Bendixking AeroFlight (KI 300) and AeroCruze (KFC 230)

It's not mine. But, the KI-300 is really a repackaged Sandia 340A. I have a very similar pic of one of those, and to my knowledge the issue has not been fixed yet. I can't believe the FAA certified the KI-300 the way it is.

Hey folks, Andrew Barker here. I am holding down the fort on the forums since Steve has moved on to his new opportunity.

There have been some issues with panel tilt and calibration with the KI300s. Have you contacted our support staff to verify that you have the correct panel tilt or has this unit been back to us to verify it's calibration?

~Andrew

20180208_222101.jpg

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but when I see what purports to be a BK company photo advertising an illegal com frequency, I begin to doubt the integrity of the company.

123.4 and 123.45 are absolutely and irrevocably listed in the FCC legal frequency list as Manufacturer Test frequencies only. No wiggle room. Absolutely. Not a 'wink-wink' chatter frequency. Lots of us in the biz have jumped through a lot of hoops to get these frequencies to do our testing, and to have some bozo come on the channel talking to BillyBob about the great burgers over at Sally's Hash House on Barnyard Airport it disrupts some large dollar tests that we have to repeat.

You all wonder why avionics costs so much? Crap like this makes the product cost more. And guess what? We ain't gonna absorb the extra costs. We simply pass them on to you.

Jim

I was going to ask for a replacement or warranty unit for the KI-300 but it seems clear they have no intention to fix this life-threatening problem with this atittude indicator given how many years this problem has been occurring so I'm going with a different brand. I hope no one dies as a result of this product, I can't understand how the FAA lets this slide.

IMG_0888 (1).jpeg

I was going to ask for a replacement or warranty unit for the KI-300 but it seems clear they have no intention to fix this life-threatening problem with this atittude indicator given how many years this problem has been occurring so I'm going with a different brand. I hope no one dies as a result of this product, I can't understand how the FAA lets this slide.

View attachment 87245

Ugh. Yes, see earlier in the thread for another, more extreme example of "KI-300 spatial disorientation." What an absolute junk product.

My KI-256 will be coming out in the next couple of weeks, to be replaced with a Garmin GI-275. Just waiting for our new engine monitor to show up at the avionics shop before we get started.

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but when I see what purports to be a BK company photo advertising an illegal com frequency, I begin to doubt the integrity of the company.

123.4 and 123.45 are absolutely and irrevocably listed in the FCC legal frequency list as Manufacturer Test frequencies only. No wiggle room. Absolutely. Not a 'wink-wink' chatter frequency.

I understand what you're getting at here -- but just as a side note, 123.45 is used as an air-to-air frequency in remote and oceanic areas. So it's not unusual to have it up and running on a lot of flight decks on a regular basis.

https://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/Order/6050.32B Chg 1.pdf

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but wondering if there has been any updates on KFC230? I have a KFC150 that is causing issues. With OH servos costing $2-3k each and OH computer for $4-7k I would be mostly there going KFC230. But I have an Aspen PFD/MFD through the ACU100 controlling the KFC150 and have heard there won't be support for digital integration for Aspen, but may be able to use the analog circuits like I an with the KFC150 currently. And for those that want to say- buy a GFC500, or Dynon, etc- would be $30-50k plus to outfit not only AP but swap the Aspen for GI275s or G500Txi or Dynon panel. T

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but wondering if there has been any updates on KFC230? I have a KFC150 that is causing issues. With OH servos costing $2-3k each and OH computer for $4-7k I would be mostly there going KFC230. But I have an Aspen PFD/MFD through the ACU100 controlling the KFC150 and have heard there won't be support for digital integration for Aspen, but may be able to use the analog circuits like I an with the KFC150 currently. And for those that want to say- buy a GFC500, or Dynon, etc- would be $30-50k plus to outfit not only AP but swap the Aspen for GI275s or G500Txi or Dynon panel. T

Just don't. A friend of mine put a BK Aerocruz in his airplane to replace a KFC150. It's been nothing but problems, and BK refuses to provide any support to the dealer.

"Just don't. A friend of mine put a BK Aerocruz in his airplane to replace a KFC150. It's been nothing but problems, and BK refuses to provide any support to the dealer."
Absolutely, a company that deserves to die, hated by even their own parent company.

Back