Banned from Beechtalk for no good reason

How about Real Estate commissions? 6% standard and price fixed by agreement with most RE Brokers.

I used a broker when I bought my plane, he was quite a character by the name of Chuck Badger.

Read my post carefully, I said buyers broker, sellers are different, they have more overhead
Also in real estate the seller and buyer split the commission, doesn't work that way in aviation. The BB really shouldn't need to spend much time if the buyer knows what they want, I pity the fool who has to work with the OP

I've done the BB for several deals, it does tend to save them time and hassle as there is someone who filters the deals for them.

Read my post carefully, I said buyers broker, sellers are different, they have more overhead
Also in real estate the seller and buyer split the commission, doesn't work that way in aviation. The BB really shouldn't need to spend much time if the buyer knows what they want, I pity the fool who has to work with the OP[/QUOT

In real estate deals the seller typically pays the commission.
The seller usually prices the property higher to cover the commission.

So here's a question: during this 1.5+ year search, how many of us first time buyers have closed on an aircraft? Not sure about the rest of you first time buyers, but I've successfully logged 90 hours since my purchase... Not exactly airline captain hours, but I gotta work too..

As a first time buyer, I had to ignore the possibility and hope no one beat me to it while I spent two more months finishing up my PPL. Trying to finagle the plane at the same time was too much distraction. We closed six weeks after my checkride, mostly spent dickering with banks, not the seller.

That was seven years and 600 hours ago . . . and many, many great experiences and memories with the plane. We have done things not possible other than by general aviation.

I have been a member over at BT for several years. IMHO, they provide the best portal for Beech owners to get information out there. I am a Cessna guy on a Beech site. Once, a member got a little holier than thou with my choice of aircraft (a Skylane) and it was the other Beech owners who stood up for me. THAT is the type of people who are on Beechtalk.

I have seen a few members booted and all were for good reason. I don't particularly remember the OP over there but I am sure the Jeff's made a decision based on what it best for the group. It's is their site free to it's members and they take pride in providing it.

Kevin

brian];1523150 said:
So here's a question: during this 1.5+ year search, how many of us first time buyers have closed on an aircraft? Not sure about the rest of you first time buyers, but I've successfully logged 90 hours since my purchase... Not exactly airline captain hours, but I gotta work too..

I purchased my first plane last October(2013) and put a deposit on my second last week. I should take delivery of #2 next week when I'm in the states again. The second plane I bought was listed on TAP in July come the 5th of August it was sold. Some people are dreamers and spend their whole life talking(typing) about what they are going to do. I think that the OP should go out and find a nice 150 as his starting point. In a few months or a year he can trade up if he wants, for now he is just a window shopper. :yes:

I have been a member over at BT for several years. IMHO, they provide the best portal for Beech owners to get information out there. I am a Cessna guy on a Beech site. Once, a member got a little holier than thou with my choice of aircraft (a Skylane) and it was the other Beech owners who stood up for me. THAT is the type of people who are on Beechtalk.

I'm not a busy poster on that site, but I have asked questions and gotten great feedback. I think it all depends on your approach with things.

I've owned four planes and always found something suitable within 30 days or so of deciding to buy/upgrade.

I have seen a few members booted and all were for good reason. I don't particularly remember the OP over there but I am sure the Jeff's made a decision based on what it best for the group. It's is their site free to it's members and they take pride in providing it.

Kevin
I have had a similar experience on BT and I own a Piper

I've owned four planes and always found something suitable within 30 days or so of deciding to buy/upgrade.

Airplanes and boats are much easier to buy than to sell! :D I have never spent more than 45 days looking for an airplane after I sold the previous one! :D

Say - isn't Ben in the process of buying an airplane right now? (Like in the past few weeks?)

Airplanes and boats are much easier to buy than to sell! :D I have never spent more than 45 days looking for an airplane after I sold the previous one! :D

True. I tried on my own for quite awhile on sale of last one. Finally turned it over to a broker and sold in 30 days. He brought a dose of reality to my pricing, contrary to what some here believe.

BT won't admit this but the real reason I was booted was because I called out abuse heaped on me by a few unsavory characters on that forum bordering on libel and slander legal terms and Jeff Carneal who runs the site didn't want to deal with it. At least that's what I see. Jeff did not want to deal with policing his own forum. I'm an ABS member so frankly I really could care less at this point because I have what I need regarding Beechcraft information.

Last edited:
So it came to a head today. I learned that Beechtalk forum is infested by greedy sales con artists called brokers who jack up the price of aircraft by 20-30%. I called them on this bluff and was banned as a result. A lot of cranky pilots on that forum even though there are some good Beech pilots there as well. Here is what the admin tells me today:

BeechTalk Admin <contactbt@beechtalk.com>
1:25 PM (3 hours ago)

to Sky
Ben,

We have found your posts are not conducive to the environment we are fostering at BeechTalk. We wish you the best in your new forum.

Take care,
Jeff

Complete BS!

I was receiving personal attacks and complained that's why

Wrong the broker was rude to me. Prices there higher than elsewhere from what I've seen shopping as well.

BT won't admit this but the real reason I was booted was because I called out abuse heaped on me by a few unsavory characters on that forum bordering on libel and slander legal terms and Jeff Carneal who runs the site didn't want to deal with it. At least that's what I see. Jeff did not want to deal with policing his own forum. I'm an ABS member so frankly I really could care less at this point because I have what I need regarding Beechcraft information.

cat-saturday-201_zps20d0fd42.jpg

This super douche bag has been wasting people's time and money in person and arguing on other boards with his pathetic views on buying pricing and ownership.

He has also managed to annoy one of the most reputable and easy going brokers in the business over on BT with is inane BS and ridiculous assumptions. But by no means take my word on this....one only has to read Ben's numerous other diatribes on other boards with many different handles.

It's always somebody else's fault causing him so much distress and problems buying an airplane. Brokers, banks, owners..... you name it.

It's easy to hide behind an Internet forum and hurl insults and make libel slander statements just be advised you can also get sued in court for damages for this.

It's easy to hide behind an Internet forum and hurl insults and make libel slander statements just be advised you can also get sued in court for damages for this.
Something you might want to take to heart. There are no damages from being called a douche. However there might by from accusing a broker of dishonesty.

Something you might want to take to heart. There are no damages from being called a douche. However there might by from accusing a broker of dishonesty.

Also the truth is a defense to accusations of libel or slander :D *.

*just as a general point of information of course

That's kind of unlikely. Calling a broker dishonest would probably be considered a statement of opinion. If, however, you said that a broker had lied to you, that's a statement of fact, and if false, could be actionable.

Statements of opinion are not subject to libel/slander.

That's kind of unlikely. Calling a broker dishonest would probably be considered a statement of opinion. If, however, you said that a broker had lied to you, that's a statement of fact, and if false, could be actionable.

Statements of opinion are not subject to libel/slander.

However they are open to defamation, again though, loss has to be shown.

However they are open to defamation, again though, loss has to be shown.

Not for statements of opinion. Defamation is simply a generalized term for libel/slander. Statements of opinion are never subject to damages.

Ben, I would hate to be in your shoes at the moment. Especially if you end up buying a Beechcraft. Let me clarify:

I didn't know they ever made 4 seat bonanzas. I even thought all the V-Tails were 6 seat "big engine" aircraft that I might be interested in one day if I had a business need.

What I have discovered is that I'm likely to be a repeat Beech buyer in the long run. I have my "fun" airplane and the business airplane will likely have been made by Beech. ABS is great, but not having access to BeechTalk would be rough. Lot's of activity over there and people that will bend over backwards to help if you get into a bind - excellent bunch of folks.

Settle down. "Eat some crow." Build up the piggy bank. Then let's all get together somewhere and have a beer after you finally buy whatever aircraft you decide is worth the financial headaches....

This super douche bag has been wasting people's time and money in person and arguing on other boards with his pathetic views on buying pricing and ownership.

Sounds like someone has a secret admirer. Or - one might say, a stalker. Came over to this board to dish on someone in context from another board?

The OP may very well be a douche bag. He sounds like he's burning bridges around the flying community, but to come here with a first post and stick a fork in a guy's eye is rather -- interesting.

Welcome to POA. :D

Sounds like you've got the opposite of a class action suit on your hands -- one plaintiff, and a few hundred defendants that have all come to the same conclusion about you.

Sounds like you've got the opposite of a class action suit on your hands -- one plaintiff, and a few hundred defendants that have all come to the same conclusion about you.
Been there, done that. :)

Ron Wanttaja

The fact that you can't see after 9 pages of discussion that you played a HUGE part in your demise speaks volumes to the real issue. That issue is you...

As I finally figured out after my divorce, only 50% of the problem left, the other 50% of the problem stayed behind...:eek:

Look in the mirror Ben. You've got some work to do.

While there is some good info there, I, too, have found "management" inconsistent in their censoring. While the general rule on pricing is no discussion, they certainly tolerate pilots raving about how good a deal it is and how it wont last long, etc, etc, but ONE word along the lines of "its priced too high" and you get your comment deleted.

Prima Donnas.

While there is some good info there, I, too, have found "management" inconsistent in their censoring. While the general rule on pricing is no discussion, they certainly tolerate pilots raving about how good a deal it is and how it wont last long, etc, etc, but ONE word along the lines of "its priced too high" and you get your comment deleted.

Prima Donnas.

I doubt that it's any different here. From the Rules of Conduct:

"When a member lists an item for sale, please do not comment on the value of the goods offered, unless specifically requested by the original poster."

Is POA management really going to complain if someone posts a positive comment about an item offered in the classified section?

No two airplanes are exactly the same, nor are any two sellers exactly the same. Did you know that brokers represent sellers? In other words, it's the seller that dictates the price of an airplane, not the broker. True, we (brokers) can and should suggest a reasonable asking price for a plane, but in the end it's the owner of the plane that has final say so.

If you don't like the price someone (seller or broker) is asking for a particular plane, move on and find one you do like. Plane and simple (pun intended). What's the point in getting all worked up over it. Don't question it, don't respond to it, don't fight over it. Get over it.

Yep, and another one of the ground rules is that if you want to sell something there you have to pay them to do so.
No true. Commercial sales - yes. Non-comercial - no. I'm guessing you can neither read the rules nor follow them.

And anything critical will be dealt with.
Yes, if one cannot follow the rules, there will be consequences.

They even go so far as to edit your posts to bring them in line with "the environment they are fostering".
Not true. Posts have been deleted by the Admins, but not edited.

It seems that some who cannot follow rules also lie about it. If you don't want to be part of a civilized group, and follow some pretty basic rules, don't post on BeechTalk.

No true. Commercial sales - yes. Non-comercial - no. I'm guessing you can neither read the rules nor follow them.

Yes, if one cannot follow the rules, there will be consequences.

Not true. Posts have been deleted by the Admins, but not edited.

It seems that some who cannot follow rules also lie about it. If you don't want to be part of a civilized group, and follow some pretty basic rules, don't post on BeechTalk.

Only a sith deals in absolutes. I most certianly had a post edited. "To bring it in line" as they put it.

Their definition of commercial sales is rather broad.

Rules are rules, I get it. That's why I don't post there. I'm just saying the rules are idiotic that's all. If you want a place to go have a circle jerk with people posting paid endorsements for GAMIjectors. It's a great for that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back