Bacon supposedly bad....

Nonsense!

What In Tarnation Clapet.jpg
th

Last edited:
Ok, you've crossed the line saying Bacon is bad. Management has been notified

Did I just read bacon and bad in the same sentence or am I drunk?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hang in there. Eggs were bad for a long time, but are now good. Bacon will be rehabilitated at some point, but why wait?

Wait a minute are we talkin' regular old everyday grocery store bacon or the hickory smoked stuff the butcher shop produces? I agree the grocery store stuff is bad unless you're in hunting camp. The butcher shop bacon is always good.

Just eat turkey bacon then...

Lol! Never really been a bacon fan myself. Too fatty.

There is a restaurant about fifty miles north of me that makes a BLT with a full pound of bacon. Some day, I gotta stop there. BUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPPP.

I have this theory when it comes to nutrition and diet.... ready? It's mindblowing... absolutely revolutionary. Ok... here it is...

Just eat regular normal food in normal portions. If you're fat eat less of it.

I know, I know just sit and try to process this for a few minutes. Your life has changed forever.

I think my grandfather ate bacon every day of his life along with everything else that is supposed to be bad for you. He lived to be 88.

My grandpa too. Grandma made his eggs in bacon grease too. He also liked to drink beer.

He also walked every day with his dog. He was kinda remarkable, I have a picture of him playing golf with Bob Hope on my fridge.

Here's an excerpt from his... whatever they call it when you die and they summarize your life or whatever...

He was a regular playing partner with Bob Hope when the latter was in town. He competed in two national PGA championships. The first was in 1940 at Hershey, PA and the second in 1956 at Canton Hills near Boston, MA. He is the eleventh oldest member in the PGA. Gordon was an avid golfer his entire life and, when he retired, continued to play golf at the Cumberland Golf Course where he was known for the numerous times he shot his age.

Well now, I liked smoked bacon. Don't care for cold, under cooked bacon found on a lot of sandwiches. Gotta be crispy bacon.
The shop usually has plenty of packages to paw through and find the amount of fat ya want. Fat is flavor and the meat is the protein. Just pick yer mix and give the nice lady at the counter your credit card. They aren't cheap at $8/lb. I suspect it is a nice profit for them. Their smoked hams are great too, they have enough smoke on them that it stands out in soups.

I think my grandfather ate bacon every day of his life along with everything else that is supposed to be bad for you. He lived to be 88.
You know whats better than bacon?

NOTHING!

Even worse, my dad still ate Italian sausage, drank beer, ate everything Italian, and no exercise. Lived to 93.

Even worse, my dad still ate Italian sausage, drank beer, ate everything Italian, and no exercise. Lived to 93.

Yep. Grandmother lived to be 94 with the same lifestyle.

Yep. Grandmother lived to be 94 with the same lifestyle.

So cool. My Italian grandparents passed way into their 90s, think grandma was 96 or 97 when she went. Man I miss her cooking, everything from scratch, even the pasta noodles. And her tomato pie, man oh man. And even better, I was her favorite grandson. :D

I'm with you. I don't think it is rocket science. If calories in equals calories burned, then you should be pretty healthy. There is a lady I know that says there are three things in your house that will kill you; your bed, your couch and your La-Z-Boy! She has a good point. An active life style promotes good health.

I have this theory when it comes to nutrition and diet.... ready? It's mindblowing... absolutely revolutionary. Ok... here it is...

I know, I know just sit and try to process this for a few minutes. Your life has changed forever.

Where's the money to be made selling diet books, workout videos, pills and Oprah endorsements? This suggestion is positively communist. I expect a Trump Tweet about it destroying jobs and the economy tomorrow morning - assuming he's not golfing.

One glaring, but never mentioned error - is that we all have as our goal, long life.
Without regard to other qualities of that life.

One glaring, but never mentioned error - is that we all have as our goal, long life.
Without regard to other qualities of that life.
What do you mean? I think I agree with what you're saying but I'm curious as to what angle you're coming from?

Lol! Never really been a bacon fan myself. Too fatty.
Call me crazy, but I haven't either, I always opt for turkey or beef bacon. Everytime I see it in the meat case at Whole Foods it never looks appetizing. 98% fat with just a few slivers of actual meat. Nah it's not for me.

Back