Barefoot Bandit taken into custody.

Why would they put him in prison? Jeekers, there's barely enough room as it is for all the drug addicts and mental patients.

plea deal pending

If he stole/wrecked my stuff he'd be pleading for something, too.
I think they will be going waay too easy on him.
suspected of 80 crimes, might only get 4 years and probably off early.

Why would they put him in prison? Jeekers, there's barely enough room as it is for all the drug addicts and mental patients.
Because that is where the thief belongs.

He must be democrat, he has no conscience, and believes the world owes him a living. (share the wealth)
AN OBVIOUS REPUBLICAN, he doesn't think the rules apply to him He is only concerned about himself, no thought for others.

AN OBVIOUS REPUBLICAN, he doesn't think the rules apply to him He is only concerned about himself, no thought for others.

"" Doing a little trolling are you? ""

It worked.

The state charges and the county charges are not included in the plea deal, just the federal charges, he still has illegal gun possession charges and home invasion buggery charges in Island County to face after serving the sentence for the federal stuff.

IAW the local radio interview with the Island county prosecutor.

he still has buggery charges in Island County to face after serving the sentence for the federal stuff.

Those are 'Burglary' charges against him. 'Buggery' is what He'll get if he is put in the general jail population. Which sounds like a good idea to me. Dave

Those are 'Burglary' charges against him. 'Buggery' is what He'll get if he is put in the general jail population. Which sounds like a good idea to me. Dave

A good idea would be to have the boat and aircraft owners he stole from, make up the jury here in Island County.

I don't care where they try the guilty bustard, as long as he gets a fair trial before the hanging! Dave

A good idea would be to have the boat and aircraft owners he stole from, make up the jury here in Island County.

You wouldn't want to have a prejudiced jury-pool. Next thing, the trial gets moved to King County and they give him a medal for not having killed anyone yet.

You wouldn't want to have a prejudiced jury-pool. Next thing, the trial gets moved to King County and they give him a medal for not having killed anyone yet.

You don't know how true that could be. :rolleyes2:

"Non Violent Offender".... That's the reality check. The US has the prisons clogged with violent offenders and mandatory sentence druggies, there just isn't room for non violent people. It's easier and cheaper to put an anklet on him and put him in a work release house somewhere, and IMO, more fitting. The burden to house a non violent offender in our prison system is too high on our society. Put him in a monitored and supervised setting and teach him to be a productive human. It's cheaper in the long and short run. Do you all realize the the Bastion of Freedom and Liberty, the USA, incarcerates a higher percentage of its population than anywhere else in the world? We have the highest violent crime rate as well. Ever consider the relationship between those factors? Then there is another relationship that the vast majority of those violent offenses are directly related to the illegal drug trade mostly in distribution "turf" disputes.

The whole "imprisonment" thing just isn't working out in our favor. As most simple solutions to complex problems, it just doesn't work.

BTW, anyone who thinks he won't be a hero in the prison system doesn't understand the system.

Last edited:
"Non Violent Offender".... That's the reality check. The US has the prisons clogged with violent offenders and mandatory sentence druggies, there just isn't room for non violent people. It's easier and cheaper to put an anklet on him and put him in a work release house somewhere, and IMO, more fitting. The burden to house a non violent offender in our prison system is too high on our society. Put him in a monitored and supervised setting and teach him to be a productive human. It's cheaper in the long and short run. Do you all realize the the Bastion of Freedom and Liberty, the USA, incarcerates a higher percentage of its population than anywhere else in the world? We have the highest violent crime rate as well. Ever consider the relationship between those factors? Then there is another relationship that the vast majority of those violent offenses are directly related to the illegal drug trade mostly in distribution "turf" disputes.

The whole "imprisonment" thing just isn't working out in our favor. As most simple solutions to complex problems, it just doesn't work.

BTW, anyone who thinks he won't be a hero in the prison system doesn't understand the system.
If we know one thing about this kid, an ankle bracelet will not confine him. The cost of imprisoning him would be significantly less than the economic damage he is capable of.
The U.S. has the highest violent crime rate? Are you kidding? Ever hear of Columbia or South Africa?
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_ass_percap-crime-assaults-per-capita
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_percap-crime-murders-per-capita

I don't care if he is a hero in prison. I just don't want him stealing airplanes.

Last edited:
If we know one thing about this kid, an ankle bracelet will not confine him. The cost of imprisoning him would be significantly less than the economic damage he is capable of.
The U.S. has the highest violent crime rate? Are you kidding? Ever hear of Columbia or South Africa?
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_ass_percap-crime-assaults-per-capita
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_percap-crime-murders-per-capita

I don't care if he is a hero in prison. I just don't want him stealing airplanes.

What is going on in Columbia and So Africa isn't "crime" really, it's more of a civil war, especially with the Saffos. Columbia has no leadership because we back the Cartel who kills their leadership.

85K to buy, and how much more to get it flying. cowling The whole tail section is bent. Firewall,,and front wheel assembly, Wings and struts. I will keep my 1959 and be thankful that someone else has this one.
:D

I'm just assuming that the insurance company "totaled" it, so the $85,000 is profit. Right?

The Insurance Co. sold it to a company to retrieve it and do what ever with it I would think. That group is putting it up for sale, is what I would bet.

I'm just assuming that the insurance company "totaled" it, so the $85,000 is profit. Right?
When the insurance company totals it you get the money - not the bird. They usually turn around and sell it to someone for dirt cheap and that someone is now trying to resell it.

The Insurance Co. sold it to a company to retrieve it and do what ever with it I would think. That group is putting it up for sale, is what I would bet.

No, the insurance company pays a company to retrieve it and store it then puts it out for bid. Sometimes the retrieval and storage company will bid, sometimes not, depends if they are in the repair and salvage business or not. Bidding is typically "sealed bid" and the highest bidder is awarded the property. Every instance I'm aware of, it has been two separate transactions if there is any real value involved in the salvage. I did negotiate the engine and prop off of an Arrow II as part of my fee for recovering and transporting several storm totaled aircraft off of an airport, but that was one deal out of many recoveries and I initiated it and it had "to go through channels" for a couple of weeks before it happened.

Avionics, an engine core and maybe some control surfaces that didn't get bent. Dont think it adds up to 85k.

Maybe to someone like White or Dodson who have the storage and distribution infrastructure. No real reason the engine is core, although I would definitely be bidding it as such. As for rebuilding it and it "being worth $250,000 when fixed" ehhhhh.... doubt it. At an $85k buy price, he'd have to throw in those other 2 props for there to be a margin there on the repair. I'd bid it closer to $30k.

blanket plea agreement will avoid trials in more than a dozen jurisdictions.
Colton Harris-Moore is accused of evading authorities for two years in pilfered cars, boats and small planes after escaping a halfway house near Seattle. Last year, he allegedly stole a plane in Indiana and crash-landed it in the Bahamas before Bahamian police caught him in a stolen boat.

The lesson here, boys and girls, is to make your crime spree really extensive, long duration, in endless locations, and messy so you can complain when you're caught that it would be too big of a task to make you answer for all of what you did.

The lesson here, boys and girls, is to make your crime spree really extensive, long duration, in endless locations, and messy so you can complain when you're caught that it would be too big of a task to make you answer for all of what you did.

Know why the plea deal hasn't been completed?

Island county prosecutor won't deal.

This story has a little more information.

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/mobile/?type=story&id=2014724156&

Scanlan said after the hearing that any resolution will likely mean that Harris-Moore would plead guilty not only to federal charges but to selected state charges in other jurisdictions. There are as many as 70 charges pending against Harris-Moore in 17 jurisdictions.
Harris-Moore, 20, was charged in November in U.S. District Court in Seattle with interstate transportation of a stolen aircraft, interstate and foreign transportation of a stolen firearm, being a fugitive in possession of a firearm, piloting an aircraft without a valid airman certificate, and interstate transportation of a stolen vessel.
Four of the counts are punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. Piloting an aircraft without an airman certificate is punishable by up to three years.

It makes a lot more sense to consolidate the charges than to have taxpayers foot the bill for a dozen trials.

If he does his time in the Federal system, he'll serve 85% or more of his sentence.

Let's see what the details of the plea agreement before we declare it a "win" for this kid.

The kid has Browne for a mouthpiece. Browne is well know here in the NW for taking high profile and unusual cases. Browne has been on TV stating that all profits from a book or movie deal would be paid as restitution. He makes it sound vary noble.what ever happens Coulton might not see a dime but you know whatever happens Browne will get a piece of the pie. I think Island county has a big hard on and wants a "fair trail before the hanging." Dave

The kid has Browne for a mouthpiece. Browne is well know here in the NW for taking high profile and unusual cases. Browne has been on TV stating that all profits from a book or movie deal would be paid as restitution. He makes it sound vary noble.what ever happens Coulton might not see a dime but you know whatever happens Browne will get a piece of the pie. I think Island county has a big hard on and wants a "fair trail before the hanging." Dave
Hanging? He deserves better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjDIrjg1M9s

I wonder how much of the profits would be eaten up by his attorneys before the victims get paid. The Cessna Corvalis he stole was under-insured.

Surprise!

Facing up to 10 years in prison for a string of at least 30 thefts and burglaries, Harris-Moore is pleading with the judge to consider a psychological profile that describes a traumatized and often hungry boy from a broken home, lashing out at his "abusive" mother with ever more extravagant stunts and heists.

Earlier this year, Harris-Moore pled guilty to separate federal charges for the two-year crime spree, with total damages equaling about $3 million.
This summer, Harris-Moore sold his story to Twentieth-Century Fox for $1.3 million. Under the plea agreement, the money will go toward paying back his multitude of victims.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justic...broken-home-sparked-international-crime-spree

Well that'll do it then, once he comes up with the remaining $2 million.

Back