Banned from Beechtalk for no good reason

skynewbie

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
checkmysix
So it came to a head today. I learned that Beechtalk forum is infested by greedy sales con artists called brokers who jack up the price of aircraft by 20-30%. I called them on this bluff and was banned as a result. A lot of cranky pilots on that forum even though there are some good Beech pilots there as well. Here is what the admin tells me today:

BeechTalk Admin <contactbt@beechtalk.com>
1:25 PM (3 hours ago)

to Sky
Ben,

We have found your posts are not conducive to the environment we are fostering at BeechTalk. We wish you the best in your new forum.

Take care,
Jeff

Complete BS!

There are a few good people there, but I never found any special info that I can't find elsewhere.

When I had my Travelair,I was a participant,never had any problems. Got some good info from the site.

When I had my Travelair,I was a participant,never had any problems. Got some good info from the site.

Ditto. There are good folks and some very good information there.

Not sure I agree with the "no good reason" part, but to each his own.

peter-griffin-who-the-hell-cares_zps323995e3.jpg

So it came to a head today. I learned that Beechtalk forum is infested by greedy sales con artists called brokers who jack up the price of aircraft by 20-30%. I called them on this bluff and was banned as a result. A lot of cranky pilots on that forum even though there are some good Beech pilots there as well. Here is what the admin tells me today:

BeechTalk Admin <contactbt@beechtalk.com>
1:25 PM (3 hours ago)

to Sky
Ben,

We have found your posts are not conducive to the environment we are fostering at BeechTalk. We wish you the best in your new forum.

Take care,
Jeff

Complete BS!

Isn't one of the ground rules of the sales forum at BT that you're not supposed to criticize the prices of the aircraft posted for sale?

And now, you're cross posting a private message from BT to other boards?

I'm guessing the problem will be apparent if you look in a mirror.

Isn't one of the ground rules of the sales forum at BT that you're not supposed to criticize the prices of the aircraft posted for sale?

And now, you're cross posting a private message from BT to other boards?

I'm guessing the problem will be apparent if you look in a mirror.

Yep, and another one of the ground rules is that if you want to sell something there you have to pay them to do so. And anything critical will be dealt with. They even go so far as to edit your posts to bring them in line with "the environment they are fostering". Ain't no place for me. But, hey if you want to hear the latest sales pitch from GAMI, it's a great place.

. They even go so far as to edit your posts to bring them in line with "the environment they are fostering". .

Ouch. I left early, now I'm busting my arm patting myself on the back. They seem to have some rectal tension problems.

Well, I wouldn't have personally attacked you, but you'd have certainly "heard from me" if you had interfered with the sale of my airplane.

I would recommend using an outlet other than a discussion forum to sell something if you weren't looking for a discussion, but that's just me.

Ouch. I left early, now I'm busting my arm patting myself on the back. They seem to have some rectal tension problems.

They lost some of the smarter guys because the paying guys get the voice. Sucks too because the ABS forums are dead..and just as bad.

Ben
I saw your comments and complaints I. Your quest to get a perfect airplane for little to no investment. In my opinion most of those on BT , especially the broker you are most likley referring to were very patient with you.

I would recommend using an outlet other than a discussion forum to sell something if you weren't looking for a discussion, but that's just me.

Understand your point.

A discussion is one thing, an unsolicited "opinion" on the value of the item is quite another. While it happens from time to time, it is mostly considered quite rude and is prohibited by the terms of most forums.

If I price it for sale, and you like the terms of that price and we agree, it's no one else's business... His "opinion" is not appropriate, and discussion should be centered elsewhere...

Wrong the broker was rude to me. Prices there higher than elsewhere from what I've seen shopping as well.

I was receiving personal attacks and complained that's why
It's nothing personal, it's just that you are a troll both online and in real life, and people got tired of your endless BS, whining, carping, and taking advantage of good intentioned people, wasting their time and money trying to help you buy a plane that you have no intention of ever buying.

Wrong the broker was rude to me. Prices there higher than elsewhere from what I've seen shopping as well.

So what? Go buy one of the other, lower priced airplanes offered by a more polite person. That's how the market rewards the good sellers and crushes the bad ones.

Ah looks like I've brought the trolls out of the woodwork finally! You clowns know who you are too.

Just to clarify, when you keep promising to go away, do you mean you're just changing to a new screen name ? Here's a tip. Non-trolls use their real name. Give it a try.

I am not good looking enough to be called a troll, but thanks snywayr.

This troll thinks you're kinda cute, well that plane in your avatar anyhow.... :rofl:

Guess we were all supposed to just agree with him. Truth hurts sometimes. I'm sure my travel air is ridiculously overpriced. Good thing it isn't for sale.:D

What was that line from Top Gun
You have had a he'll of a first day gentlemen. The rules of engagement exist for a reason they are not flexible nor am I

Kinda paraphrased

Understand your point.

A discussion is one thing, an unsolicited "opinion" on the value of the item is quite another. While it happens from time to time, it is mostly considered quite rude and is prohibited by the terms of most forums.

If I price it for sale, and you like the terms of that price and we agree, it's no one else's business... His "opinion" is not appropriate, and discussion should be centered elsewhere...

The internet is what the internet is, not what we think it should be. feel free to comment on anything I have for sale. I'd love to know if it's over priced or not. If I see a seller wanting to squash any price talk, I'm not interested. If he can defend his price, I'll make the call. Not sure why the seller gets to call all the shots and have the upper hand on a discussion board. I've spent 2 years of my life purchasing planes and if anyone needs protecting, it's the buyers. 9 out of 10 sellers are trying to screw you.

The internet is what the internet is, not what we think it should be. feel free to comment on anything I have for sale. I'd love to know if it's over priced or not. If I see a seller wanting to squash any price talk, I'm not interested. If he can defend his price, I'll make the call. Not sure why the seller gets to call all the shots and have the upper hand on a discussion board. I've spent 2 years of my life purchasing planes and if anyone needs protecting, it's the buyers. 9 out of 10 sellers are trying to screw you.

If I comment on any price, it'll be by PM... that's just me, but if I'm paying to sell, I expect the same treatment, and folks to follow the same rules I have to follow.

Freedom of speech is alive and well but as in all walks of life there are sometimes consequences to what you say

Just to clarify, when you keep promising to go away, do you mean you're just changing to a new screen name ? Here's a tip. Non-trolls use their real name. Give it a try.

Didn't he have to use his real name over on BT?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back