flew through a winding "cloud canyon" once. Way cool narrow canyon flying. Didnt matter if you hit the walls either!

I flew through a cloud canyon once, came to the end, then turned around. Ruh-Roh, Relroy, it closed up behind me too! Then, a nice flash of lightning across the nose and I was doing a fast spiral to get down on the deck. I was then able to escape the storm (with a little help from radio).

I called my instructor the next day and started IR training.

Can new weather radars track clouds or still just the green rain on the RADAR ?

Sort of cloud related - last night flying across (all of) Texas and La, I was atop a solid deck with a moon above. There was lots of traffic and those above me had contrails. The contrails themselves looked cool illuminated by the moon but they also made shadows on the cloud deck below. Multiple attempts at (iphone) photography produced only black images.

Climbing over a nasty storm at night over Chicago enroute to Oshkosh. We were climbing through 13,500 in my 182 and almost got closed in on. Wasn’t the most fun I’ve ever had. DA5237CC-06CC-465A-AEDF-1CC6C01652A4.jpeg50842F10-BA09-4472-8C0C-3B670B9B71EC.png

Back